L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.7

on 9/14/2016 10:57:00 AM

Loved it! Best serum i've ever used.
when i used this, i always got compliments and many people asked me what i used on my face. my face looked very glowy and radiant even though i dont use it religiously.
sad to know they have discontinued my HG serum :(

A hydrating, calming serum along the veins of Estee Lauder Advanced Night repair, Lancome Genefique, Jurlique Herbal recovery gel, Kiehls midnight recovery concerntrate etc. Like its ilk, it's non-sticky, light and easily absorbed.

I didn't use this for long enough to see any long term skin brightening effects, but on a superficial level, the purported skin brightening effects are due to the oils in this serum. Oils make your skin glowy. The glow and oil content in this serum are very subtle. You'd probably not even notice it.

Overall, I don't think this serum is any better than any of the other similar type serums on the market. I'll definitely use it if I get another sample, but bang for buck, I'd buy one of the cheaper aforementioned ones. And if I really wanted to brighten my skin, I'd invest in a Vitamin C serum.

Fragrance is fresh, and very French.

I would not but this for myself, because I don't need it, but I would buy it for my mother if she promised she'd use it. This smells AMAZING. Like fresh green, cucumbery flower water. The smell is intoxication. I used a sample of this today under my sunscreen and it felt so slick and cool and lovely going on and just, oh, the smell! I wish there were a perfume or deodorant that smelled like this.

on 8/5/2012 7:39:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing to my skin, used it along with the foaming cleanser .. No brightening effect whatsoever and it did not moisturize at all , a 5 bucks cream could've done better .. Waste of money :) u may just like the aromatic smell and the ellegance of the package and that's all

on 5/17/2012 5:49:00 AM

I've been using this over a week and turns out really good. My face is more brighten and radiant. Can't tell whether it reduces any dark spots as yet.

The texture is like clear runny gel. It's easily absorb to the skin. No strong fragance.

on 4/26/2012 7:52:00 AM

I bought this recently along with the Immortelle Brightening Moisturiser. I love it. It's light, smells very refreshing, absorbs immediately into your skin, and works like a charm along with the moisturiser. I've noticed visible results upon first use and my skin continues to look more radiant and even.
There's really nothing more to add than what's already been said from the other reviews. For me, seeing is believing, and this little baby has proved to to me it's worth.

on 3/20/2012 7:48:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product. I used it religiously to see effects and just ended up getting a bad breakout and very red skin. I do not think it is worth the money as I have tried "brightening" oils from other brands that are a lot cheaper.

I have oily t-zone and very dry and sensitive skin around my jowl; living in south east asia where the weather is hot and humid for most of the year.

I like the dropper applicator but do not know if it is just the bottle i got, the cap seems to loosen no matter how hard i try to tighten it.

This serum has a slippery/ runny texture and a light floral fragrance. It is easy to apply but feels slightly sticky on the face. I just apply it on my face, eye and neck, without massaging in. After a few minutes the serum is absorbed into my skin, it feels soft and tender without the stickness; my eye area looks firm and hydrated - no stinging sensation.

I use it in the night after my cleanser and do not use any moisturiser after that.

My complexion looks more even and pores seem to look smaller after application. I would say that this product is value for money.

I love this product because it is so so light and absorbs immediately into your skin. I can apply moisturiser and make up straight after because it sinks in so quick and never EVER flakes or rolls off in bits like how treatments with silicon does. (Drives me nuts!) Has a very light pleasant smell that dissipates once it sinks in. I have not used this product consistently enough to say that it has 'brightened' my complexion although I quite often receive compliments on my skin and that it looks even nicer than before! Can't say for sure or attribute it solely to this product as IMO great skin is a combination of many things. However, I still love the texture of this and might try the other treatments in the Immortelle range.

on 4/10/2009 10:25:00 AM

This review is for the IMMORTELLE VERY PRECIOUS BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE as well. I have some melasma on my cheeks and a few dark spots that seem to be clearing up. This stuff works as well as some prescription stuff (Tri-Luna) I've used but for half the price. Don't get me wrong...it's still pricey, but a decent price given that it works for me. Packaging is durable, and I like the whole dropper concept. My skin is very dry, so the concentrate works for me since it adds an extra layer of oil that I need, but you might try the serum if you have an oilier skin type.