L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

No Image

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I found the Brightening Essence to be a waste of money. It did not brighten at all and I went through 1.5 bottles of this after which I just gave up and threw the rest away. The consistency is gel-like but I found it sticky once on my skin. I like the smell of this product but that's about it. Not repurchasing. It is $70 Cdn before taxes.

on 7/23/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So disappointed. This thing is light, non greasy. It has a fairly strong smell - not actually bad but kind of old-ladyish and overwhelming.
Maybe it works. I can't tell because everytime I put it on it seemed to break me out. Urgh.

Edit: To be fair, I'm not sure I'm using the same thing everyone else is reviewing. It's in a blue glass bottle with a pump. The SA told me it was the last of its kind, so maybe it was just old. I don't know.

on 7/2/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This review is for the IMMORTELLE VERY PRECIOUS BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE. I don't really like the consistency of the product. It feels kinda runny and oily. So I only apply it at bedtime, before moisturiser, feeling like a very unattractive oil slick. Because I didn't like the feel of it, I aimed to finish the bottle soon as I could (to justify the price) and SLATHERED it on every night so I could buy something else to try (what a product junkie). Three months later, it suddenly occurred to me that my face had taken on an incredible glow. I looked really radiant! I've never noticed my face like this before, but then again, this is the first time I am using a skin brightener. Also, because I never thought to appy this product around my eyes, as a result, the area (despite eyecreams) now looks dull and tired and much darker. Arrggghh. The difference is so obvious I am now scrambling to apply brightener diligently on my eye area every morning and night AND using an eye shadow to brighten my upper lid in the day, which I never do. This is without exaggeration. That said, the serum strangely did very little to my sun pigmentation spots, but those are very stubborn and I suspect it would take a laser treatment to erase them. Anyway, back to this brightening serum, it's serious stuff. I'll try other brightening products still, just cos I don't like the oily feel of this. But if the rest don't work, I'm definitely coming back to this baby.

This stuff really works! I have some hyperpigmentation from acne that I've been trying to get rid of for the longest time. I got my package from L'Occitane Wednesday and after two days of use my skin is noticeably brighter, skin tone more even, and scars lighter. As prior reviewers have mentioned, this works GREAT as a primer. Even though it's $82, it's still cheaper than the Caudalie system I was using, the Vinoperfect serum $79 and the Night Correcting Cream $68. They were having a sale at L'Occitane where the Brightening Serum dropped from $82 to $58. I immediately bought two. Unfortunately, they've sold out.

I used this product a few years ago and then switched to other things. Recently, I purchased it again. This serum really works for me. It really brightens and evens my skin tone. The texture and the smell are both very nice. I would recommend it to my friends.