L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

2.8

on 12/7/2014 1:51:00 PM

I honestly did not notice any brightening effect with this product. It is expensive and seems to contain a lot of filler ingredients. I think there are many more effective vitamin c serums that brighten and offer other anti-aging benefits. This serum does not offer any other anti-aging benefits. The packaging, however, is ridiculously adorable.

I would not but this for myself, because I don't need it, but I would buy it for my mother if she promised she'd use it. This smells AMAZING. Like fresh green, cucumbery flower water. The smell is intoxication. I used a sample of this today under my sunscreen and it felt so slick and cool and lovely going on and just, oh, the smell! I wish there were a perfume or deodorant that smelled like this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I found the Brightening Essence to be a waste of money. It did not brighten at all and I went through 1.5 bottles of this after which I just gave up and threw the rest away. The consistency is gel-like but I found it sticky once on my skin. I like the smell of this product but that's about it. Not repurchasing. It is $70 Cdn before taxes.

I love this product because it is so so light and absorbs immediately into your skin. I can apply moisturiser and make up straight after because it sinks in so quick and never EVER flakes or rolls off in bits like how treatments with silicon does. (Drives me nuts!) Has a very light pleasant smell that dissipates once it sinks in. I have not used this product consistently enough to say that it has 'brightened' my complexion although I quite often receive compliments on my skin and that it looks even nicer than before! Can't say for sure or attribute it solely to this product as IMO great skin is a combination of many things. However, I still love the texture of this and might try the other treatments in the Immortelle range.

on 7/23/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So disappointed. This thing is light, non greasy. It has a fairly strong smell - not actually bad but kind of old-ladyish and overwhelming.
Maybe it works. I can't tell because everytime I put it on it seemed to break me out. Urgh.

Edit: To be fair, I'm not sure I'm using the same thing everyone else is reviewing. It's in a blue glass bottle with a pump. The SA told me it was the last of its kind, so maybe it was just old. I don't know.

I was initially hesitant about purchasing this product given the mixed reviews on the site. I had been looking at buying a primer for my makeup anyway so I thought Id give it a go.

From first application I immediately felt and saw results. This has a light consistency and smooths easily over the face. It immediately seeps into the skin and leaves it with a lovely matte finish.

My moisturiser is applied over the top and it doesnt appear as shiny. I then apply my makeup and it looks so much more professional, immediately. My makeup also has more staying power with this as a base after being out at work all day I get home and my makeup still looks fresh! Since using this product I have on occasion worn makeup without Immortelle Brightening Serum as a base and it just doesnt look as good, or stay on as long.

Packaging makes it easy to apply and the glass bottle feels gorgeous, although it woul make it difficult to travel with.

I have fair skin with freckles and it hasnt exactly lightened my face or evened out my freckles but I havent expected it to and nor does it promise to. What it does give me is an immediate skin perk. I have not seen long term results but my complexion is immediately improved for the day after application.