L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

No Image

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

An HG item. I've been using this for one and a half years now and over the course of this period, have seen a great improvement in the clarity of my complexion. My skintone is unified, even and heaps brighter, possibly due to the mulberry extract. This product is formulated with Immortelle essential oil concentrated into micro-capsules for continuous 24 hour release. It's enhanced with an active ingredient derived from Vitamin C to lighten age spots, freckles, and pigmentation as well as regulate the production of melanin. I honestly believed that this has helped me achieve healthy, radiant, glowing skin. The texture of the serum is light and gel-like, absorbing instantly for a matt powdery finish. I use this under the L'Occitane Very Precious Fluid in the morning and my skin has never been happier. The packaging is typically L'Occitane, exquisitely French and very attractive, and the serum is contained in a handy blue glass bottle complete with pump-dispenser. Although it is pricey (approximately AUD 65 for 30 mls) it lasts very well, about 3 and a half months on average. On the whole, I'm overjoyed with the results achieved through use of this product and will keep on repurchasing.
EDIT 11/10/2007: It's only in times of a skincare crisis do we realize why certain items are HGs and that we should never stray from them. My skin recently went crazy after a foul experiment with fish oil pills through which I developed cystic acne on my forehead and cheeks like never before. After a week of antibiotics, my skin was clear but filled with awful dark spots. The L'Occitane Brightening serum used in conjunction with Eminence Organic's Stone Crop serum has worked wonders in reducing these marks by 80% in just one week! I started using the L'Occitane serum twice daily instead of just in the morning and indeed, it seems to work more effectively overnight. Day by day my skin has regained it's clarity. And the best part? Even through the worse bit of the breakout, this serum still kept my skin glowing. The dermatologist I went to see was shocked speechless. Oh L'Occitane, how I love thee!

Ingredients: Aqua/ Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, C14-22 Alcohols, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Anthemis Nobilis flower extract, Gentiana Lutea root extract, Glycerin, Helichrysum Italicum extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) extract, Xanthan Gum, Larrea Divaricata extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) fruit extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) oil, Borago Officinalis seed oil, Sucrose Palmitate, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Parfum/ Fragrance, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-8 Laureth, 7-C13-14 Isoparafin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Triethanolamine, Methyl/ Butyl/ Paraben, Triclosan, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium Edta, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Linalool, Limonene, Citral.

My HG too. I am using my 2nd bottle. It makes my face bright and clear.

on 9/8/2007 9:46:00 PM

This is the best serum I've ever used (so far), it's light yet super moisturizing, it's also great as a makeup base! I've used this for about a month now and can start to tell a difference in my complexion. With busy work schedule and stress, my normally smooth glowing skin started breaking out and looking dull, but this serum is definitely helping. Will purchase again when I run out, unless I find something better.
UPDATE 5/29/08: Still loving this. I've stray away from it many times, but always find myself coming back to this. L'Occitane has change the formulation to this serum, so this version is being discontinued, time to stock up!

I used this product a few years ago and then switched to other things. Recently, I purchased it again. This serum really works for me. It really brightens and evens my skin tone. The texture and the smell are both very nice. I would recommend it to my friends.

on 12/4/2007 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The smell of this product is very nice. I have been using this product for a while I think on my third bottle. I believe it makes my skin clearer and brigther but i havnet switched products to see if there was difference. I also use this as a moisturizer and its a little too light for my taste so i combined it with the elxiir. I might edit my rating higher once i try somethign else...

on 12/13/2007 9:08:00 PM

I've only been using this for a month; it is the first product from L'occitane's "Immortelle" line that I've tried. Really, I haven't seen much difference with using this. Definitely there's been no adverse effects or harm, but neither do I see any improvement. I don't know if it's because I've only used it for a month, or if I can't tell because my skin is pale so I wouldn't see "brightening" to any certain degree. This serum definitely feels luxurious putting it on; it sinks in nicely and leaves no hint of greasiness. I wait a few minutes before applying my sunscreen and haven't experienced any greasiness. This serum has a funky smell which is probably the "immortelle" plant or herb. I personally don't like it. It is pretty expensive and since I don't see any difference, I don't think I'lll buy this again.

on 1/28/2008 9:27:00 AM

It did absolutely nothing for my face, just made it look patchy and dry. i would never ever buy anything under the Immortelle range ever. Waste!

I was initially hesitant about purchasing this product given the mixed reviews on the site. I had been looking at buying a primer for my makeup anyway so I thought Id give it a go.

From first application I immediately felt and saw results. This has a light consistency and smooths easily over the face. It immediately seeps into the skin and leaves it with a lovely matte finish.

My moisturiser is applied over the top and it doesnt appear as shiny. I then apply my makeup and it looks so much more professional, immediately. My makeup also has more staying power with this as a base after being out at work all day I get home and my makeup still looks fresh! Since using this product I have on occasion worn makeup without Immortelle Brightening Serum as a base and it just doesnt look as good, or stay on as long.

Packaging makes it easy to apply and the glass bottle feels gorgeous, although it woul make it difficult to travel with.

I have fair skin with freckles and it hasnt exactly lightened my face or evened out my freckles but I havent expected it to and nor does it promise to. What it does give me is an immediate skin perk. I have not seen long term results but my complexion is immediately improved for the day after application.

on 7/15/2008 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Light, absorbing, moisturizing. It's a natural means to brighten the skin without harsh chemicals. It takes a bit longer to see results, but this product works. The immediate benefit is firmer skin and smaller pores; the long term benefit is more even skin color. The dropper packaging is brilliant.

This stuff really works! I have some hyperpigmentation from acne that I've been trying to get rid of for the longest time. I got my package from L'Occitane Wednesday and after two days of use my skin is noticeably brighter, skin tone more even, and scars lighter. As prior reviewers have mentioned, this works GREAT as a primer. Even though it's $82, it's still cheaper than the Caudalie system I was using, the Vinoperfect serum $79 and the Night Correcting Cream $68. They were having a sale at L'Occitane where the Brightening Serum dropped from $82 to $58. I immediately bought two. Unfortunately, they've sold out.