L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

on 12/30/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, I think you can find a cheaper alternative to this because it had no "wow" factor for me. I liked how it felt on my skin and that's about it. The smell is kinda fresh too so you feel like it's a bit of a luxury products because of it and it was a nice base before my night cream. Won't re-purchase because it's damn expensive and I think there's better serums out there for this price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

pros:
make my face brighter even in first time used
reduce redness
reduce dullness
tightening large pores
fading a bit my acne scar
shrink fast,

cons;
damn expensive

on 12/7/2014 1:51:00 PM

I honestly did not notice any brightening effect with this product. It is expensive and seems to contain a lot of filler ingredients. I think there are many more effective vitamin c serums that brighten and offer other anti-aging benefits. This serum does not offer any other anti-aging benefits. The packaging, however, is ridiculously adorable.

on 12/13/2012 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Have been using it morning and night for the past two weeks and i definitely notice a difference. The darker spots have reduced quite a bit. Also if you use this product along with facials/microdermabrasions you will notice more of a difference. Its light enough to wear during the day and doesn't feel oily
The only complaint i have is the bottle itself. The dropper barely works. I don't even bother with it anymore so I just pour it out.

I have oily t-zone and very dry and sensitive skin around my jowl; living in south east asia where the weather is hot and humid for most of the year.

I like the dropper applicator but do not know if it is just the bottle i got, the cap seems to loosen no matter how hard i try to tighten it.

This serum has a slippery/ runny texture and a light floral fragrance. It is easy to apply but feels slightly sticky on the face. I just apply it on my face, eye and neck, without massaging in. After a few minutes the serum is absorbed into my skin, it feels soft and tender without the stickness; my eye area looks firm and hydrated - no stinging sensation.

I use it in the night after my cleanser and do not use any moisturiser after that.

My complexion looks more even and pores seem to look smaller after application. I would say that this product is value for money.

on 4/1/2009 9:12:00 PM

Like the reviewer below...this review is for the IMMORTELLE VERY PRECIOUS BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE:
(http://ca.loccitane.com/19/1/1403/37178/Face-Care/Immortelle-Very-Precious-Brightening-Concentrate.htm)
and not http://ca.loccitane.com/19/1/1403/18171/Face-Care/Brightening-Renewing-Serum.htm

Anyway, I bought this product for my mom who has age spots (seems to run in our family). She's been using it nightly for about 2 months ago, and has noticeably faded age spots / brighter complexion. It's great! Can't really tell if it's running out yet, but I'm going to get another bottle tomorrow. Think I'll give it a try too since some reviewers below mention using it for acne scars. =)

on 7/15/2008 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Light, absorbing, moisturizing. It's a natural means to brighten the skin without harsh chemicals. It takes a bit longer to see results, but this product works. The immediate benefit is firmer skin and smaller pores; the long term benefit is more even skin color. The dropper packaging is brilliant.

I was initially hesitant about purchasing this product given the mixed reviews on the site. I had been looking at buying a primer for my makeup anyway so I thought Id give it a go.

From first application I immediately felt and saw results. This has a light consistency and smooths easily over the face. It immediately seeps into the skin and leaves it with a lovely matte finish.

My moisturiser is applied over the top and it doesnt appear as shiny. I then apply my makeup and it looks so much more professional, immediately. My makeup also has more staying power with this as a base after being out at work all day I get home and my makeup still looks fresh! Since using this product I have on occasion worn makeup without Immortelle Brightening Serum as a base and it just doesnt look as good, or stay on as long.

Packaging makes it easy to apply and the glass bottle feels gorgeous, although it woul make it difficult to travel with.

I have fair skin with freckles and it hasnt exactly lightened my face or evened out my freckles but I havent expected it to and nor does it promise to. What it does give me is an immediate skin perk. I have not seen long term results but my complexion is immediately improved for the day after application.

on 12/13/2007 9:08:00 PM

I've only been using this for a month; it is the first product from L'occitane's "Immortelle" line that I've tried. Really, I haven't seen much difference with using this. Definitely there's been no adverse effects or harm, but neither do I see any improvement. I don't know if it's because I've only used it for a month, or if I can't tell because my skin is pale so I wouldn't see "brightening" to any certain degree. This serum definitely feels luxurious putting it on; it sinks in nicely and leaves no hint of greasiness. I wait a few minutes before applying my sunscreen and haven't experienced any greasiness. This serum has a funky smell which is probably the "immortelle" plant or herb. I personally don't like it. It is pretty expensive and since I don't see any difference, I don't think I'lll buy this again.

on 9/8/2007 9:46:00 PM

This is the best serum I've ever used (so far), it's light yet super moisturizing, it's also great as a makeup base! I've used this for about a month now and can start to tell a difference in my complexion. With busy work schedule and stress, my normally smooth glowing skin started breaking out and looking dull, but this serum is definitely helping. Will purchase again when I run out, unless I find something better.
UPDATE 5/29/08: Still loving this. I've stray away from it many times, but always find myself coming back to this. L'Occitane has change the formulation to this serum, so this version is being discontinued, time to stock up!