L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Serum

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.7

I would not but this for myself, because I don't need it, but I would buy it for my mother if she promised she'd use it. This smells AMAZING. Like fresh green, cucumbery flower water. The smell is intoxication. I used a sample of this today under my sunscreen and it felt so slick and cool and lovely going on and just, oh, the smell! I wish there were a perfume or deodorant that smelled like this.

on 10/12/2012 4:16:00 PM

Actually, its name is Immortelle Brightening Essence. This essence extra solution to brighten skin and its main purpose is not a moisture.I a set of Clinique daily skincare #4 but it is not much benefits. Therefore, I use L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Essence before my Clinique moisture. A beautiful combination! ^^

on 8/5/2012 7:39:00 PM

Did absolutely nothing to my skin, used it along with the foaming cleanser .. No brightening effect whatsoever and it did not moisturize at all , a 5 bucks cream could've done better .. Waste of money :) u may just like the aromatic smell and the ellegance of the package and that's all

on 3/20/2012 7:48:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product. I used it religiously to see effects and just ended up getting a bad breakout and very red skin. I do not think it is worth the money as I have tried "brightening" oils from other brands that are a lot cheaper.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

According to the box: Smoothens, even, lightens. The brightening essence is a concentrated serum which visibly preserves youth and brightens skin. It's fresh and light serum formula combines:

- organic immortelle essential oil, concentrated in time-released micro capsules, for long lasting anti-wrinkle, anti-free radical and firming effectiveness

-Bellis perennis brightening extract, combined witha vitamin c derivative to make the complexion more uniform and more radiant

- a wintergreen leaf extract to stimulate the natural exfoliantion of cells and refine skin's texture with soothing and moisturizing agents: chamomile extract and allantoine

Day after day, complexion is more radiant and even-toned. Skin is soothed and moisturized, firmed, and toned. It attains a youthful glow.

Wow. I'm heading towards the age of 25. I know most of you are thinking, "Isn't she too young for this skin care line?" I never thought any L'Occitane facial product would work out for me. After doing a bit of research on here, I decided to look into this product. I was in the market for a night serum that will help me out with the Differin gel I use at night (0.1% adapalene). Now, I've been told not to use any type of facial lotion and opt to use a serum instead by my esthetician. Serums are meant to be concentrated, therefore serums will penetrate deeper into the skin and does what it is suppose to do and will give your skin enough skin hydration. Moisturizer are just fillers and are not to be penetrated into the skin, hence there are more preservatives in moisturizers than a serum. Another plus is this serum contains no perservatives! So I did what my esthetician told me, and using other serums I've had great results. I haven't used it long, but based on the sample I got from the nice sephora lady, my skin seemed to like it after applying Differin gel. It could be just me, but just trying the sample I noticed my skin what a bit brighter. Glad I got a 20% discount from sephora, so I quickly snatched this up. I have not regretted buying this since. I only use it at night as it can be somewhat oily (even when I wake up). But its ok as I know at least my skin won't dry out from the differin gel at night. Right now I can honestly say I have complete faith in the product. I can not wait until I see results at the end of 4 or 8 weeks of using this (and afterwards, of course). I did get some samples of the Brightening Shield with SPF 40 PA +++. Completely different, and greasy! I was disappointed and returned it to sephora.

**UPDATE: Ok... this serum does really make the skin glow! I guess its just something about evening primrose oil. Now that it is winter, my esthetician told me to use two serums as heat can dry skin faster. I still use this serum first then I put Dr. G's Hydra-Intensive Serum. Dr. G is a korean brand and contains evening primrose oil also. Once I wake up my skin is nice and supple, not oily! I will only use two serums at night when it is winter time. I will switch to using only this at night as I get somewhat oily in this humidity during spring/summer/fall.

I love this product because it is so so light and absorbs immediately into your skin. I can apply moisturiser and make up straight after because it sinks in so quick and never EVER flakes or rolls off in bits like how treatments with silicon does. (Drives me nuts!) Has a very light pleasant smell that dissipates once it sinks in. I have not used this product consistently enough to say that it has 'brightened' my complexion although I quite often receive compliments on my skin and that it looks even nicer than before! Can't say for sure or attribute it solely to this product as IMO great skin is a combination of many things. However, I still love the texture of this and might try the other treatments in the Immortelle range.

on 7/23/2009 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

So disappointed. This thing is light, non greasy. It has a fairly strong smell - not actually bad but kind of old-ladyish and overwhelming.
Maybe it works. I can't tell because everytime I put it on it seemed to break me out. Urgh.

Edit: To be fair, I'm not sure I'm using the same thing everyone else is reviewing. It's in a blue glass bottle with a pump. The SA told me it was the last of its kind, so maybe it was just old. I don't know.

on 3/26/2009 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the IMMORTELLE VERY PRECIOUS BRIGHTENING CONCENTRATE:

I brought this product 3 weeks ago, I have a deep skin tone so my acne scars are very noticeable. After using this product every night for about 3 weeks...wow!My skin looks so much better smooth and soft and those acne scars that I have had since i was 14 BARELY NOTICEABLE!
MIracle product!

This stuff really works! I have some hyperpigmentation from acne that I've been trying to get rid of for the longest time. I got my package from L'Occitane Wednesday and after two days of use my skin is noticeably brighter, skin tone more even, and scars lighter. As prior reviewers have mentioned, this works GREAT as a primer. Even though it's $82, it's still cheaper than the Caudalie system I was using, the Vinoperfect serum $79 and the Night Correcting Cream $68. They were having a sale at L'Occitane where the Brightening Serum dropped from $82 to $58. I immediately bought two. Unfortunately, they've sold out.

on 12/4/2007 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The smell of this product is very nice. I have been using this product for a while I think on my third bottle. I believe it makes my skin clearer and brigther but i havnet switched products to see if there was difference. I also use this as a moisturizer and its a little too light for my taste so i combined it with the elxiir. I might edit my rating higher once i try somethign else...