4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I got this as a free gift in an Everyday Minerals order a few years ago. I've been using it as my go-to foundation ever since. For some reason, it's the perfect color for me. It's too light as a bronzer, but it covers very well and gives my face a lovely glow. I never use regular bronzers, they are way too dark. Every other foundation color is a little off for my skin, but this is perfect. Go figure.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

This bronzer is amazing for contouring on light skin! This is the first time I have ever used a bronzer that did not make me orange or look like I had dirt on my face. If you have medium skin tone this bronzer probably wont do anything for you. For reference I use the fairly light semi-matte foundation. Will absolutely purchase again.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

I'm a very fair skinned redhead who likes to keep it that way but i still dont want to look dead and I'm in love! This is the lightest bronzer I have been able to find. Its perfect for contouring because its matte and you can't tell I have added anything but I look sunkissed now and skinnier. Its also a great texture, not drying but blends. This will be the only bronzer I use now and I use it everyday.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I love this bronzer! I usually wear 'fair' to 'fairly light' in EM. I had a hard time finding the right bronzer for me because most of the brands that I tried turned my face too orange & fake. This bronzer is perfect because It looks natural! It doesn't make my face orange and it gives me a nice glow. The color is subtle so you don't need to worry about overdoing it, and it is buildable if you want a stronger color. Hope EM never discontinue this! This is the best bronzer ever.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

8 years ago

I used to love Everyday Minerals. I had a ton of foundations in different shades/finishes and lots of blushes/bronzers. I haven't felt the same about the company since they started changing ingredients and not being honest from the get-go with people about it. That said, my EM Soft Bronzer is the older version, before the ingredient change. I can only wear it in the winter, so it's taken me years to use it up (finally did this morning!). It's a pretty ok bronzer, but honestly nothing special. I wore Golden Fair in EM, and I'm an NC15 in MAC. It warms up my face a smidgen, but it definitely doesn't add much color or look like bronzer. I honestly like more color than this, which is why I would not repurchase this particular bronzer, ingredient change or not. I am, however, sad about the fact that I can't get their Everyday Bronzer now. I really loved that one!

About reviewer (234 reviews)

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This is the perfect bronzer for FAIR skin, I mean any shade of pale. It is a barely there, but looking healthy, bronzer. The only down side is that it is loose powder so that takes some getting used to. Sometimes with loose formulas it is difficult to get the same amount of product on your brush. However, I would have to say that this is a fail proof product, it is sheer so even if you apply too much you will never look orange or beaten. Love this one! Plus, does not irritate or break me out! It also has a sifter that closes, preventing over spill.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I'm confused about the negative reviews of this product. Since I'm so pale (MAC NC 15), I've never been a fan of bronzers because they look so fake with my skin tone. I tried the sample size of this product because it clearly states that it's a "sheer, light, dewy bronzer" to be used as an all over face color for a sheer hint of warmth for fair skin tones. And, the photo on the EDM site is an accurate representation of what the Soft Bronzer looks like. The previous reviewer with a medium skin tone is disappointed that the color is lighter than her actual skin tone, but I don't understand why she bought it after seeing the picture and reading the product description. If you have medium skin, then go for a regularly pigmented bronzer because it would look fine on you. This definitely will not show up on skin tones darker than light to slightly light-medium. It may provide a little glow, though, if that's what you're looking for. Anyways, maybe the other reviewers who have fair skin think they're fairer than they actually are. I've met a lot of women who consider themselves fair, but in comparison to me, I would consider them light-medium. For me, this Soft Bronzer is exactly what I was looking for. I put a few specs in the lid of my EDM foundation (Golden Fair, for reference) to test it out, and only a few specs of product gave me the warmth I was looking for. I applied it on top of Pink Ribbon blush and it's a beautiful warm glowy shade. I then brushed some on my nose, chin, and forehead. It's not nearly as shimmery as I thought it would be, so it's incredibly natural looking. It provides a slight glowy-ness, but the individual shimmers are not detectable (in this lighting, anyway, I haven't tried it outdoors, yet). I'm not a fan of completely matte products, so I'm happy it has some slight shimmer. For very fair women, I highly recommend this!

About reviewer (121 reviews)

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

1.0

9 years ago

meh. i have used a ton of bronzers, high end to low, written so many reviews on them and this is just unremarkable. never reach for it, barely shows on my very fair skin. i sometimes carry it in my mu bag when i need a very tiny bronzer to tote along, but even then i ask myself why bother? if not for the small sample size container would have tossed this a long time ago.

About reviewer (619 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

1.0

9 years ago

ive never seen a bronzer so light. i have medium skin tone and i knew this would be light but its lighter than my skintone. i wish everyday minerals would come out with a better selection of bronzers this one is too ligt and the everday one is too red toned for me. love everyday minerals and its a vegan company but not a fan of their bronzers.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

This the only matte bronzer I have used that is suitable for my very fair skin. I'm NW 15, Cool Fair from EDM is too dark in winter. I was all over EDM a couple of years ago, and have lots of stuff lying around, but this (sometimes mixed with Natural lucent face color to add glow) is pretty much the only product I still use. Bronzers in general just don't work for me - too dark, too brown, too orange, just not flattering. This is a very neutral shade, and light enough that it's not going to do much for you unless you're fair/light. But for those of us who never thought we could even use bronzer - this is a find. It also works well as a contouring powder. I still use it pretty sparingly though, so my jar will probably last for years. Really the only downside to this is that it is a loose powder. I'm a bit over loose mineral makeup in general, and would love if this came out in a pressed version. The reason I'm giving this a 4 is because the packaging seems "cheaper" than it was. The jars on many of my newest products from EM don't close properly and just seem less sturdy. Also, the company closed down the forum, changed the website making it harder to navigate and increased shipping prices. It's still a brilliant product, though, and I will order again if I ever run out.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age36-43