L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof in Black

3.6

on 11/7/2017 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

No point in a long review--after only 3 applications, loss of several eyelashes each time. Another one for the trash.

on 10/17/2017 8:44:00 PM

The formula gets dry and clumps on the wand after a few uses making application a little more difficult. Does not stay put. Even the waterproof formula rubs/flakes off. I look like Rocket the Raccoon by the end of the day.

on 9/5/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

There seem to be two listings for this product. This is my all time favorite mascara. It helps to fan out the lashes and keep their curl (I use a lash curler). It does what its meant to, add volume. Its also a nice deep black and never smudges yet is easy enough to remove. I've bought about ten tubes of this and will repurchase.

on 12/27/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is not my favorite waterproof mascara. In fact, I didn't really like it. It was clumping easily, and it also had a weird fake-tan-product smell. That's a really weird smell for a mascara. Maybe that's from the dye ? I don't know..

Also, I prefer my lashes to look fake (kind-of), voluminous, long, jet black and full, and this mascara gave me a really natural look. They were not long, not voluminous, not full while using this, only a really natural look. It was not enough for me. I also found that it flaked sometimes, and that it also made me a raccoon while I used some concealer *but not all*.

I also would like to add that I'm not a fan of the packaging, I think it looks old and not really pretty. I don't mind that kind of thing if the product inside is good, but I didn't like it either so I was disappointed either way.

All-in-all, I would not purchase again, but my experience differs from a lot of other reviews on this product, so you might want to try it if you stumble upon it on sale ?

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is, by far, my HG mascara. I loved L'Oreal Voluminous from the beginning, and was even more impressed when I started buying the waterproof version. The wand is shaped perfectly to distribute the product onto lashes evenly, while building LOTS of volume in just one or two coats. I have been asked if my eyelashes are real before while wearing just two coats of this! As for the waterproof quality, it lives up to its name. I have worn this to the beach, to waterparks, and have cried my eyes out, all without mascara running down my face. I will say that, once your lashes get wet, the mascara dries a little flaky and doesn't look quite as awesome. But this is still great to wear when you know your face might be getting wet, because it doesn't take much to make your lashes look great, and your mascara definitely won't run. I have never found a better mascara, personally.

on 7/27/2012 2:29:00 PM

Best waterproof mascara I've ever encountered in my life. There is an absolute unmatchable staying power of this mascara for it not being too waxy or too thick. The result is dark, thick, and volumized lashes that are separated to perfection. If you go a little overboard there is a chance that you'll clump up the tips, but if you go slow and precise, you'll get smooth, flawless lashes. Doesn't dry out before the tube is all used up, and best of all, will NEVER give you raccoon eyes!

on 3/27/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was so disappointed after trying this, as a lot of people seem to love it. On me, it gives just a little volume, and flakes so much!!! Didn't like it at all.

If you want a mascara that helps u look like a racoon after two hours....and if you want to spend the next 30 minutes in the morning to clean the residue (yes, I did try to clean all of my make up before I go to bed but IT STILL CLINGED ON MY EYES, oh my god) --> this mascara is for you.

You're welcome. I'm throwing this mascara to the trash can right now

on 8/25/2011 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

i looved the way this product made my lashes look, however, it began smudging around under my eyes very quickly, after only a couple of hours. will definitely not be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far I am completely obsessed with this mascara. I know it has been around forever, but its all about the packaging! If it was more appealing(don't get me wrong, the quality of the packaging is great, especially the matte finish and the non-flimsy material), I probably would of bought this product a long time ago. Anyways, it is a GREAT product. Ive had a lot of people recommended it too me and I am soo glad I finally listened. I got it in Black Waterproof. Here are the stats...
Pros:
-Does not flake
-Does not smudge
-Does not clump on my lashes
-Easily build-able thickness
-Doesn't leave you lashes sticky or crispy
-Lengthens and adds volume without looking unnatural, but like i said it is build-able
-Not messy or wet
-Dries pleasantly quickly
-Easily removable
-Keeps my lashes curled
-Dependably waterproof

Cons:
-If you are looking for A LOT or thickness, you would have to apply a couple of coats

All in all, I would defiantly recommend this product.
XOXO <3 IsabellaAnn2210