LUSH Skin Drink

LUSH Skin Drink

3.7

Water (Aqua) , Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) , Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa centifolia) , Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Propylene Glycol , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Stearic Acid , Cetearyl Alcohol , Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Neroli Oil (Citrus amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Triethanolamine , *Geraniol , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Citronellol , Perfume , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

on 6/4/2016 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Skindrink is average at best and there are much better options for the price.

Pros
- skins into skin easily
- didn't cause breakouts or irritations
- vegan, do not test on animals

Cons
- it didn't moisturize my dry skin as well as I would like
- it is a brownish tan shade and left a tint behind. My face is fairly pale at N10. My body is a shade lighter. So, I really don't need to use products that darken my facial skin. Overall, it was really weird. It also seemed to accentuate any redness.

Neutral
- the product comes in a black screw-top pot. I don't mind this as it makes it easy to regulate how much product used and you can see how much is left. I do question how sanitary it is over time, but I didn't have any issues.

Price: 1.5 Oz. for $24.95 USD

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) , Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) , Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa centifolia) , Fresh Organic Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Propylene Glycol , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) , Stearic Acid , Cetearyl Alcohol , Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Organic Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera Biennis) , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Triethanolamine , *Geraniol , *Farnesol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Citronellol , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Propylparaben . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

I really like this product, I have dry patches on my cheeks, Skin drink remedies this and leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, and as someone that is peri menopausal, I am prone to feeling dry on my face. I dont agree with one of the previous commenters, that says it just sits on the skin, my skin did soak this up and I will buy it again.

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

This is a really nice moisturizer that doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
However - Use it in the evenings. I used it in the morning, left it to sink into my skin and then tried to apply makeup on top of it. Mega disaster - As it says on the product itself, it leaves a protective layer on the skin and I had forgotten about this, so my makeup would not settle on my skin and looked patchy and horrible. Lesson learned, experience passed on to anyone reading this!
I like the smell of this - It smells natural. Would rather have this smell than a perfume-bomb.
And it does make your skin feel hydrated and soft.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm sure this cream could be hydrating, IF you can get over how nauseating it smells. I couldn't. It smells so disgusting that I couldn't even keep it on my face for longer than 5 minutes. It also made my beauty blender smell when I applied foundation overtop, so the scent unfortunately transfers and lingers for a while. The packaging is fine considering I like other Lush face creams. The price is also decent, as it is one of the cheaper face creams Lush sells. But my god, I could not tolerate the scent whatsoever.

on 9/3/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

EDIT: I'm taking my original 5 star rating down to 2... i know.. i know..but let me explain lol. In high school I had generally clear skin, fast forward 4 years later to now where I'm a university student stressed beyond belief, my face is covered in closed comedones (flesh coloured bumps that when you squeeze them white stuff comes out, they are not whiteheads or black heads as they don't have a color to their head). I tried everything to get rid of them, clarisonic, exfoliation, extracting them..you name it, i did it. To top it off, I have naturally oily skin which is the perfect environment for the closed comedones to flourish. I decided to switch up my skin care to something that was more natural (i.e. lush) thinking it would help. It didn't. Besides all my closed comedones, the pores on my nose were so big, I could see all the gunk in it and I'd wake up every morning disgusted with my skin and longing for the day where i could just wake up and love my skin.

Eventually, I went to the dermatologist because i had grown so self-conscious about my skin (i know it's not the worst case of acne as in some lighting the bumps aren't even noticeable, but still.. I cared). My first visit with my dorm was at like 3pm and I went makeup-less and had applied skin drink at maybe 9am. Upon touching my face she was like "oh my god what do you have on your face, this is just sitting on your skin like a layer of oil". I explained to her that the moisturizer wasn't the cause of my bumps as I'd had them long before using skin drink and the reason I used skin drink was because my skin just felt so dry and tight with most moisturizers and this was the only one that didn't make my skin feel that way and made it plump. She told me the reason why my skin felt so "tight" was because I was exfoliating with products that were too harsh (ocean salt) and using products that had high amounts of denatured alcohol. I was shocked because I thought all of lush's products were natural, but she went through all the ingredients on the products I used... and oh my goodness, I was shocked. Although Lush has better skincare products then other companies, I guess for skin like mine, it just wasn't doing it.
In the end, i stopped using skin drink as although it wasn't directly giving me all my lovely closed comedones, it was contributing to my clogged pores on my noes. I've now sorta found a balance with my skin that is not too dry and not too oily and has helped get rid of most of my closed comedones, it's still not perfect as the products i use sometimes make me a bit too dry (retinol and glycolic acid), slowly but surely i'm getting to a point where i'll be happy with my skin.

All together, I've stopped using lush's products for the most part, I use ocean salt on the back of my thighs to prevent in-grown hairs, i use the 9-5 cleanser some days, their lip scrubs, mask of magnanimity very occasionally and their perfumes because LUST is my HG.

--------

Im shocked i like this product....
I have oily skin (like do you work at mcdonalds oily skin) and this moisturizer is the best moisturizer EVER and such a good price.
Ive honestly tried so many moisturizers and they were never satisfying.. They just didnt do anything in terms of helping my skin, or they werent moisturizing enough or were too moisturizing.
When i started using lush's moisturizers, i started with gorgeous which i LOVED but its completley overpriced (i dont care that princess diana used it, its a mosturizer for god sakes not a silver chain necklace). I then tried imperialis, which was ok but nothing special/ some days i liked it some days i didnt/ i liked it more for the price compared to the price of other moisturizers by lush. I then tried vanishing cream which honestly just vanished on my skin, id put it on and my skin would feel like i didnt put anything all so i returned it and gave celestial a try which was also just ok.
Then i was at the end of my rope and decided to try skin drink. Even though it clearly says its suited for dry skin....my oil slick skin loves it. I never understood what ppl meant when they said a product makes their skin feel plump, now i totally get it. My face just looks so healthy, plump and somewhat more even toned. It also looks hydrated but not oily and i can even apply my makeup as soon as its sunk in and even though it claims to be a heavier mosturizer for dry skin (aka lots of moisture my skin doesnt need), i dont become more oily or become unable to apply my makeup. GAHHH IM OBSESSED.

Im not a fan of the smell, i mean its not bad but id prefer the smell of a pot of roses or something lol.
Im a bit confused how people said it sat on their skin...it sunk right into my skin just as if it were "a glass of water".

I kind of feel like ive found my holy grail moisturizer, now if only i could find a holy grail eye cream....too bad lush misses the beat on their eye creams! But skin drink is truly a gem

on 8/29/2015 8:14:00 AM

I try this on at lush. the girl gave me sample of this moisturizer. The smell is bad, but work wonder on my dry skin. this absorb quickly. The smell went away quickly. I judged a product by it performance not by the smell of a product. Great moisturizer.

on 7/2/2015 9:22:00 AM

Moisturises well but caused me to break out on areas I don't normally, like between my eyebrows. I'm not really keen on the smell either, it smells awful, just greasy/oily.

It's so heavy, it literally sits on top of your skin. I used this in the winter time, and wouldn't use in the summer.

The girl at LUSH recommend me this when I said my skin was dry. I live by the sea, it's crazy windy so always getting dry skin. Although, I have combination skin. So I said I'll try it.

IF YOU DONT HAVE REALLY DRY SKIN DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!

It sat on my skin, it's extremely heavy. My skin felt greasy, I wouldn't of been able to put make up on top of it. I only used it once and I returned it to the store and exchanged it for Imperials, which is for combined skin and it works so much better!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product. But if your skin is like mine (like the Sahara desert) then this might not be enough for you. It also doesn't smell that great. I also have very sensitive skin, and this did not burn. It didn't really improve anything but it did not make anything worse either. If you need something extremely moisturizing, try Skins Shangrila from Lush instead.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this moisturizer. I was torn between this one and Gorgeous, but went with this one based on the price as Gorgeous costs double (or more?), and figured if I didn't like it I wouldn't feel like a ton of money was wasted (although this one is pricy too, for the amount you get). My skin has always been dry and as of lately very acne prone. This didn't break me out and moisturized really well. The smell isn't delicious at all, the sesame oil smell really shines here but it doesn't linger so I'm okay with it; some people do not tolerate it so beware. I recently got my hands on a sample of Gorgeous and after using it each morning for 2 days my cheeks have broken out so I'm not even going to bother with that one any more. I'd buy Sin Drink again wishing that it had a better scent. Oh well.