Avalon Organics Moisturing Creme Shave in Aloe Unscented

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 6/27/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would never consider using anything else. This is the best of the best, as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to organic shaving creams. It is perfect for sensitive skin and it doesn't promote ingrown hairs like Art of Shaving's expensive rose shaving cream did. I like that it is unscented. It doesn't agitate my underarm area. It is a good price. It lasts for about six months to a year for me. I look forward to owning this product for life.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Much better than soap, foaming shave cream/gel, conditioner or body wash. My new favorite.

on 10/13/2007 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really happy with this. I've had a lot of trouble in the past with getting rashes from shaving products - I have v sensitive skin. It's unscented, has a lovely smooth consistency to shave with, and actually leaves my skin feeling slightly moisturised rather than stripped of all hydration like it used to after shaving. It's also a reasonable price, which is a bonus. I used to use the PC shave gel, but there's no way I'd repurchase the PC now I've found this.

on 8/6/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite shaving cream of all time. It goes on easily and leaves my skin incredibly smooth. I don't know if the beta gluten actually helps heal irritation and nicks, but thats probably because I never have any to begin with anymore.

Make sure you rinse your razor often because it can get clogged. Also, the tube is kind of annoying to open and close while in the middle of shaving. However, I can live with these 2 problems as long as it continues to work as well as it does.

on 6/3/2007 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this. It gives me a PERFECT shave. I can't stand shave gels since I found they create a lot of lather and foam but what protects my skin better and helps the razor glide better (which for me is most important), I've found, is a non foaming slick kind of substance. Which is what the Avalon shave creme is. And previously I'd just been using Dove shower gel. Which worked but not as well as I'd like for sensitive areas like my underarms and bikini zone. My body hair is very thick/coarse and so I hate having to really SCRAPE the razor over my skin in order to make sure I got a close shave. This shave cream eliminates that entirely. The smell is something I just ignore. It's nothing wonderful, but after a few moments you can't really tell. It smells the way most 'fragrance free' products do. Which doesn't really bother me since it goes down the drain anyway and doesn't linger on the skin. I took a point off for the bottle size. It's a bit small, for the price, and for how much you end up using to shave.

I bought this from drugstore.com because I was really impressed with all the natural ingredients and botanicals. It's very gentle on the skin and gives a pretty close shave, but I do have a couple of problems with it. First, the smell. While this is unscented, it has the smell of old, stale cosmetics, like a cream you've let sit in a plastic container for too long. This is a pretty thin lotion and you have to use a lot, and even then you can't tell where you've put it on your leg. It aldo clogged my razor easily. I'm not sure if I would try this in another scent or not. I will probably keep looking for now.

Popular Body Skincare Products