Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]
Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Active: Octinoxate 4.5%. Inactive: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hextorite, Laureth-4, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylparaben, Silk Powder, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Caffeine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Aluminum Hydroxide. May Contain [ /- Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica].

on 6/18/2017 8:27:00 PM

I love this foundation so much. It goes on very smoothly. The only problem is I got the wrong shade and it is a tiny bit below my skin type. But now, I try to use it as concealer

on 7/26/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know why it says this product is discontinued - my mom bought it for me a couple of months ago, and I've been using it ever since. It is the Instant Age Rewind Cream Compact Foundation in Classic Ivory by Maybelline New York. This is one awesome product! The bottom twists out and holds the circular sponge, and underneath the sponge is a mirror. The top pops open and holds the foundation. I cover my face with it and it blends into my skin very nicely. You can barely tell that I'm wearing it, but it makes my skin look very smooth and it covers my pimples. I do look a little bit paler with it on, but then I use blush to bring color back into my cheeks.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I reviewed the cream copact - I am MAC NC35 shade, I tried the mediums 2,4. Really liked the creamy blendable formula, sponge is not good, I used a Clinique one that I had, didn't like the swivel out mirror either. The 2 shade makes me look pinky, i guess they don't do yellow undertones,Only reason I would not buy again is because it broke me out.

on 12/30/2009 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

at first i didnt care for this product. I was using my mac foundation brush and it just wasnt sitting right on my skin, although the color was a good match (pure biege). it sat on my shelf for a while as i used up my mufe hd. after repurchasing the mufe hd and gasping at the price, i decided to try this again using my beauty blender. this was this secret for me. this is a beautiful medium coverage for me and i use it on non-work days when i dont want to use my mufe. this come in a very nice second place.

on 12/5/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have finally found my soulmate....great coverage; no breakouts, no transfer, no shininess and guess what... THEY ARE DISCONTINUING IT: heres the message from Maybelline themselves:

From: "Maybelline" A
December 4, 2009

It was not easy for us to make the decision to discontinue Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation SPF 18. This was a wonderful product that we know some of our consumers will miss. Unfortunately, demand for this was not high enough for us to continue manufacturing it. As consumers ourselves, we understand how disappointing it can be when a favorite product or shade is no longer offered.

We do still make Instant Age Rewind Foundation SPF 18, formulated with caffeine extract to firm skin, radiance pearls brighten and moisturize and natural silk fibers to help to lift and support the skin.

We appreciate your loyalty to Maybelline New York.

Sincerely,
Helen
Consumer Affairs Supervisor
continued >>

on 11/19/2009 12:56:00 PM

WOW! For someone who has always used an oil free foundation (to prevent breakouts) I am sooo impressed with this! I wanted something for the Wisconsin (dry and freezing) winters that would cover any redness, make me look fresh not oily, and give my skin enough hydration so it won't flake on me. This has been amazing! I have not experienced any breakouts although I always fully remove my makeup at night. The finish is very fresh, not too "glowy", lasts a good long time although it will smudge if you rub too hard, doesn't make my skin any oilier and I haven't had any dryness so far. Only problem that the color I got isn't an exact match so I can't put too much on and really need to blend it in well.

Great, inexpensive product with a FANTASTIC dispenser so you aren't contaminating the foundation and a wonderful price.

on 11/19/2009 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

After seeing the amazing reviews for this foundation I decided it was worth a shot - it was on clearance at Walgreens for a few bucks and so I thought, what do I have to lose? At the time I had mixed feelings about the medium-to-full coverage and the slightly luminous finish, so the bottle went on the shelf for a while. But I recently revisited this foundation and I am thrilled with it.

Unlike some other Maybelline foundations I've tried, I have a solid color match in Classic Ivory (Shade 2), a light, neutral, not-too-pink shade. I love the pump dispenser, which is lockable and also has a small cap, making this easy to travel with. As for coverage, I use 2 pumps for my entire face, which gives medium coverage and a satiny finish. I use a little mattifying powder on top and the coverage lasts throughout the day with little need for touch-ups. The overall look is surprisingly natural.

I have not had any adverse skin reactions to this product so far - no weird breakouts, dry patches, etc. The creamy, thick consistency is a little tricky to work with for someone like me who is used to primarily liquid foundations. I use my fingers to apply this foundation and it is quite easy to blend as long as I don't waste time about it. To clarify, it isn't like Revlon Colorstay, which you really have to be diligent about applying quickly and evenly, but it does seem to "set" soon after applying so it helps to pat it on in sections and blend from the inside out.

BAAAAAD news though, ladies! Maybelline customer service emailed me today to confirm that this foundation HAS been discontinued. For the benefit of others I've pasted the exact correspondence below:

"Thank you for asking us about Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation SPF 18. We are sorry to tell you that it was discontinued and that we do not have any available for you to purchase.

It was not easy for us to make the decision to discontinue Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation SPF 18. This was a wonderful product that we know some of our consumers will miss. Unfortunately, demand for Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation SPF 18 was not high enough for us to continue manufacturing it. As consumers ourselves, we understand how disappointing it can be when a favorite product or shade is no longer offered.

We do not currently have a replacement product to suggest to you, but our creative teams are hard at work coming up with new and exciting products. Please continue to visit www.maybelline.com to learn about our latest offerings. We hope that you will find a product to take the place of Instant Age Rewind Cream Foundation SPF 18 soon."

So..... get this while you still can. :(

on 10/27/2009 9:42:00 PM

i love this it gets rid of puffiness and makes my skin glow thanks to the caffeine in it. almost all foundations oxidize to an orange on me but the nude light 4 shade in all maybelline foundations usually does not. it's a bit light but nice for yellow or olive skinned girls i can always use some bronzer. i like this foundation a lot.

on 8/17/2009 12:29:00 PM

Nice coverage but it oxidizes to a kind of reddish colour on me. The packaging makes it kind of messy around the pump / cap.

on 8/13/2009 9:22:00 PM

I love this! I've tried Smashbox, MAC, Stila, Urban Decay.... All these high-end products and I just cant seem to get the results that I want from them and then I watched a YouTube guru's review about it. I figured it won't hurt to try it since its a very reasonable price. Wow! I'm so glad I tried it. This is espcially good for dry skin. It hides falky dry skin and makes it look healthy. It's also medium to full coverage. It's great at hiding redness and imperfections. It will give your skin a glow. I've been using this for 6 months now and I don't have as dry skin as I did before and a lot of people comment that my skin aslways seem like its glowing. My secret? INSTANT AGE REWIND CREAM FOUNDATION!

If you are hesitating to try this, just give it a try! You will not be disappointed...