Astral Cream

Astral Cream

4.7

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Paraffin, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Magnesium Sulfate, Parfum, Propylparaben, 2 Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another overhyped product. It's greasy, thick, smells very strong and works a lot like Nivea. Not impressed.

on 1/15/2017 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This cream is fantastic and so cheap, I've possibly used every cream there is to try and liked a lot of them and will probably purchase all of them again in time the thing about astral is it's a barrier cream and the main ingredients is lanolin, which science is saying is all you need in a cream, it's the moisture on your skin that's trapped beneath the "barrier" cream that keeps you looking younger for longer, you can buy any expensive creams you want but if you don't lock it in than its pretty pointless! It's all about keeping the moisture locked in with a good (astral of course) barrier cream!!

on 1/7/2017 4:49:00 AM

amazing product that costs almost nothing. I got my jar from amazon and it took about 2 to 3 weeks getting here. it is going to last me a long time considering how huge the jar is. yes it smells like Nivea but this is so creamy and melts in your skin. I use it as an intensive moisture treatment at night every other night . the fact that it is a little too greasy made me knock off a point but I don't really care much when I'm going to bed. the left over on my hand works great as a hand moisturizer as well. over all a multipurpose magic pot that can remove makeup, moisturize face and body and works almost as good as my la mer that cost me an arm and a leg, for fraction of a price! if u don't want it for ur face or doesn't work for you, it is still an amazing body moisturizer and a great hand and foot cream. trust me you will not regret this purchase!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I recently moved to a hot and humid climate and the in and out of AC has wreaked havoc on my 33 yr old breakout prone, sensitive, combination skin, as well as exacerbated the blotchy red KP on my arms. I have tried loads of moisturizers from luxury to drugstore and everything in between.
I recently received a deluxe sample size of the much coveted La Mer, almost dreading using it because I knew I'd likely love it. Well, of course I did even though it ended up breaking me out a tad. It was the only moisturizer that, before trying Astral, actually hydrated my skin sufficiently. I knew for a fact that buying La Mer is completely out of the question, so I did some research and found that the two creams that people find comparable are Nivea and Astral. Well, I know for a fact Nivea breaks me out something fierce, so I ordered a 500 ml tub of Astral on Amazon from the UK.
It took forever to receive it and my skin was looking pretty haggard while waiting for it.

The cream itself is incredibly thick, with an almost whipped like texture. Much thicker than La Mer, and admittedly, I was dubious about applying it to my face, especially considering I had a massive breakout coming to fruition. Well, I did it anyway and used a very small amount to start.
I couldn't believe how easy it was to apply, how non greasy it felt while I did, and how quickly my skin started to absorb it and drink it in.

I also applied it to my arms and hands, again not feeling like it was too greasy.

The fragrance is rather strong IMO, and smells very floral and old-lady like, yet it's still rather pleasant. I really thought I wouldn't be able to stand it, but in actuality it's really quite calming.

Upon waking, my skin was soft, supple, bright, and hydrated with no sign of breakouts or dry patches, and my bangs were not greasy looking. In fact, the breakout I was getting was half the size and the redness had completely vanished, as well as the two mosquito bites I had on my arm that were incredibly red and inflamed were almost completely non existent, and the blotchiness of my arms in general was less. I'm not exaggerating... it's like magic.

I'm incredibly impressed with Astral, and despite that it takes forever to receive in the US, its cheapie packaging, this stuff is worth the wait and worth a try.
I can't wait to continue using it and seeing what difference it makes in the long term. Astral just might be the best moisturizer I have ever used hands down.

Astral original cream- 5 stars!!!

I think this cream is a great muti purpose cream for dry elbows, hard skin on heels- within 2-3 days of twice daily application sorted those cracked heels out!! My friend who is nearing 50 swears by this stuff she has beautiful plumped skin and she also uses it everyday on her feet and reports she never has hard skin.

Feet- apply twice a day, at night apply thick layer and then socks. Make this everyday routine and never have hard skin and cracked heels again, you will not need to file your feet even!! Great for summer sandals make it a routine just like brushing your teeth.

Hands- apply as intensive hand cream with cotton gloves on top for chapped hands. Apply small amount during day to back of hands. Works best as intensive hand cream especially winter months!

Body- great for dry elbows, knees and legs post shaving only a small amount needed to keep skin hydrated! Great as an after sun product as hydrating but be careful if have burnt skin as this is scented. For sunburn you need pain relief and 100% aloe Vera gel!

Lips- apply twice a day after brushing teeth to lips to keep nice and soft!

Face- I have combination skin, it's a thick cream and rich. However, use a minute amount on my cheeks and I avoid T zone. It contains no sun protection factor so would need to add that on top. I apply under eyes too. It's worth just experimenting for your paticular skin type, but you really only need very small amount.
For hygiene purposes- use a cheap spatula, or old clean teaspoon. You do not want to be dipping your hands into this after putting onto your feet then onto your face. If you break out- remember this easy tip just buy a cheap spatula to dispense every single time!!!

Scent- smells fresh, not unpleasant or over powering, kind of like talc/granny smell!

Packaging- cheap as chips, but that doesn't matter as this works!! Don't forget to use a spatula to dispense for hygiene purposes.

Cost- bargain price! Currently half price for large tub in Boots the chemist at the moment so stock pile! £3:99!!!

Recommend- if it doesn't suit your face there are mutiple other uses, even if you used solely as a foot cream for cracked heels it would still be a bargain product.
This is a staple bathroom cabinet product, cheap, versatile and it works!! Cult celebrity following too!

on 7/9/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was excited to try this well-loved moisturizer and use it to replace my expensive facial moisturizer. But it was far too heavy for my skin and broke me out. So I tried it as a makeup remover. But it left a greasy film on my face I couldn't remove without soap and broke me out again. So why am I giving it five lippies? Because I've been using it before bed as a hand cream and it is the BEST hand cream I've ever used. I slather it on every night after my cuticle cream and my hands have never looked or felt better. And the scent! At first it smelled a little old lady-ish and perfumey to me and I couldn't figure out why I liked it anyway. Last night, I realized that the scent reminds me of soap. Like a big, creamy bar of expensive soap. It smells clean and comforting. I find the scent so relaxing. It feels indulgent and soothing to smooth it into my hands, turn off the light, and go to sleep. Using this cream on my hands has become my favorite nightly ritual. I bought an enormous tub of this on Amazon and it was less than $10. I will continue to buy this and use it nightly for as long as it's available. Love it!!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I was away from home and had forgotten my moisturiser (and MU remover) and remember seeing an article where someone had waxed lyrical about Astral and spotted this in a local Boots and, at the bargain basement price of £3.99 for a massive tub, I thought I'd give it a go. Bingo. What a diamond in the rough this stuff is. Looks a bit cheap and smells like granny cream (which actually I quite like given that I'm rapidly approaching granny age myself) but took off all my foundation and eye makeup (left me a little blurry of vision but I was off to bed anyway) and then I used it to moisturise and it sank in without trace (you don't need much for the moisturising part). Woke up feeling plump of skin and soft as a daisy. My skin, for reference, is a bit combo, not really spot prone but some redness. I will definitely buy again and am trying to track the lighter version down for Summer months.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very easy to apply since it is a very light cream. Fragrance is very fresh and gorgeous. This absorbed easily into my skin, didn't make me look or feel greasy, and gave me a dewey look. Great for any part of the body including hands, face, neck, decollette. Packaging is ok. Not the sexiest but I care more about the product :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this daily. Perfect for all types of skin! Interesting smell but I do actually like it. I recommend this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is fabulous! I struggle with eczema prone skin that also breaks out in my t-zone and this moisturiser soothes my dry blotchy patches and also doesn't break me out. I love how cheap the pots are (I use the original one not the light one) and it is so intensely moisturising! You can feel it cooling your skin off as well! The only gripe I have with this is that it comes in a pot, not very hygenic. However, you can always buy a small spatula to solve this issue! Love, love, love this and would recommend this to everyone with dry skin! You can also find this locally in boots or super drug (uk).