Astral Cream

Astral Cream

4.8

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Paraffin, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Magnesium Sulfate, Parfum, Propylparaben, 2 Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool

Astral original cream- 5 stars!!!

I think this cream is a great muti purpose cream for dry elbows, hard skin on heels- within 2-3 days of twice daily application sorted those cracked heels out!! My friend who is nearing 50 swears by this stuff she has beautiful plumped skin and she also uses it everyday on her feet and reports she never has hard skin.

Feet- apply twice a day, at night apply thick layer and then socks. Make this everyday routine and never have hard skin and cracked heels again, you will not need to file your feet even!! Great for summer sandals make it a routine just like brushing your teeth.

Hands- apply as intensive hand cream with cotton gloves on top for chapped hands. Apply small amount during day to back of hands. Works best as intensive hand cream especially winter months!

Body- great for dry elbows, knees and legs post shaving only a small amount needed to keep skin hydrated! Great as an after sun product as hydrating but be careful if have burnt skin as this is scented. For sunburn you need pain relief and 100% aloe Vera gel!

Lips- apply twice a day after brushing teeth to lips to keep nice and soft!

Face- I have combination skin, it's a thick cream and rich. However, use a minute amount on my cheeks and I avoid T zone. It contains no sun protection factor so would need to add that on top. I apply under eyes too. It's worth just experimenting for your paticular skin type, but you really only need very small amount.
For hygiene purposes- use a cheap spatula, or old clean teaspoon. You do not want to be dipping your hands into this after putting onto your feet then onto your face. If you break out- remember this easy tip just buy a cheap spatula to dispense every single time!!!

Scent- smells fresh, not unpleasant or over powering, kind of like talc/granny smell!

Packaging- cheap as chips, but that doesn't matter as this works!! Don't forget to use a spatula to dispense for hygiene purposes.

Cost- bargain price! Currently half price for large tub in Boots the chemist at the moment so stock pile! £3:99!!!

Recommend- if it doesn't suit your face there are mutiple other uses, even if you used solely as a foot cream for cracked heels it would still be a bargain product.
This is a staple bathroom cabinet product, cheap, versatile and it works!! Cult celebrity following too!

on 7/9/2016 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was excited to try this well-loved moisturizer and use it to replace my expensive facial moisturizer. But it was far too heavy for my skin and broke me out. So I tried it as a makeup remover. But it left a greasy film on my face I couldn't remove without soap and broke me out again. So why am I giving it five lippies? Because I've been using it before bed as a hand cream and it is the BEST hand cream I've ever used. I slather it on every night after my cuticle cream and my hands have never looked or felt better. And the scent! At first it smelled a little old lady-ish and perfumey to me and I couldn't figure out why I liked it anyway. Last night, I realized that the scent reminds me of soap. Like a big, creamy bar of expensive soap. It smells clean and comforting. I find the scent so relaxing. It feels indulgent and soothing to smooth it into my hands, turn off the light, and go to sleep. Using this cream on my hands has become my favorite nightly ritual. I bought an enormous tub of this on Amazon and it was less than $10. I will continue to buy this and use it nightly for as long as it's available. Love it!!

To Read all 49 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I was away from home and had forgotten my moisturiser (and MU remover) and remember seeing an article where someone had waxed lyrical about Astral and spotted this in a local Boots and, at the bargain basement price of £3.99 for a massive tub, I thought I'd give it a go. Bingo. What a diamond in the rough this stuff is. Looks a bit cheap and smells like granny cream (which actually I quite like given that I'm rapidly approaching granny age myself) but took off all my foundation and eye makeup (left me a little blurry of vision but I was off to bed anyway) and then I used it to moisturise and it sank in without trace (you don't need much for the moisturising part). Woke up feeling plump of skin and soft as a daisy. My skin, for reference, is a bit combo, not really spot prone but some redness. I will definitely buy again and am trying to track the lighter version down for Summer months.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very easy to apply since it is a very light cream. Fragrance is very fresh and gorgeous. This absorbed easily into my skin, didn't make me look or feel greasy, and gave me a dewey look. Great for any part of the body including hands, face, neck, decollette. Packaging is ok. Not the sexiest but I care more about the product :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I use this daily. Perfect for all types of skin! Interesting smell but I do actually like it. I recommend this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is fabulous! I struggle with eczema prone skin that also breaks out in my t-zone and this moisturiser soothes my dry blotchy patches and also doesn't break me out. I love how cheap the pots are (I use the original one not the light one) and it is so intensely moisturising! You can feel it cooling your skin off as well! The only gripe I have with this is that it comes in a pot, not very hygenic. However, you can always buy a small spatula to solve this issue! Love, love, love this and would recommend this to everyone with dry skin! You can also find this locally in boots or super drug (uk).

on 5/21/2016 9:29:00 PM

I don't review much so when I do, I feel strongly about a product. 2 thumbs up from someone who has the dryest skin ever. It is so rich and amazing. A little greasy but I like that. A little goes a long way and this is pretty cheap!
TRY IT!

on 4/22/2016 10:09:00 PM

This was my HG for so so long. Occasionally you have to branch out and start using something else and I happened to find better ;0

Very moisturizing and excellent in addition to aloe vera to take care of your skin if you get a nasty sun burn. Staying power is so so long but don't put too much on our you will get shiny :)

If celebrities who don't have an issue spending money on producs are using Astral Cream which is cheap, then you know it works.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

My mum swears by this cream and for years I would scoff at its cheap price tag and budget packaging. However one day I ran out of my camomile body shop makeup remover and my mum suggested I use this. Oh my god. I have never looked back! I rub it into my makeup before bed and it removes EVERYTHING including stubborn waterproof mascara. I then soak a cloth in hot water, wring it out and hold it in my face. I use the cloth to wipe off my makeup and my skin is fresh and clean and I've still got money left over to buy a posh lunch at work the next day! This is great as a moisturiser for face and body, a light layer left on for ten minutes before makeup leaves my makeup looking airbrushed all day. I never review things but I am utterly evangelical about this cream I love it!