4.7

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Paraffin, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Lanolin Alcohol, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Myristate, Magnesium Sulfate, Parfum, Propylparaben, 2 Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool

on 4/10/2019 2:05:00 AM

Every few years it seems I get nostalgic and buy products purely for their scent because it takes me back to a simpler time in my youth, Nivea cream, Johnsons baby lotion, Anne French etc. Astral fell into this category when I sniffed it and bought it a couple of weeks ago. A thick but easily spread cream I put it on one night as a one off thinking it would be too heavy for my combo, sensitive prone to breakouts face. Next morning, soft, clear skin, existing zits diminished and red calmed. My La Roche Posay, The Ordinary, Avene products have been ditched in favour of this which I now use as a day cream too. Brilliant stuff.

on 3/8/2019 11:36:00 AM

This cream is amazing, especially for the price. I've been using it for the past couple of days in an attempt to combat my ultra-dry combination skin that has been ravaged by the winter weather. I woke up with skin that was dewy, plump, and practically wrinkle-free.

on 10/10/2018 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

After reading yet another celebrity endorsement of this classic from the 1950s, and lots of other glowing reviews, I thought I'd splash out a whole £1.29 on a 50ml pot on Astral and see for myself. My skin has started to feel dry and dehydrated now the cooler weather has arrived and hasn't yet adapted to the products I already have, so a good enough reason to try it out.

I've used Astral for the last couple of nights and I really like it! It reminds me a little of Nivea, but has a softer texture that glides more easily over the skin, and has a lighter fragrance. I found it absorbs easily and then I've put on another layer an hour or so later. I did use it over Estee Lauder Night Repair serum as I would with any other night cream.

My skin's been very comfortable overnight and felt noticeably smooth, plump and moist in the morning, even after washing my face; for me, that's a sure sign of a really effective product.

Astral is a real little gem and I'll be making sure I keep this on hand. At this price it's seriously worth a try if you have dry skin and, like me, get through a lot of moisturiser in winter!

This broke me out. Too bad because I enjoyed the feel of it. I’m super sensitive though

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I understand why so many people love this cream. I live in Canada so had to order this through Amazon (and that's my sole complaint - it's not readily available where I live). Even though this feels rich and seems like it would be greasy and heavy, it's not. It's summer right now and I find I can use this as a night cream without feeling like a grease ball. And I'm pretty sure that this will be more than adequate come winter (probably with a face oil underneath). In many ways, this reminds me of my beloved German made Nivea (right down to the foil seal over the top) but it is much easy to apply and smooth into my skin. It's very nice on my legs too - really takes care of dry, flaky skin. The jar is large and the product itself economical. For me, because this doesn't contain SPF, this is pretty much a night cream but it is a lovely product for that purpose - effective, nice to use, pleasant fragrance and no ridiculous claims about "magical" ingredients ("exclusive anti-pollution formula") that promise nebulous results ("lengthwise and crosswise firmness"???)

UPDATE - Jan. 2019: As we were placing an order via Amazon, I got a larger sized tub of this cream so I can use it lavishly on my body, which is a really nice option now that winter has struck, with its accompanying dry indoor heat and bitter outdoor weather. This cream is so pleasant, effective and soothing. I really wish it was sold in stores here.

on 5/21/2018 1:46:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin on my face, which can become extremely dry and dull looking. Astral is one of the few moisturisers that doesn't cause any irritation and leaves my skin soft and literally glowing (to the point where I've stopped wearing foundation, as my skin is in such good condition since using it regularly for the last couple of weeks). It's also extremely good value for money-I paid £3.50 for 200ml!

on 7/5/2017 11:51:00 AM

I only recently discovered this cream but i've fallen in love with it. Astral is a thick, emollient moisturiser that I can use on my face, doesn't break me out or cause irritation, works incredibly well leaving my skin soft, really hydrated and its dirt cheap. Why spend 25 euro on a vichy moisturiser when this works twice as well and costs less than a fiver.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Another overhyped product. It's greasy, thick, smells very strong and works a lot like Nivea. Not impressed.

on 1/15/2017 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This cream is fantastic and so cheap, I've possibly used every cream there is to try and liked a lot of them and will probably purchase all of them again in time the thing about astral is it's a barrier cream and the main ingredients is lanolin, which science is saying is all you need in a cream, it's the moisture on your skin that's trapped beneath the "barrier" cream that keeps you looking younger for longer, you can buy any expensive creams you want but if you don't lock it in than its pretty pointless! It's all about keeping the moisture locked in with a good (astral of course) barrier cream!!

on 1/7/2017 4:49:00 AM

amazing product that costs almost nothing. I got my jar from amazon and it took about 2 to 3 weeks getting here. it is going to last me a long time considering how huge the jar is. yes it smells like Nivea but this is so creamy and melts in your skin. I use it as an intensive moisture treatment at night every other night . the fact that it is a little too greasy made me knock off a point but I don't really care much when I'm going to bed. the left over on my hand works great as a hand moisturizer as well. over all a multipurpose magic pot that can remove makeup, moisturize face and body and works almost as good as my la mer that cost me an arm and a leg, for fraction of a price! if u don't want it for ur face or doesn't work for you, it is still an amazing body moisturizer and a great hand and foot cream. trust me you will not regret this purchase!

Popular Lotions / Creams