MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
No Image

3.0

EDIT: 3/17/07 - I've swapped this one away. I think one is lovely for someone who doesn't have similar in their collection. Although may people don't like Tickles, I think this may be one of my favorites in the quad. Bravado is nice, but I couldn't wear this quad without bringing out the red in my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Initially, i didnt purchase either of the quads from the Untamed collection released August 2006. They seemed so similiar to other shades. Unfortunately, the collector in me broke down and i went back for them. The Take Wing quad has four new limited edition shades in it. After going through my collection, i found near identical replicas for each shade. Here's the list:

Restless (satin). my favorite shade of the quad and the hardest to match. Its a shimmery grey with a light purple hint to it. CLosest to Hard to Please from the Beau quad. (similiar on skin not in pot).

Take WIng (matte). Matte chocolate with an eggplant hint to it, but basically looks like dark brown. Looks just like studied brown from the color scheme 1 quad. they look different in the pan, but the same on the skin.

Tickles (lustre). Sparkly light pink. Glitter flies everywhere. Similiar to Summerweight lustre from the Tailormade cool eyes palette.

Bravado (veluxe pearl). Shimmery cranberry. looks magenta in pan but goes on warmer than it looks. Looks just like Mac Cranberry to me.

So there it is. All the colors have an almost identical shade somewhere in the MAC collection. The quad itself is pretty. Nice amount of pigment except for the Tickles. Retails for $35. MAC needs to make some NEW colors.