MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this quad mainly for Take Wing as I find myself reaching for this when looking for a neutral smokwy eye often using Restless in the crease. I wanted to love the highlight Bravado but it does nothing for me. It's chunky and all I get when I apply is chunks of sparkle on the brow, it's such a pretty frosty pink but I can't use it. The cranberry colour is lovely when used with Restless. Overall I am pleased with this quad but would replace the highlight with a frost or satin one.

on 11/30/2007 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

There isn't much that I can add that has not already been said. The colors are boring and the formulas make the shadows hard to blend when using a primer. I bought this quad because I thought it would give me a good raspberry/pink/brown smoky eye quad to have in my stash...but unfortunately I was unable to get the formulas of the shadows to work to the point of being able to make this happen. My favorite color in the quad is bravado, the raspberry shade, which is actually quite smooth...but every time I wear it my mom asks me "are you wearing that "wing" quad again? because you look like you've been punched in the eye." So, I stopped wearing the quad, because if my mother, who knows nothing about makeup can make a statement like that, well...then there is something wrong with the shadow.

on 1/31/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't one of MAC's better quads.The colors lack the originality I expect from MAC.3 out of the 4 colors are alright but nothing you have to rush out to get unless you collect.Colors include:Restless:a midtoned satin grey w/ a touch of some lavender(to my eye) undertones.Take Wing:deep,dark,chocolatey matte brown.this is the shade the MAC site had hyped as having blue pearl..it doesn't..I don't even get the plummy undertones that some of the other reviewers mention..Just straight,plain brown.Tickles:this shadow is horrible.First off it's a lustre(I hate glitter) so there's glitter everywhere..it appears to be a pale pink like Pink Freeze but when I applied it,it turned reddish on me.Finally Bravado:the star of the quad.VP formula so it's buttery smooth and pigmented.It appears to look identical to Cranberry till you apply it.On me, it's a slighty lighter more rosy tone where Cranberry is about a shade darker and more red tone.I'll probably end up depaletting Tickles and keeping the other 3 but I surely wouldn't repurchase

on 10/9/2006 5:26:00 PM

I bought this because i already owned the colors in the Well-plummed quad and these looked like colors I didn't have. Though it is a pretty quad, I can't say it's very unique, and can be duplicated.
Restless is my favorite color in the quad. I especially like it over Magrites paint. it is like a grey version of Patina to me.
Take Wing looks like Embark to me, a dark plum brown
Bravado is Cranberry IMO
Tickless is my least favorite (though looking at it I though I would like it most!) It's a Lustre which is hit or miss for me and unfortunately it was a miss. No pigmentation and TONS of glitter fall out. I would say that either pink freeze, sweet lust or phloof would be better choices..... same color family but with out the glitter (I use phloof with these colors). All in all a decent quad but I can't say it's my favorite.