MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

Despite the bad reviews, i bought this quad anyway, thinking it would be fine on me. It didn't happen for me at all. Two of the colours washed me out, Restless and Tickles. I can't do much with Bravado at all and the only colour i ever reach for its Take wing. Its a shame its in the reject pile but i can't help my colouring! For ref - nc15, hazel eyes, natually blonde (but dyed bright red)

on 1/19/2009 9:58:00 PM

The Take Wing quad is a nice arrangement of shadows. I really like it and use all four shadows to make a fun, smokey eye.

Restless is a low-shimmer grey with a slight purple cast. Take Wing is a matte dark brown, again with a slight plum cast. Tickles, a lustre formula, is a light, super-shimmery (distinct glitter particles show) pinkish-lavender. Bravado is a shimmery cranberry; it is very close to Cranberry but pinker and not quite as deep in color.

Here are my smokey eye directions: Put Restless on the outer 3/4 of lid and line outer 3/4 of lower lash line. Bravado goes on the inner part of the lids and inner part of the lower lash line. Be sure to blend well. Use a crease brush to work Take Wing into the crease; you can blend it onto the outer lid if you like. Use Restless to blend above Take Wing to "take the edge off" the matte deep shade. Use Tickles to highlight the brow bone and in inner corners of eyes. I really like the unexpectedness of Bravado on the lid. The end look is fun, but wearable and not over the top.

You can blend in some Bravado above the Take Wind, instead of Restless for a pinker look. I like using BB Black Plum gel liner with this quad and Guerlain's black kohl on the inner rims.

on 9/9/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree that this is a very versatile quad. Yes, there are probably other LE eye shadows that one could use as a substitute. But I'm rather new to MAC, so I don't have access to those previously released eye shadows and was thrilled to get a hold of this palette for that reason. I love the Bravado and Restless eye shadows in this quad, as I have no other colors that are like these two currently. Tickles is probably the only lustre formula eye shadow that I actually use, a lovely light pink color. I can see getting a lot of use out of this palette this fall and winter. So if you are new to MAC, this is an excellent palette to start off with.

on 9/2/2006 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow quad is part of the Untamed Collection released in August 2006.
The colors in this quad are as follows: Tickles, lightly silvered pink with pink pearl; Take Wing, rustic brown with blue pearl; Bravado, antiqued rose; and Restless, silver grey. I think I like this Take Wing quad even more than the Thunder Eyes quad from the Catherine Deneuve Collection! I can use all the colors in this quad at the same time on my eyes, they blend beautifully together, and they are not too bright or flashy for daytime. (Nor are they boring!) I am not a big fan of Lustre formulas, but Tickles is one of the prettiest, pink shadows I own right now! I try to steer clear of most pinks, becuz they tend to make me look tired, allergy-eyed, or as if I have been crying. But Tickles makes my eyes look young and alive! I don't even mind the little glitter particles in this becuz it really is not too over-the- top! Looks so pretty with Bravado and Restless together in the crease and outer third of the eye, and Take Wing as a liner. I traded in my Blue-Brown Pigment for this e/s quad, and I have NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased this one right from the start! Gorgeous collection of shadows! For reference, medium-dark brown/reddish hair, hazel (green) eyes, MAC NC25-30 (cool-toned).
continued >>