MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.0

on 1/19/2009 9:58:00 PM

The Take Wing quad is a nice arrangement of shadows. I really like it and use all four shadows to make a fun, smokey eye.

Restless is a low-shimmer grey with a slight purple cast. Take Wing is a matte dark brown, again with a slight plum cast. Tickles, a lustre formula, is a light, super-shimmery (distinct glitter particles show) pinkish-lavender. Bravado is a shimmery cranberry; it is very close to Cranberry but pinker and not quite as deep in color.

Here are my smokey eye directions: Put Restless on the outer 3/4 of lid and line outer 3/4 of lower lash line. Bravado goes on the inner part of the lids and inner part of the lower lash line. Be sure to blend well. Use a crease brush to work Take Wing into the crease; you can blend it onto the outer lid if you like. Use Restless to blend above Take Wing to "take the edge off" the matte deep shade. Use Tickles to highlight the brow bone and in inner corners of eyes. I really like the unexpectedness of Bravado on the lid. The end look is fun, but wearable and not over the top.

You can blend in some Bravado above the Take Wind, instead of Restless for a pinker look. I like using BB Black Plum gel liner with this quad and Guerlain's black kohl on the inner rims.

on 2/28/2008 2:36:00 PM

I won't repeat the descriptions given below as they're fairly accurate and just give my impressions of the quad. I've had it for a year now and every time I use Take Wing e/s (the brown one) I think, This would add a great brownish red to my look! Lo and behold, I end up with...GREY???? Since when does a brown with a reddish tint look grey?? It turns out almost like a darker, slightly redder version of French Grey whicm completely baffles me. I've had other shadows turn out slightly different on me because of my NC30 golden asian tones but going from brown to grey it a whole other story.

On the other hand, I love Restless and Bravado and have gotten compliments any time I use them. They are truly the saving grace of this quad. Tickles is redeemable only because it's better than it's Lingerie 2005 version (forgot the name), so I can forgive its being a lustre. It's actually not *too* bad to work with.

All in all, I would not repurchase this quad if it weren't LE. I'm sure there's a dupe for Restless and Bravado to replace them if I end up finishing them.

on 11/30/2007 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

There isn't much that I can add that has not already been said. The colors are boring and the formulas make the shadows hard to blend when using a primer. I bought this quad because I thought it would give me a good raspberry/pink/brown smoky eye quad to have in my stash...but unfortunately I was unable to get the formulas of the shadows to work to the point of being able to make this happen. My favorite color in the quad is bravado, the raspberry shade, which is actually quite smooth...but every time I wear it my mom asks me "are you wearing that "wing" quad again? because you look like you've been punched in the eye." So, I stopped wearing the quad, because if my mother, who knows nothing about makeup can make a statement like that, well...then there is something wrong with the shadow.