MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

2.7

I have quite a few quads and I really love having them in my collection, so I was very excited when I found out these were coming out. I went with this one cuz the two colours i liked from the other one are perminant anyways. I finally, after a week of 'should i just swap it...' busted it open and tested it out, and can i just say...im not impressed.

restless is a matte (well its a satan technically) medium hue grey, and my favourite e/s in the set. its a unique colour that i can see myself using a lot outside the quad, with greens, pinks, purples and maybe working it into my thunder quad.

take wing is a matte, rich espresso brown, that i am only daring enough to use as a liner, but could probablly be used as a great crease colour.

tickless...ohhh tickless... this is where it ends. it was probablly the colour that made me buy the quad in the first place. its a frosty light pink colour (lustre), the texture and the glitteryness is much like golden lemon when pressed. very flakey, like if you use the wrong brush it will crumble and half if it will flake out. it is a nice colour..in theory. it goes on very unpigmented, just like a bunch of frosty whiteish glitter, that comes off your eye in about ten minutes. basically the colour is useless to the quad.

bravado: a sheer raspberry, (velux pearl) goes on alright, smooth, not the nicest colour though. VERY replaceable, very blah. Not the most flattering, doesnt actually even look that good with the other colours. not impressed at all.

best look so far: restless on the lid, bravado in the crease, tickless as a hilighter (a horrible, non existant one because it does not show up!) and take wing as a liner. blah. this quad sucks, dont waist your money.

EDIT: 3/17/07 - I've swapped this one away. I think one is lovely for someone who doesn't have similar in their collection. Although may people don't like Tickles, I think this may be one of my favorites in the quad. Bravado is nice, but I couldn't wear this quad without bringing out the red in my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Initially, i didnt purchase either of the quads from the Untamed collection released August 2006. They seemed so similiar to other shades. Unfortunately, the collector in me broke down and i went back for them. The Take Wing quad has four new limited edition shades in it. After going through my collection, i found near identical replicas for each shade. Here's the list:

Restless (satin). my favorite shade of the quad and the hardest to match. Its a shimmery grey with a light purple hint to it. CLosest to Hard to Please from the Beau quad. (similiar on skin not in pot).

Take WIng (matte). Matte chocolate with an eggplant hint to it, but basically looks like dark brown. Looks just like studied brown from the color scheme 1 quad. they look different in the pan, but the same on the skin.

Tickles (lustre). Sparkly light pink. Glitter flies everywhere. Similiar to Summerweight lustre from the Tailormade cool eyes palette.

Bravado (veluxe pearl). Shimmery cranberry. looks magenta in pan but goes on warmer than it looks. Looks just like Mac Cranberry to me.

So there it is. All the colors have an almost identical shade somewhere in the MAC collection. The quad itself is pretty. Nice amount of pigment except for the Tickles. Retails for $35. MAC needs to make some NEW colors.