MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

on 1/19/2009 9:58:00 PM

The Take Wing quad is a nice arrangement of shadows. I really like it and use all four shadows to make a fun, smokey eye.

Restless is a low-shimmer grey with a slight purple cast. Take Wing is a matte dark brown, again with a slight plum cast. Tickles, a lustre formula, is a light, super-shimmery (distinct glitter particles show) pinkish-lavender. Bravado is a shimmery cranberry; it is very close to Cranberry but pinker and not quite as deep in color.

Here are my smokey eye directions: Put Restless on the outer 3/4 of lid and line outer 3/4 of lower lash line. Bravado goes on the inner part of the lids and inner part of the lower lash line. Be sure to blend well. Use a crease brush to work Take Wing into the crease; you can blend it onto the outer lid if you like. Use Restless to blend above Take Wing to "take the edge off" the matte deep shade. Use Tickles to highlight the brow bone and in inner corners of eyes. I really like the unexpectedness of Bravado on the lid. The end look is fun, but wearable and not over the top.

You can blend in some Bravado above the Take Wind, instead of Restless for a pinker look. I like using BB Black Plum gel liner with this quad and Guerlain's black kohl on the inner rims.

on 12/17/2008 6:32:00 PM

i actually quite liked this. i bought it of ebay and thought if i didnt like the colours i could depot them and put other mac eyeshadows in the quad. i used this today and it gave me a nice smokey eye effect. i use tickle as my base all over the lid and take wing for the crease,i was a abit iffy about the colours when i first saw it as i thought browns and pinks will make me look like i have a bruised eye but it actually didnt. i havent used bravo yet but will try it out soon. i like this more then i thought.

on 2/28/2008 2:36:00 PM

I won't repeat the descriptions given below as they're fairly accurate and just give my impressions of the quad. I've had it for a year now and every time I use Take Wing e/s (the brown one) I think, This would add a great brownish red to my look! Lo and behold, I end up with...GREY???? Since when does a brown with a reddish tint look grey?? It turns out almost like a darker, slightly redder version of French Grey whicm completely baffles me. I've had other shadows turn out slightly different on me because of my NC30 golden asian tones but going from brown to grey it a whole other story.

On the other hand, I love Restless and Bravado and have gotten compliments any time I use them. They are truly the saving grace of this quad. Tickles is redeemable only because it's better than it's Lingerie 2005 version (forgot the name), so I can forgive its being a lustre. It's actually not *too* bad to work with.

All in all, I would not repurchase this quad if it weren't LE. I'm sure there's a dupe for Restless and Bravado to replace them if I end up finishing them.

on 9/2/2006 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow quad is part of the Untamed Collection released in August 2006.
The colors in this quad are as follows: Tickles, lightly silvered pink with pink pearl; Take Wing, rustic brown with blue pearl; Bravado, antiqued rose; and Restless, silver grey. I think I like this Take Wing quad even more than the Thunder Eyes quad from the Catherine Deneuve Collection! I can use all the colors in this quad at the same time on my eyes, they blend beautifully together, and they are not too bright or flashy for daytime. (Nor are they boring!) I am not a big fan of Lustre formulas, but Tickles is one of the prettiest, pink shadows I own right now! I try to steer clear of most pinks, becuz they tend to make me look tired, allergy-eyed, or as if I have been crying. But Tickles makes my eyes look young and alive! I don't even mind the little glitter particles in this becuz it really is not too over-the- top! Looks so pretty with Bravado and Restless together in the crease and outer third of the eye, and Take Wing as a liner. I traded in my Blue-Brown Pigment for this e/s quad, and I have NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased this one right from the start! Gorgeous collection of shadows! For reference, medium-dark brown/reddish hair, hazel (green) eyes, MAC NC25-30 (cool-toned).
continued >>