MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

on 2/7/2007 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I read reviews of this quad below and Iím struck by how the descriptions of Take Wing and Bravado are completely different on my dark NC45-50 skintone. Take Wing looks exactly like Embark in the pan (I was disappointed initially because I already have Embark) but on my skin itís a rich bluish purple. I guess the brown pigment disappears into my skin and Iím left with the purple. No complaints here because it looks perfect with Restless, which is a soft dove grey colour.

Alternatively I use Restless in inner corner, Bravado (plummy fuscia pink with gorgeous shimmer and depth) on outer corner, with Take Wing to line. I'm not finding much use for Tickles except for inner corners. Overall, this quad has beautiful wearable colours (except Tickles) which are nicely pigmented and unique. I'm really glad I bought this! continued >>

on 9/8/2006 3:40:00 PM

I really like this quad. I have brown eyes and light blonde hair and medium, tanned skin. The first night I had this I had a great time playing with all the colors and doing really funky things with them. Unfortunately, I am a 33yr old mommy and am a professional in a conservative business, so I have learned to tone this down for normal, daily use. But that is a great thing about most MAC shadows, is that you can control how glammed up you get by how much you apply and how you blend it, etc.
All four colors really look great together. No matter what combination of colors I am wearing, they have all looked great. The other two reviews do a good job of describing the colors in this pallette...except that I think the "Tickles" color is more of a lavender than a pink.
One of the things I discovered that night I was playing with all these colors was that when you first boldly apply the Bravado or Take Wing colors, and then apply the Tickles color right on top of it, it gives the colors a whole new sheen and tone that looks really pretty.
I would definately recommend this pallette, at least for people with brown eyes.