MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this quad mainly for Take Wing as I find myself reaching for this when looking for a neutral smokwy eye often using Restless in the crease. I wanted to love the highlight Bravado but it does nothing for me. It's chunky and all I get when I apply is chunks of sparkle on the brow, it's such a pretty frosty pink but I can't use it. The cranberry colour is lovely when used with Restless. Overall I am pleased with this quad but would replace the highlight with a frost or satin one.

on 1/31/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't one of MAC's better quads.The colors lack the originality I expect from MAC.3 out of the 4 colors are alright but nothing you have to rush out to get unless you collect.Colors include:Restless:a midtoned satin grey w/ a touch of some lavender(to my eye) undertones.Take Wing:deep,dark,chocolatey matte brown.this is the shade the MAC site had hyped as having blue pearl..it doesn't..I don't even get the plummy undertones that some of the other reviewers mention..Just straight,plain brown.Tickles:this shadow is horrible.First off it's a lustre(I hate glitter) so there's glitter everywhere..it appears to be a pale pink like Pink Freeze but when I applied it,it turned reddish on me.Finally Bravado:the star of the quad.VP formula so it's buttery smooth and pigmented.It appears to look identical to Cranberry till you apply it.On me, it's a slighty lighter more rosy tone where Cranberry is about a shade darker and more red tone.I'll probably end up depaletting Tickles and keeping the other 3 but I surely wouldn't repurchase

on 9/9/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree that this is a very versatile quad. Yes, there are probably other LE eye shadows that one could use as a substitute. But I'm rather new to MAC, so I don't have access to those previously released eye shadows and was thrilled to get a hold of this palette for that reason. I love the Bravado and Restless eye shadows in this quad, as I have no other colors that are like these two currently. Tickles is probably the only lustre formula eye shadow that I actually use, a lovely light pink color. I can see getting a lot of use out of this palette this fall and winter. So if you are new to MAC, this is an excellent palette to start off with.