MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this quad mainly for Take Wing as I find myself reaching for this when looking for a neutral smokwy eye often using Restless in the crease. I wanted to love the highlight Bravado but it does nothing for me. It's chunky and all I get when I apply is chunks of sparkle on the brow, it's such a pretty frosty pink but I can't use it. The cranberry colour is lovely when used with Restless. Overall I am pleased with this quad but would replace the highlight with a frost or satin one.

on 4/23/2009 9:28:00 PM

When I saw the low ratings for this quad, I just had to write my review. I love these colors! I bought it at my CCO and had to go get a backup because I loved it so much. It creates such an effortlessly beautiful smoky eye. It's easy to apply and stays on. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Every time I wear this, I can't help but think my eye makeup looks great that day. For reference, I am a natural blonde with a fair ivory complexion with cool undertones and blue eyes.

on 8/16/2008 3:43:00 PM

There are so many negative reviews about this product. Unfortunately, I have to agree on some points.

The good: I LOVED the burgundy color, Bravado. Honestly, I tohught that color would be my least favorite because burgundies/cranberries/reds do NOT look good on me. But this one, I just loved. I do love shimmer, so the Tickles color worked well for me. A little messy, so I would just do my eyes before the rest of my face.

The bad: The brown, Take Wing, is so incredibly hard to blend. Its matte, which I typically do not like. The only way I can get this to work is lots of blending, and then paired with another shade with some pearl or shimmer.

I don't have a strong opinion on Restless either way. Its a grayish neutral on me. I like it, but not enough to want to buy it again.

I would not repurchase this palette because I just don't love enough of the colors. If I could, I would only buy Bravado.

on 11/30/2007 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

There isn't much that I can add that has not already been said. The colors are boring and the formulas make the shadows hard to blend when using a primer. I bought this quad because I thought it would give me a good raspberry/pink/brown smoky eye quad to have in my stash...but unfortunately I was unable to get the formulas of the shadows to work to the point of being able to make this happen. My favorite color in the quad is bravado, the raspberry shade, which is actually quite smooth...but every time I wear it my mom asks me "are you wearing that "wing" quad again? because you look like you've been punched in the eye." So, I stopped wearing the quad, because if my mother, who knows nothing about makeup can make a statement like that, well...then there is something wrong with the shadow.

on 1/31/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't one of MAC's better quads.The colors lack the originality I expect from MAC.3 out of the 4 colors are alright but nothing you have to rush out to get unless you collect.Colors include:Restless:a midtoned satin grey w/ a touch of some lavender(to my eye) undertones.Take Wing:deep,dark,chocolatey matte brown.this is the shade the MAC site had hyped as having blue pearl..it doesn't..I don't even get the plummy undertones that some of the other reviewers mention..Just straight,plain brown.Tickles:this shadow is horrible.First off it's a lustre(I hate glitter) so there's glitter everywhere..it appears to be a pale pink like Pink Freeze but when I applied it,it turned reddish on me.Finally Bravado:the star of the quad.VP formula so it's buttery smooth and pigmented.It appears to look identical to Cranberry till you apply it.On me, it's a slighty lighter more rosy tone where Cranberry is about a shade darker and more red tone.I'll probably end up depaletting Tickles and keeping the other 3 but I surely wouldn't repurchase

on 9/9/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree that this is a very versatile quad. Yes, there are probably other LE eye shadows that one could use as a substitute. But I'm rather new to MAC, so I don't have access to those previously released eye shadows and was thrilled to get a hold of this palette for that reason. I love the Bravado and Restless eye shadows in this quad, as I have no other colors that are like these two currently. Tickles is probably the only lustre formula eye shadow that I actually use, a lovely light pink color. I can see getting a lot of use out of this palette this fall and winter. So if you are new to MAC, this is an excellent palette to start off with.