MAC Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.5

Found this at a CCO and figured it would ad some diversity to my collection considering I didn't have a lot of pink colors. All the colors are nice and fun to use, the light pink is a little to glitter and chunky but it still can be used. Overall I would so get this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this quad mainly for Take Wing as I find myself reaching for this when looking for a neutral smokwy eye often using Restless in the crease. I wanted to love the highlight Bravado but it does nothing for me. It's chunky and all I get when I apply is chunks of sparkle on the brow, it's such a pretty frosty pink but I can't use it. The cranberry colour is lovely when used with Restless. Overall I am pleased with this quad but would replace the highlight with a frost or satin one.

on 4/23/2009 9:28:00 PM

When I saw the low ratings for this quad, I just had to write my review. I love these colors! I bought it at my CCO and had to go get a backup because I loved it so much. It creates such an effortlessly beautiful smoky eye. It's easy to apply and stays on. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Every time I wear this, I can't help but think my eye makeup looks great that day. For reference, I am a natural blonde with a fair ivory complexion with cool undertones and blue eyes.

Despite the bad reviews, i bought this quad anyway, thinking it would be fine on me. It didn't happen for me at all. Two of the colours washed me out, Restless and Tickles. I can't do much with Bravado at all and the only colour i ever reach for its Take wing. Its a shame its in the reject pile but i can't help my colouring! For ref - nc15, hazel eyes, natually blonde (but dyed bright red)

on 1/19/2009 9:58:00 PM

The Take Wing quad is a nice arrangement of shadows. I really like it and use all four shadows to make a fun, smokey eye.

Restless is a low-shimmer grey with a slight purple cast. Take Wing is a matte dark brown, again with a slight plum cast. Tickles, a lustre formula, is a light, super-shimmery (distinct glitter particles show) pinkish-lavender. Bravado is a shimmery cranberry; it is very close to Cranberry but pinker and not quite as deep in color.

Here are my smokey eye directions: Put Restless on the outer 3/4 of lid and line outer 3/4 of lower lash line. Bravado goes on the inner part of the lids and inner part of the lower lash line. Be sure to blend well. Use a crease brush to work Take Wing into the crease; you can blend it onto the outer lid if you like. Use Restless to blend above Take Wing to "take the edge off" the matte deep shade. Use Tickles to highlight the brow bone and in inner corners of eyes. I really like the unexpectedness of Bravado on the lid. The end look is fun, but wearable and not over the top.

You can blend in some Bravado above the Take Wind, instead of Restless for a pinker look. I like using BB Black Plum gel liner with this quad and Guerlain's black kohl on the inner rims.

on 12/17/2008 6:32:00 PM

i actually quite liked this. i bought it of ebay and thought if i didnt like the colours i could depot them and put other mac eyeshadows in the quad. i used this today and it gave me a nice smokey eye effect. i use tickle as my base all over the lid and take wing for the crease,i was a abit iffy about the colours when i first saw it as i thought browns and pinks will make me look like i have a bruised eye but it actually didnt. i havent used bravo yet but will try it out soon. i like this more then i thought.

on 8/16/2008 3:43:00 PM

There are so many negative reviews about this product. Unfortunately, I have to agree on some points.

The good: I LOVED the burgundy color, Bravado. Honestly, I tohught that color would be my least favorite because burgundies/cranberries/reds do NOT look good on me. But this one, I just loved. I do love shimmer, so the Tickles color worked well for me. A little messy, so I would just do my eyes before the rest of my face.

The bad: The brown, Take Wing, is so incredibly hard to blend. Its matte, which I typically do not like. The only way I can get this to work is lots of blending, and then paired with another shade with some pearl or shimmer.

I don't have a strong opinion on Restless either way. Its a grayish neutral on me. I like it, but not enough to want to buy it again.

I would not repurchase this palette because I just don't love enough of the colors. If I could, I would only buy Bravado.

on 2/28/2008 2:36:00 PM

I won't repeat the descriptions given below as they're fairly accurate and just give my impressions of the quad. I've had it for a year now and every time I use Take Wing e/s (the brown one) I think, This would add a great brownish red to my look! Lo and behold, I end up with...GREY???? Since when does a brown with a reddish tint look grey?? It turns out almost like a darker, slightly redder version of French Grey whicm completely baffles me. I've had other shadows turn out slightly different on me because of my NC30 golden asian tones but going from brown to grey it a whole other story.

On the other hand, I love Restless and Bravado and have gotten compliments any time I use them. They are truly the saving grace of this quad. Tickles is redeemable only because it's better than it's Lingerie 2005 version (forgot the name), so I can forgive its being a lustre. It's actually not *too* bad to work with.

All in all, I would not repurchase this quad if it weren't LE. I'm sure there's a dupe for Restless and Bravado to replace them if I end up finishing them.

on 11/30/2007 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

There isn't much that I can add that has not already been said. The colors are boring and the formulas make the shadows hard to blend when using a primer. I bought this quad because I thought it would give me a good raspberry/pink/brown smoky eye quad to have in my stash...but unfortunately I was unable to get the formulas of the shadows to work to the point of being able to make this happen. My favorite color in the quad is bravado, the raspberry shade, which is actually quite smooth...but every time I wear it my mom asks me "are you wearing that "wing" quad again? because you look like you've been punched in the eye." So, I stopped wearing the quad, because if my mother, who knows nothing about makeup can make a statement like that, well...then there is something wrong with the shadow.

on 2/27/2007 10:54:00 AM

I love the concept of this quad (i.e. the combination of colors) but not the execution. This quad has 2 major flaws in my opinion and they are: 1. Take Wing. This shades is boring, matte, and impossible to blend, especially if you're using a strong base like UDPP. I hate Mac's matte formula. This shade should've been a Satin if you ask me. 2. Tickles. It's a Lustre. Do I even need to explain? Worthless. This shade should've been a frost, or even better, a Veluxe Pearl. It's really quite a shame because I love Restless and Bravado--and i love the look I get with this quad when I substitute Take Wing and Tickles for similar shades of better quality. I have to say I feel kind of ripped off by Mac for making a quad with 50% crappy formulated shades when clearly, they have better to offer.