MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.5

on 4/23/2009 9:28:00 PM

When I saw the low ratings for this quad, I just had to write my review. I love these colors! I bought it at my CCO and had to go get a backup because I loved it so much. It creates such an effortlessly beautiful smoky eye. It's easy to apply and stays on. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Every time I wear this, I can't help but think my eye makeup looks great that day. For reference, I am a natural blonde with a fair ivory complexion with cool undertones and blue eyes.

on 9/9/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree that this is a very versatile quad. Yes, there are probably other LE eye shadows that one could use as a substitute. But I'm rather new to MAC, so I don't have access to those previously released eye shadows and was thrilled to get a hold of this palette for that reason. I love the Bravado and Restless eye shadows in this quad, as I have no other colors that are like these two currently. Tickles is probably the only lustre formula eye shadow that I actually use, a lovely light pink color. I can see getting a lot of use out of this palette this fall and winter. So if you are new to MAC, this is an excellent palette to start off with.

on 9/2/2006 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow quad is part of the Untamed Collection released in August 2006.
The colors in this quad are as follows: Tickles, lightly silvered pink with pink pearl; Take Wing, rustic brown with blue pearl; Bravado, antiqued rose; and Restless, silver grey. I think I like this Take Wing quad even more than the Thunder Eyes quad from the Catherine Deneuve Collection! I can use all the colors in this quad at the same time on my eyes, they blend beautifully together, and they are not too bright or flashy for daytime. (Nor are they boring!) I am not a big fan of Lustre formulas, but Tickles is one of the prettiest, pink shadows I own right now! I try to steer clear of most pinks, becuz they tend to make me look tired, allergy-eyed, or as if I have been crying. But Tickles makes my eyes look young and alive! I don't even mind the little glitter particles in this becuz it really is not too over-the- top! Looks so pretty with Bravado and Restless together in the crease and outer third of the eye, and Take Wing as a liner. I traded in my Blue-Brown Pigment for this e/s quad, and I have NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased this one right from the start! Gorgeous collection of shadows! For reference, medium-dark brown/reddish hair, hazel (green) eyes, MAC NC25-30 (cool-toned).
continued >>

Found this at a CCO and figured it would ad some diversity to my collection considering I didn't have a lot of pink colors. All the colors are nice and fun to use, the light pink is a little to glitter and chunky but it still can be used. Overall I would so get this again.

on 1/19/2009 9:58:00 PM

The Take Wing quad is a nice arrangement of shadows. I really like it and use all four shadows to make a fun, smokey eye.

Restless is a low-shimmer grey with a slight purple cast. Take Wing is a matte dark brown, again with a slight plum cast. Tickles, a lustre formula, is a light, super-shimmery (distinct glitter particles show) pinkish-lavender. Bravado is a shimmery cranberry; it is very close to Cranberry but pinker and not quite as deep in color.

Here are my smokey eye directions: Put Restless on the outer 3/4 of lid and line outer 3/4 of lower lash line. Bravado goes on the inner part of the lids and inner part of the lower lash line. Be sure to blend well. Use a crease brush to work Take Wing into the crease; you can blend it onto the outer lid if you like. Use Restless to blend above Take Wing to "take the edge off" the matte deep shade. Use Tickles to highlight the brow bone and in inner corners of eyes. I really like the unexpectedness of Bravado on the lid. The end look is fun, but wearable and not over the top.

You can blend in some Bravado above the Take Wind, instead of Restless for a pinker look. I like using BB Black Plum gel liner with this quad and Guerlain's black kohl on the inner rims.

on 12/17/2008 6:32:00 PM

i actually quite liked this. i bought it of ebay and thought if i didnt like the colours i could depot them and put other mac eyeshadows in the quad. i used this today and it gave me a nice smokey eye effect. i use tickle as my base all over the lid and take wing for the crease,i was a abit iffy about the colours when i first saw it as i thought browns and pinks will make me look like i have a bruised eye but it actually didnt. i havent used bravo yet but will try it out soon. i like this more then i thought.

on 8/16/2008 3:43:00 PM

There are so many negative reviews about this product. Unfortunately, I have to agree on some points.

The good: I LOVED the burgundy color, Bravado. Honestly, I tohught that color would be my least favorite because burgundies/cranberries/reds do NOT look good on me. But this one, I just loved. I do love shimmer, so the Tickles color worked well for me. A little messy, so I would just do my eyes before the rest of my face.

The bad: The brown, Take Wing, is so incredibly hard to blend. Its matte, which I typically do not like. The only way I can get this to work is lots of blending, and then paired with another shade with some pearl or shimmer.

I don't have a strong opinion on Restless either way. Its a grayish neutral on me. I like it, but not enough to want to buy it again.

I would not repurchase this palette because I just don't love enough of the colors. If I could, I would only buy Bravado.

on 2/7/2007 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I read reviews of this quad below and Iím struck by how the descriptions of Take Wing and Bravado are completely different on my dark NC45-50 skintone. Take Wing looks exactly like Embark in the pan (I was disappointed initially because I already have Embark) but on my skin itís a rich bluish purple. I guess the brown pigment disappears into my skin and Iím left with the purple. No complaints here because it looks perfect with Restless, which is a soft dove grey colour.

Alternatively I use Restless in inner corner, Bravado (plummy fuscia pink with gorgeous shimmer and depth) on outer corner, with Take Wing to line. I'm not finding much use for Tickles except for inner corners. Overall, this quad has beautiful wearable colours (except Tickles) which are nicely pigmented and unique. I'm really glad I bought this! continued >>

on 10/9/2006 5:26:00 PM

I bought this because i already owned the colors in the Well-plummed quad and these looked like colors I didn't have. Though it is a pretty quad, I can't say it's very unique, and can be duplicated.
Restless is my favorite color in the quad. I especially like it over Magrites paint. it is like a grey version of Patina to me.
Take Wing looks like Embark to me, a dark plum brown
Bravado is Cranberry IMO
Tickless is my least favorite (though looking at it I though I would like it most!) It's a Lustre which is hit or miss for me and unfortunately it was a miss. No pigmentation and TONS of glitter fall out. I would say that either pink freeze, sweet lust or phloof would be better choices..... same color family but with out the glitter (I use phloof with these colors). All in all a decent quad but I can't say it's my favorite.

on 9/8/2006 3:40:00 PM

I really like this quad. I have brown eyes and light blonde hair and medium, tanned skin. The first night I had this I had a great time playing with all the colors and doing really funky things with them. Unfortunately, I am a 33yr old mommy and am a professional in a conservative business, so I have learned to tone this down for normal, daily use. But that is a great thing about most MAC shadows, is that you can control how glammed up you get by how much you apply and how you blend it, etc.
All four colors really look great together. No matter what combination of colors I am wearing, they have all looked great. The other two reviews do a good job of describing the colors in this pallette...except that I think the "Tickles" color is more of a lavender than a pink.
One of the things I discovered that night I was playing with all these colors was that when you first boldly apply the Bravado or Take Wing colors, and then apply the Tickles color right on top of it, it gives the colors a whole new sheen and tone that looks really pretty.
I would definately recommend this pallette, at least for people with brown eyes.