MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.5

on 1/19/2009 9:58:00 PM

The Take Wing quad is a nice arrangement of shadows. I really like it and use all four shadows to make a fun, smokey eye.

Restless is a low-shimmer grey with a slight purple cast. Take Wing is a matte dark brown, again with a slight plum cast. Tickles, a lustre formula, is a light, super-shimmery (distinct glitter particles show) pinkish-lavender. Bravado is a shimmery cranberry; it is very close to Cranberry but pinker and not quite as deep in color.

Here are my smokey eye directions: Put Restless on the outer 3/4 of lid and line outer 3/4 of lower lash line. Bravado goes on the inner part of the lids and inner part of the lower lash line. Be sure to blend well. Use a crease brush to work Take Wing into the crease; you can blend it onto the outer lid if you like. Use Restless to blend above Take Wing to "take the edge off" the matte deep shade. Use Tickles to highlight the brow bone and in inner corners of eyes. I really like the unexpectedness of Bravado on the lid. The end look is fun, but wearable and not over the top.

You can blend in some Bravado above the Take Wind, instead of Restless for a pinker look. I like using BB Black Plum gel liner with this quad and Guerlain's black kohl on the inner rims.

on 9/2/2006 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeshadow quad is part of the Untamed Collection released in August 2006.
The colors in this quad are as follows: Tickles, lightly silvered pink with pink pearl; Take Wing, rustic brown with blue pearl; Bravado, antiqued rose; and Restless, silver grey. I think I like this Take Wing quad even more than the Thunder Eyes quad from the Catherine Deneuve Collection! I can use all the colors in this quad at the same time on my eyes, they blend beautifully together, and they are not too bright or flashy for daytime. (Nor are they boring!) I am not a big fan of Lustre formulas, but Tickles is one of the prettiest, pink shadows I own right now! I try to steer clear of most pinks, becuz they tend to make me look tired, allergy-eyed, or as if I have been crying. But Tickles makes my eyes look young and alive! I don't even mind the little glitter particles in this becuz it really is not too over-the- top! Looks so pretty with Bravado and Restless together in the crease and outer third of the eye, and Take Wing as a liner. I traded in my Blue-Brown Pigment for this e/s quad, and I have NO regrets. I wish I had just purchased this one right from the start! Gorgeous collection of shadows! For reference, medium-dark brown/reddish hair, hazel (green) eyes, MAC NC25-30 (cool-toned).
continued >>

on 9/8/2006 3:40:00 PM

I really like this quad. I have brown eyes and light blonde hair and medium, tanned skin. The first night I had this I had a great time playing with all the colors and doing really funky things with them. Unfortunately, I am a 33yr old mommy and am a professional in a conservative business, so I have learned to tone this down for normal, daily use. But that is a great thing about most MAC shadows, is that you can control how glammed up you get by how much you apply and how you blend it, etc.
All four colors really look great together. No matter what combination of colors I am wearing, they have all looked great. The other two reviews do a good job of describing the colors in this pallette...except that I think the "Tickles" color is more of a lavender than a pink.
One of the things I discovered that night I was playing with all these colors was that when you first boldly apply the Bravado or Take Wing colors, and then apply the Tickles color right on top of it, it gives the colors a whole new sheen and tone that looks really pretty.
I would definately recommend this pallette, at least for people with brown eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Initially, i didnt purchase either of the quads from the Untamed collection released August 2006. They seemed so similiar to other shades. Unfortunately, the collector in me broke down and i went back for them. The Take Wing quad has four new limited edition shades in it. After going through my collection, i found near identical replicas for each shade. Here's the list:

Restless (satin). my favorite shade of the quad and the hardest to match. Its a shimmery grey with a light purple hint to it. CLosest to Hard to Please from the Beau quad. (similiar on skin not in pot).

Take WIng (matte). Matte chocolate with an eggplant hint to it, but basically looks like dark brown. Looks just like studied brown from the color scheme 1 quad. they look different in the pan, but the same on the skin.

Tickles (lustre). Sparkly light pink. Glitter flies everywhere. Similiar to Summerweight lustre from the Tailormade cool eyes palette.

Bravado (veluxe pearl). Shimmery cranberry. looks magenta in pan but goes on warmer than it looks. Looks just like Mac Cranberry to me.

So there it is. All the colors have an almost identical shade somewhere in the MAC collection. The quad itself is pretty. Nice amount of pigment except for the Tickles. Retails for $35. MAC needs to make some NEW colors.

on 2/7/2007 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I read reviews of this quad below and Iím struck by how the descriptions of Take Wing and Bravado are completely different on my dark NC45-50 skintone. Take Wing looks exactly like Embark in the pan (I was disappointed initially because I already have Embark) but on my skin itís a rich bluish purple. I guess the brown pigment disappears into my skin and Iím left with the purple. No complaints here because it looks perfect with Restless, which is a soft dove grey colour.

Alternatively I use Restless in inner corner, Bravado (plummy fuscia pink with gorgeous shimmer and depth) on outer corner, with Take Wing to line. I'm not finding much use for Tickles except for inner corners. Overall, this quad has beautiful wearable colours (except Tickles) which are nicely pigmented and unique. I'm really glad I bought this! continued >>

on 1/31/2007 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This isn't one of MAC's better quads.The colors lack the originality I expect from MAC.3 out of the 4 colors are alright but nothing you have to rush out to get unless you collect.Colors include:Restless:a midtoned satin grey w/ a touch of some lavender(to my eye) undertones.Take Wing:deep,dark,chocolatey matte brown.this is the shade the MAC site had hyped as having blue pearl..it doesn't..I don't even get the plummy undertones that some of the other reviewers mention..Just straight,plain brown.Tickles:this shadow is horrible.First off it's a lustre(I hate glitter) so there's glitter everywhere..it appears to be a pale pink like Pink Freeze but when I applied it,it turned reddish on me.Finally Bravado:the star of the quad.VP formula so it's buttery smooth and pigmented.It appears to look identical to Cranberry till you apply it.On me, it's a slighty lighter more rosy tone where Cranberry is about a shade darker and more red tone.I'll probably end up depaletting Tickles and keeping the other 3 but I surely wouldn't repurchase

on 9/9/2006 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree that this is a very versatile quad. Yes, there are probably other LE eye shadows that one could use as a substitute. But I'm rather new to MAC, so I don't have access to those previously released eye shadows and was thrilled to get a hold of this palette for that reason. I love the Bravado and Restless eye shadows in this quad, as I have no other colors that are like these two currently. Tickles is probably the only lustre formula eye shadow that I actually use, a lovely light pink color. I can see getting a lot of use out of this palette this fall and winter. So if you are new to MAC, this is an excellent palette to start off with.

Found this at a CCO and figured it would ad some diversity to my collection considering I didn't have a lot of pink colors. All the colors are nice and fun to use, the light pink is a little to glitter and chunky but it still can be used. Overall I would so get this again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this quad mainly for Take Wing as I find myself reaching for this when looking for a neutral smokwy eye often using Restless in the crease. I wanted to love the highlight Bravado but it does nothing for me. It's chunky and all I get when I apply is chunks of sparkle on the brow, it's such a pretty frosty pink but I can't use it. The cranberry colour is lovely when used with Restless. Overall I am pleased with this quad but would replace the highlight with a frost or satin one.

on 4/23/2009 9:28:00 PM

When I saw the low ratings for this quad, I just had to write my review. I love these colors! I bought it at my CCO and had to go get a backup because I loved it so much. It creates such an effortlessly beautiful smoky eye. It's easy to apply and stays on. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion. Every time I wear this, I can't help but think my eye makeup looks great that day. For reference, I am a natural blonde with a fair ivory complexion with cool undertones and blue eyes.