MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.0

Despite the bad reviews, i bought this quad anyway, thinking it would be fine on me. It didn't happen for me at all. Two of the colours washed me out, Restless and Tickles. I can't do much with Bravado at all and the only colour i ever reach for its Take wing. Its a shame its in the reject pile but i can't help my colouring! For ref - nc15, hazel eyes, natually blonde (but dyed bright red)

on 12/17/2008 6:32:00 PM

i actually quite liked this. i bought it of ebay and thought if i didnt like the colours i could depot them and put other mac eyeshadows in the quad. i used this today and it gave me a nice smokey eye effect. i use tickle as my base all over the lid and take wing for the crease,i was a abit iffy about the colours when i first saw it as i thought browns and pinks will make me look like i have a bruised eye but it actually didnt. i havent used bravo yet but will try it out soon. i like this more then i thought.

on 8/16/2008 3:43:00 PM

There are so many negative reviews about this product. Unfortunately, I have to agree on some points.

The good: I LOVED the burgundy color, Bravado. Honestly, I tohught that color would be my least favorite because burgundies/cranberries/reds do NOT look good on me. But this one, I just loved. I do love shimmer, so the Tickles color worked well for me. A little messy, so I would just do my eyes before the rest of my face.

The bad: The brown, Take Wing, is so incredibly hard to blend. Its matte, which I typically do not like. The only way I can get this to work is lots of blending, and then paired with another shade with some pearl or shimmer.

I don't have a strong opinion on Restless either way. Its a grayish neutral on me. I like it, but not enough to want to buy it again.

I would not repurchase this palette because I just don't love enough of the colors. If I could, I would only buy Bravado.

on 2/28/2008 2:36:00 PM

I won't repeat the descriptions given below as they're fairly accurate and just give my impressions of the quad. I've had it for a year now and every time I use Take Wing e/s (the brown one) I think, This would add a great brownish red to my look! Lo and behold, I end up with...GREY???? Since when does a brown with a reddish tint look grey?? It turns out almost like a darker, slightly redder version of French Grey whicm completely baffles me. I've had other shadows turn out slightly different on me because of my NC30 golden asian tones but going from brown to grey it a whole other story.

On the other hand, I love Restless and Bravado and have gotten compliments any time I use them. They are truly the saving grace of this quad. Tickles is redeemable only because it's better than it's Lingerie 2005 version (forgot the name), so I can forgive its being a lustre. It's actually not *too* bad to work with.

All in all, I would not repurchase this quad if it weren't LE. I'm sure there's a dupe for Restless and Bravado to replace them if I end up finishing them.

on 2/27/2007 10:54:00 AM

I love the concept of this quad (i.e. the combination of colors) but not the execution. This quad has 2 major flaws in my opinion and they are: 1. Take Wing. This shades is boring, matte, and impossible to blend, especially if you're using a strong base like UDPP. I hate Mac's matte formula. This shade should've been a Satin if you ask me. 2. Tickles. It's a Lustre. Do I even need to explain? Worthless. This shade should've been a frost, or even better, a Veluxe Pearl. It's really quite a shame because I love Restless and Bravado--and i love the look I get with this quad when I substitute Take Wing and Tickles for similar shades of better quality. I have to say I feel kind of ripped off by Mac for making a quad with 50% crappy formulated shades when clearly, they have better to offer.

I have quite a few quads and I really love having them in my collection, so I was very excited when I found out these were coming out. I went with this one cuz the two colours i liked from the other one are perminant anyways. I finally, after a week of 'should i just swap it...' busted it open and tested it out, and can i just say...im not impressed.

restless is a matte (well its a satan technically) medium hue grey, and my favourite e/s in the set. its a unique colour that i can see myself using a lot outside the quad, with greens, pinks, purples and maybe working it into my thunder quad.

take wing is a matte, rich espresso brown, that i am only daring enough to use as a liner, but could probablly be used as a great crease colour.

tickless...ohhh tickless... this is where it ends. it was probablly the colour that made me buy the quad in the first place. its a frosty light pink colour (lustre), the texture and the glitteryness is much like golden lemon when pressed. very flakey, like if you use the wrong brush it will crumble and half if it will flake out. it is a nice colour..in theory. it goes on very unpigmented, just like a bunch of frosty whiteish glitter, that comes off your eye in about ten minutes. basically the colour is useless to the quad.

bravado: a sheer raspberry, (velux pearl) goes on alright, smooth, not the nicest colour though. VERY replaceable, very blah. Not the most flattering, doesnt actually even look that good with the other colours. not impressed at all.

best look so far: restless on the lid, bravado in the crease, tickless as a hilighter (a horrible, non existant one because it does not show up!) and take wing as a liner. blah. this quad sucks, dont waist your money.