MAC Cosmetics Take Wing Eyes- Quad

No Image

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this quad mainly for Take Wing as I find myself reaching for this when looking for a neutral smokwy eye often using Restless in the crease. I wanted to love the highlight Bravado but it does nothing for me. It's chunky and all I get when I apply is chunks of sparkle on the brow, it's such a pretty frosty pink but I can't use it. The cranberry colour is lovely when used with Restless. Overall I am pleased with this quad but would replace the highlight with a frost or satin one.

on 11/30/2007 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

There isn't much that I can add that has not already been said. The colors are boring and the formulas make the shadows hard to blend when using a primer. I bought this quad because I thought it would give me a good raspberry/pink/brown smoky eye quad to have in my stash...but unfortunately I was unable to get the formulas of the shadows to work to the point of being able to make this happen. My favorite color in the quad is bravado, the raspberry shade, which is actually quite smooth...but every time I wear it my mom asks me "are you wearing that "wing" quad again? because you look like you've been punched in the eye." So, I stopped wearing the quad, because if my mother, who knows nothing about makeup can make a statement like that, well...then there is something wrong with the shadow.

on 10/9/2006 5:26:00 PM

I bought this because i already owned the colors in the Well-plummed quad and these looked like colors I didn't have. Though it is a pretty quad, I can't say it's very unique, and can be duplicated.
Restless is my favorite color in the quad. I especially like it over Magrites paint. it is like a grey version of Patina to me.
Take Wing looks like Embark to me, a dark plum brown
Bravado is Cranberry IMO
Tickless is my least favorite (though looking at it I though I would like it most!) It's a Lustre which is hit or miss for me and unfortunately it was a miss. No pigmentation and TONS of glitter fall out. I would say that either pink freeze, sweet lust or phloof would be better choices..... same color family but with out the glitter (I use phloof with these colors). All in all a decent quad but I can't say it's my favorite.