Betsey Johnson

Betsey Johnson

3.9

I managed to snag this one cheap at TJ's or Ross or The Rack, and it was a blind buy. I was drawn by the crazy bottle (that lid, man!!) and the mostly great reviews. And I figured, for $15, I can't go wrong, right?

Well...I was actually hesitant to try it after that, thinking, "What if it's TOO sweet on my skin?".....

I threw caution to the wind and put it on yesterday before heading out to catch a movie and I could NOT stop sniffing myself. I smelled edible. Why doesn't this gorgeous gourmand get discussed more often? I got oodles of sweet (but not cloying) praline, woods, and amber for about 12 hours on my skin (3 sprays). I literally smelled like dessert. It was SO GOOD. And not in a cheap way, not synthetically, just in a wonderful way.

This one might be a cheap thrill, but it's well worth picking up!
(crosspost)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this perfume. The smell is very sweet, almost childish, not in a bad way but in a playful way that is very much Betsey Johnson. The blackcurrant, floral, and musky notes are a real winner when they settle and combine with my body chemistry. My best friend tells me that this perfume reminds her of old women and I have noticed that many women do not like it- but men seem to love the girly, sweet scent. This is not a light perfume but can be applied carefully for a less lingering effect. The bottle is adorable and unique, despite all the complaints in these reviews about it being "tacky" it is very much Betsey Johnson and I think it reflects the perfume well.

I was gifted my last bottle with a bonus body wash, which smells just as good as this perfume and pairs perfectly with it. I don't always use them together but when I do I smile all day at how I smell.

To Read all 124 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/31/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

While I really enjoy this scent, there are a few things about it worth noting. This fragrance can definitely be cloying and headache-inducing. It is a very sweet and synthetic gourmand that shares similarities with Jessica Simpson Fancy. As an Angel devotee, I think my threshold for obnoxious, cloying scents is pretty high, but this perfume is almost too much for me. The pear note is quite prominent in both BJ and Fancy, but BJ has a woody, musky quality that makes it more dark and complex than Fancy. The amber makes it very sultry and the candied praline note kind of plays on top throughout. If you gravitate toward tooth-achingly sweet scents, you will probably like this one.

At first I hated this fragrance, but one day I decided to give it another try. Wore it around and I received so many compliments on how yummy i smelled. The scent is very long lasting on my skin. The black currant n this perfume is the strongest note

on 11/9/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE it! It is a sweet, powdery, musky scent! I can't get enough. Lasts all day on me. I get complements all the time. This is a gourmand fragrance, not a fresh, crisp scent. So any of you into the fresh, flowery scents probably wouldnt like this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This bottle is pure kitsch and I love it for that. It's a chunky little thing that you can grip in the middle quite comfortably with this huge pink topper, so very BJ style.
I own both of her perfumes and each are polar opposites. When I'm in the mood for a true foodie perfume, no hesitation in reaching for Betsey Johnson. It's a sweet delight that I enjoy. It's strong, and I love it for that, but I can make it lighter with the right application. It all depends on how I want to wear this perfume. That's what I really appreciate about this gourmand.
Musky along with woods that goes on for hours? What more could I ask for? It's fun, carefree and a great pick-me-up.
Cooler weather preferred if wearing in public, otherwise, wear it to your hearts desire and spritz away. Grapefruit, pear and apple slices garnishing a plate of chocolate pralines...that's what Betsey Johnson is all about.
Top Notes: Black Currant, Grapefruit, Pear, Mandarin Orange.
Middle Notes: Freesia, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Red Apple.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Cedar, Praline, Cashmere Wood.

on 9/19/2013 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Thought I loved this but and I kinda still do not as much as I thought but I normally am not sensitive to these things but this gives me the worst headaches every time finally sold it

on 6/5/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This smells like Praline & Sandelwood, very yummy! like a French pastery. I don't smell much of the other notes, sorry. The bottle is pretty tacky tho, the topper is like a wand you blow bubble with :-p yuck, but still puts me in a bit of a youthful attitude when I put it on :-) whatever

Iam like the previous reviewer; I liked this at first, but once I got home & used it....didn't care for it at all. This perfume does not smell bad by any means, it's just not anything that catches my attention. The bottle this comes in is so small, so you also do not get much for your money....which was another turn off for me. I ended up throwing this perfume away. I obviously, will not be purchasing this again. & I honestly don't remember what I was thinking when I bought it in the first place. Oh well.

on 3/31/2013 1:12:00 AM

I thought I rlly liked this fragrqnce but I was wrong. I brought this for my sister in a gift set for xmas last year. I always wondered why sbe hasnt used it and now I know. Today I bought a 3.5 fl oz bottle for 21.99, and when I sprayed it on my wrist I thought it smelled bad. Its just too strong with no fruits in it at all. Idk how I rlly liked this perfume smh. Time to return this cheap smelling perfume.

Popular Fragrances