Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener

Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener

2.8

Water (Aqua), Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Isostearic Acid, Emulsifying Wax NF, Steareth-21, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium PCA, Squalane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Steareth-20, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Cholesterol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Diacetyl Boldine, Hydrolyzed Marine Collagen, Silanetriol, Glutamylamidoethyl Imidazole, Fructose Oligosaccharides, Porphyridium Cruentum Extract, Biotite, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 2/12/2017 1:33:00 PM

It's pricey and doesn't do what it claims. the l'oreal one is cheaper and sooo much better! the consistency is pretty seamless but it's impossible to blend and it will dry down in mere secs with anything you can do about it. So big no if you have a dry under eye or dry skin in general, consider yourself warned cause it'll sting as hell and also create dry patches . I thought it could be useful for a pretty natural glowy look but boy was i wrong. Also the cap was cheap quality ,after months it broke and i had to fix it with some tape cause it was leaking as hell.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As the previous poster mentioned perfectly, I don't understand this product at all. It's actually completely useless. I received a large sample of this from Sephora, I think. The moment I took the cap off and the super liquidy formula leaked out, I knew this was not something to ever be applied to the undereye area. Lol! It looks very shimmery - not ideal for undereyes. So, I tried using it in a few differnt ways - to the cheek bones, cheeks, browbone, etc. - but it completely disappears everywhere, not even providing a subtle sheen. It didn't break me out or irritate me, but it also did absolutely nothing. Under foundation, over foundation, moxed with blush... Nothing... Sad. It looks like it would give a golden/peachy shimmer, but it doesn't. I have quite fair skin too, the tpe of skin everything shows up on, but no luck with this one.

on 8/22/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't remember how or where I got this product, but it's one of those items that's been kicking around in my makeup bag for awhile. As other reviewers have mentioned, applying it to undereye circles (under concealer in my case) seems to emphasize instead of diminish their appearance. These days (in order to use it up as I hate waste) I either add a touch of this to my foundation or moisturizer to add a really subtle glow to my whole face or use it as a brow bone highlighter. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

I have had this for quite some time and finally got around to trying it out....It doesn't really do anything for me. I don't notice any brightening effects, and my eyes don't look more awake. This actually seemed to emphasize my dark circles and make me look MORE tired. I have tried this with concealer, and without. It doesn't matter. It just doesn't work, which is disappointing, because I love Smashbox as a brand, and I love the price of this one (had it worked).
Oh well, back to the drawing board! I have a few more "brighteners" to try out.

on 8/28/2014 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I didn't think I would like this. Got it in a smashbox set and wanted some of the other items this was one I wasn't interested in. This is not a concealer, I use it after I apply foundation but before I apply my concealer. It brightens the eye area, great for days when I clearly did not get enough sleep and I'm rocking the dark dark shadows under my eyes. It reflects the light and makes me look much less tired. I let it set a couple of minutes before I pat some concealer over top and for something I didn't want I sure am glad to have it some days! Wish it was cheaper lol. Would repurchase.

on 5/10/2015 1:02:00 AM

Sightly over priced but this product makes the perfect under eye base! It gives a bit of moisture, and dries down very quickly. I find that eye creams take too long to dry and make my under eye concealer blotchy because it gives too much moisture. This gives just the right amount of moisture for me, and dries down within a minute, which is perfect for cutting down on makeup time in the morning. It does have a slight brightening effect and this would be perfect for those who don't have dark circles to wear alone. I find the packaging leaks a tiny bit so the cap gets a little messy. Overall, this is a great product to use in conjunction with your under eye concealer.

on 7/26/2014 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product was a waste of money. What's this even supposed to do? It's so sheer it can't be used under the eyes if you've got dark circles. I tried to use it on my cheek bones and brow bone for a halo glow but when I patted the product into my skin, it totally disappeared. I wonder if I got one that was watered down but I highly doubt it. I think it's just like this. The packaging is cute with the brush and all but I wish it was a squeeze tube instead so I could just mix it with my heavier foundation to lighten it up a bit and get a subtle glow if any. Don't bother getting this one.

I pair this with Tarte concealer under my eyes! Love it. Helps brighten and stay out. I really like the dewy effect as it makes my skin look healthier.

I picked this up on a whim while shopping the other day. I have my fair share of highlighters and brighteners but I really loved the texture and consistency of this one. Alone it moisturizes and reflects light away from under the eye; then I popped some concealer over it and BAM! Beautiful coverage with a fantastic lightening property.

on 5/1/2013 1:41:00 PM

This isnt actually a concealer, therefore it doesnt crease anything, nor will it cover. It adds a bit of brightness, and makes you look bright eyed and bushy tailed. So just a little pick me up after a long night out.

If it is used correctly, then it is swell.