ULTA Ulta- whole store

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
ULTA Ulta- whole store

2.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

If it is possible to buy something at a physical store other than Ulta, I will go out of my way to get it there rather than have to brave Ulta. First, the staff is CLUELESS and doesn't even try to learn or pretend like they know anything. I mean, anyone can Google "best mascara" and have a random suggestion when customers ask what they should try. When I have asked for specific palettes or products, they look at me like I have three heads. My Ultas have products out that you can test, but no testing tools or alcohol to clean the testers with . . . gross. The one lippie is for the coupons, but 90% of the time, they aren't valid on the brands I want. They also don't give samples, so you can't try anything, and their return policy is not generous. Their customer service is the worst in the beauty business. I bought the wrong shade of a powder online, and brought it into the store to exchange it, with my receipt, product still sealed in plastic. They made a huge fuss and tried to tell me that I couldn't exchange it, then tried to tell me they didn't carry that brand in the store, despite the fact that they do, then told me the problem was that they needed my e-mail confirmation. Any time I order online, it takes two to four weeks to receive my order (!). I have placed Sephora or Target orders and received my items within 3 days-- meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Ulta to process my order from two weeks ago. Why would I pay the SAME PRICE as other stores for CRAPPY service? Thank goodness Target started carrying NYX. I may never set foot in this place again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

So this is my second online purchase from Ulta, I must say this company has one of the SLOWEST shipping ever! It takes nearly 2 weeks to get to you, Then on top of everything they have a jacked up shipping method...They use Ups but some how both my orders ended up being delivered through Usps United states postal service? ? Real confusing why not just have Ups to drop it off directly? ? Oh and I noticed Ulta only post Butt kissing reviews! They won't post the tactful, honest reviews just wanted to put that out there...I'm a Sephora girl overall they only time I'll s shop from ulta again is if no other store and I do mean nooooo other store has what I'm looking for

on 6/29/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I use a mix of DS and HE brands, so Ulta suits my needs better than Sephora does. I save a lot of money with their DS brand sales, not just with makeup, but with skincare as well. Im a platinum member, which means my points never expire and I can cash them in at any time to save money on my purchases. Personally, I feel like their points system is MUCH better than Sephoras. You need as little as 100 points to save 3.50 on a purchase, which can also be coupled with the 3.50 off 10$ coupons they have all the time. I know some people are annoyed that you cant use those coupons on some prestige brands, but it really just comes down to reading the fine print. Ulta DOES send out 20% off prestige coupons from time to time.

The staff can be hit or miss, anyone who reads this website regularly usually knows more about makeup than most Ulta staff members. It just comes down to knowing what you want and seeking it out, MUA is better for reviews on products than someone who only works at Ulta part time. I will always go there for makeup and skin care purchases.

on 2/15/2010 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ulta is just "meh" for me. Any products sold at Ulta I can get at either Sephora, CVS or from offline. The customer service is poor and they are a little snooty (with no reason to be, it's basically a drugstore/salon, seriously). Sometimes they have good sales but, Ulta is barely on my radar. I live about 3 miles from a Sephora and less than 1 mile from a CVS so you already know which ones I'd have to pick if I need some beauty items. Plus they are super nice at my local Sephora.

Popular Other Products