ULTA Ulta- whole store

ULTA Ulta- whole store

3.7

on 8/2/2012 6:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

my ulta store is located in the Asheville Mall in North Carolina. I would like to say they have hired the best staff there. only one girl i really did not like. the ladies at the benefit and lancombe counters are simply terrific! the salespeople try very hard when i come thru with a question. The displays have usually in decent condition. but that is more of a customer issue. when i go in the mornings they look great, mid day on a weekend..not so much.

on 11/13/2010 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i have to throw in my two cents here too - i have a love/hate relationship with them also. i wonder sometimes why they offer coupons because they're always so restricted that it borders on ridiculous. and i'm not really diggin the recent changes they've made to their rewards program either. i got a haircut certificate this last time around - that was it - no other choices like you used to get. i don't want my haircut there, thanks, i usually see a lot of empty chairs in my local one so um, nothanks., pass. filled my bad haircut quota already. LOL And stock also is an issue for me too - i go looking for something in particular but you got it - i'm usually S.O.L. BUT i have to say they do carry a pretty complete line of ds stuff that is ALWAYS out of stock at my local drug stores, so i usually get lucky there. i will definitely keep going., but they need to get their $h!# together.

on 1/11/2009 8:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There is an Ulta store right across the street from where I work, so I have shopped there on many occasions. I have never had a bad experience with a SA. For the most part, I have found them to be friendly and helpful (although, on occasion, I have witnessed a bit of "snobbiness"). Like many reviewers, I like that you can find both every day drug store items, as well as the higher-end items all in one store. I also like the large fragrance selection. I had to return an item once because I bought the wrong shade of primer (it was a higher end product) and I was not given any hassle (I did have my receipt). I did experience the slow computer problem one day when they could not accept credit cards..... but, I guess that can happen to any retailer. I have also ordered from Ulta on line, and have had no problems. When they are offering the "freebies", I found that you need to act quick, because they do tend to run out of the items quickly (especially around Christmas !!!). I also was fooled by the $5 off coupon when I tried to use it with a higher end brand- I failed to read the small print on the coupon. It did make me mad, because those are the items that you need the coupons for, but, after reading the review from the Ulta employee, I realize that it is not Ulta's fault (if what she says is true, the higher end brands refuse to give discounts on their product lines and require Ulta to sign a contract that they will not give discounts). I have not used the salon, as I have a favorite salon already, so I have no idea on the quality of service provided. Ulta does have some good deals at times, and overall, I really do like shopping there.

Popular Other Products