ULTA Ulta- whole store

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 56 & Over
ULTA Ulta- whole store

2.7

on 2/6/2015 7:44:00 PM

I disagree with CordulaM (who is an SA at Ulta and as of now it looks like her review has been deleted) and agree with Shannon804. I recently returned an item I bought online and received such a hassle from the SA and had the same experience as Shannon. I took what I thought was the sales receipt which was in the box when it was delivered and the SA said, it was the packing slip, not the receipt and that I had to find the email, print it out and bring it in. I hit the roof! What I thought was the receipt had the UPC label printed on it so I thought it contained all the sales info. I told the SA that Ulta needed to take it one step further, to include the receipt on the packing slip and that it was really stupid to expect a customer to wade back through their emails to find the original confirmation email, print it out and bring it in. I am an accountant and IMHO, ULTA is doing this to discourage returns. Plus I don't like the fact that ULTA does not give out samples. I am tired of buying products that do not perform like they claim they do and then I have to return them. So I've adopted a policy that I want to sample any new product before I buy it. Nordies and Sephora are both great at giving samples so perhaps Ulta will loose my business to them if they do not make improvements to the store's policies and procedures. As it is now, I am only shopping at Ulta if it is a product that I normally use and/or I can use a coupon. I also agree that the SA's at Ulta do not appear to be as knowledgeable about products as the SA's at Sephora.

ULTA is brand new in our city and the SAs are awful! I returned a product after 60 days and was purchasing new products and one SA said they cannot take it back after 60 days. I said I was applying it to newly purchased products and she said they could not do it. I returned to my car and read the back of the sales slip and it said after 60 days you could only get store credit, so I had to go back in and show the SA her own receipt so she could re-run my purchase to credit me with my return - she was not happy. Also, poor job on matching BE products to my skin. She looked at me and said "You're a medium" and that's the only color she applied all over my face. In the store it looked okay, but in the car I looked like a pumpkin! Every time I go in there with a coupon, they find a reason for me not to be able to use it on what I have in my shopping bag. And, they are ALL clueless about where to find certain products. Once they told me they were all out of something and I found it at the checkout counter on the travel size display! Another time I picked up Revlon lipstick - buy 2 get 1 free - and the SA argued with me at the register that it was buy 2 get one 50% off, until she ran it up and it said buy 2 get 1 free and she just blew it off saying "Oh I must be thinking of another brand." I'll take Sephora and BB&B any day!

on 7/28/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have patronized Ulta intermittently for many years. Overall, I have found the store to my liking, with a large selection of products at average prices. The courtesy of the staff has varied but that is true with almost any establishment. Some people just do not have the personality to work retail sales. One needs to be patient and at least be able to fake interest in the customer. Some companies are just more careful to hire staff with suitable personalities than are other concerns. Ulta does offer frequent sales and coupons.

Popular Other Products