ULTA Ulta- whole store

2.5

on 2/20/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Waited for ages to get one in my part of the world after listening to so many talk about it on You Tube. Now I have easier access to it than to Sephora and at first I found myself going there often - using their coupons and gathering up "points" to use for other purchases. I do like the fact that they have these consumer perks and I also like the variety of products & prices of products they carry.

However, I have found over time that I am going back to Sephora more - for several reasons. First, I admit to loving some of the high end make up brands that Sephora sells (Laura Mercier, Dior & Nars) and I like how one can experiment with the products and easily get samples. Secondly, I find the Sephora SA's more informed, generally which is helpful. Finally, I get frustrated at the "prestige" vs other brands way in which the coupons apply. All that said, I still frequent Ulta regularly and find that they carry some brands (Nyx) that no one else does.

Bottom line is that it's not all that I thought it to be but I just love make up and so I enjoy the store!

on 2/16/2012 9:21:00 PM

This review is for Ulta.com. so my ratings for product doesn't apply except the overall rating. I have never been to an Ulta store; there aren't any in my state, and up until a few weeks ago I hadn't ever heard of them. The three times I have wanted to shop specials, the products were out of stock. This last time I wanted to get some of the NYX shadows on sale and they are all out of stock!! However, the same items that I wanted to buy from the last ad are there now that the sale is over. That is pretty cheeky (I have another word for it actually). This gives me a pretty good idea of how this company does business and it's not going to get any of mine.