ULTA Ulta- whole store

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
ULTA Ulta- whole store

3.3

on 4/1/2016 5:08:00 AM

Customer service is hit or miss. I would really love it if the cashiers would tell me I have points about to expire. But most of the time, when I am at the cash register, I feel like I am in a drugstore, except that my local Walgreens has friendlier and more helpful cashiers. I blame it on Ulta corporate culture. Any company with great customer service trains employees to be customer-oriented. Oh well, there are plenty of other places for me to spend my hard-earned money.

on 1/15/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Ulta...and I shop there a lot. My only beef with Ulta is that when I go in there I'm usually harassed by sales associates asking me if I'm "finding everything OK" 4,000 times, which equals "we think you might be stealing". This ticks me off because I don't steal, sometimes it takes me a while to browse and I spend quite a bit of money there every year! Also, I give the cashier my club card every time I check out but I have yet to discover what the rewards of this is...I've had it for a few years now and never gotten anything free or discounted because of it, soooo...

on 12/15/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

EVERY time I go into Ulta for something, they are out of stock. And I mean EVERY time. It doesn't matter what it is, they are out. How is it possible that the store is full of so much stuff but are ALWAYS out of what I need? Sometimes I have to go in 3 or 4 times before I find what I'm looking for. An employee said to me the other day, "geez, you're always in here." That's because I have I come in a zillion times before I find what I'm looking for. I'm a medium skin tone, and the medium shade of everything in the store is perpetually out of stock. if medium is the most common shade, just stock a few more mediums. sheesh! The only reason I keep going is it is close to my house otherwise I wouldn't bother. If they actually had better stock, and if the salespeople had better knowledge of the products, it would be fabulous. Such a shame.

on 10/27/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The closest Ulta to my house is a 2 hr train ride away. I don't shop there often. I like how I can find high-end and drug store cosmetics in the same place. The sales associates aren't eager to help if you can't find something. I was looking all over the store for a facial brush but couldn't find it and no one come up to me to offer help. The cashier was super nice. My Google coupon wouldn't load on my phone but she asked me which coupon it was and gave me the discount. I don't know big the other Ulta stores are, but I feel the one in Queens is not that big. It is the same size as an average Sephora. But since Ulta carries both high end and low end stuff and Sephora only has high end, I was expecting the store to be twice the size of Sephora. If they would open a store closer to me I would shop there more often. 2 hr train ride is too long.

on 8/1/2013 8:55:00 PM

At the Ulta in my location, I have been lucky enough not to encounter too many rude or unpleasant sales associates like many others seem to... For the most part, they seem to not know much about their products, but they are always pleasant enough. My only complaint would be the fact that they claim there is no waiting list for products and they have never once offered to order what I have been looking for (I have been looking for the Mario Badescu Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream for at least the last month and a half and each time had the associate go look in the drawers and the back for me, and always made other purchases while I am in the store so the trip was not a complete waste of time). So, if the shalves were stocked more, I may not have an issue shopping here. Also, my Ulta is not very generous with the samples they have behind the counter, even when making a large purchase. I was also informed during my last visit that the samples shown in the magazine only apply to online orders and not purchases made in store.

I do appreciate the fact that I can get all my drugstore and a number of high end products in one location, which is nice. But if the nearest Sephora wasn't an hour and a half away, I definitely would shop there for these products instead.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love that Ulta carries an array of both drugstore and Salon/High end products so I can easily pick up some Banana Boat sunscreen and a bottle of Redken Cleansing Cream for example. My lcoal Ulta stores are actually pretty clean, well-stocked, and if they don't have what I came in for, the SAs usually tell me when they are expecting new orders or if I need to go on a waiting list to ensure I get the product.Yes, I have had a couple of bad experiences with some rude SAs and I either ignore them (Most of time I know what I am coming in for so don't need their help or attitudes anyway) or report them to the manager if they are being too overt with their rudeness. Another thing I enjoy is being able to use the coupon in their sales catalog. It helps when I am buying multiple things. The liter sales are wonderful if you know what you like in your haircare and want to save some money. I have never ordered anything from their website, but will have to try it out one day. Update 2/20/15 I have ordered things online three or four times by now and have been very happy. I am actually able to get my hands on things that are not in stock at my local Ulta. Also, they have free shipping if you spend over $50 and samples with your package. I love it! If you are product junkie like me this does not help lol. I also love the 20 percent coupons that come every now and then in the mail. Make sure to register online to get a catalog.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been trying to make an order on ULTA.com for days and continue to encounter problems resulting in the message, "We are experiencing difficulty processing your order. Please try again later or use another payment method". Despite trying three different internet browsers, using a payment method that is successful on several other major websites, attempting at different times of the day, etc. there has been no resolution. The response I get from their customer service team? A standard response that is copied and pasted, saying to check that my details are correct. It seems to me that they don't care if they have customers or not. Lastly, I just discovered that with each attempt I made there is now a pending charge on my account! It is not worth all the time and hassle, I would highly recommend going with Sephora or Walgreen's for your beauty and cosmetic products as they make shopping a pleasant experience and manage their businesses professionally. Do an internet search for 'problems with ULTA website' and apparently this is a recurring issue.

on 2/20/2013 3:04:00 PM

I ordered from Ulta for years but in this day and age when companies are vying for your patronage I simply cannot imagine any place offering customer service as bad as Ulta so I will not continue to order from them. Actually, it's not just bad...it's nonexistent. You can find the products they offer here at the same price or less at many other sites on the net so there's no reason to put up with bad customer service. Even their points program is a joke compared to what you can get from other companies. Do yourself a favor, buy elsewhere. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON THE NET.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I worked at ULTA and here are the reasons for the issues. The reason why they ask for info on cash returns is for loss prevention. Regular $3.50 and ad coupons will be restricted from prestige items the same way most stores do so. Macy's, Dillards, Sephora, etc.For being a rewards member you receive 6 20% off post card coupons with no exclusions. Return policy is great because you can exchange/return with a receipt with 60days if not satisfied. For every $50 u spend in a 4 month time period you move up a reward level for free items or your choice in a list. What other store will give you a FREE fragrance up to $40? Sephora is also not as busy, maybe that's the reason people feel they give better customer service.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Why are so many people bashing on Ulta? I always thought it was a great store. Like any other chain store, customer service will vary depending on where you live. I have been to several different Ulta's in the Houston area, two in the Chicagoland area, one in Tennessee,one in Alabama and I have never had any problem. I like the fact that I am able to get my perfume, hair products, drugstore, and mid end makeup in one place. I have seen Ulta put prestige brands like Urban Decay and Stila on sale. That's something Sephora does not do as often. They also send me emails and coupons to my house which is convienent.

Popular Other Products