Ulta Ulta- whole store

2.0

1 review

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So...I used to go to Ulta to get Iman Cosmetics. But, I haven't worn Iman for years, so I usually just go to Ulta to get Real Techniques brushes. At Ulta, they're usually Buy One get One 50% Off, which I like.

However, on my last visit, I asked for a sample of the new Urban Decay Naked foundation, and I was told that "they don't do that." I was told by the sales associate that she could color match me and I could purchase the product, and I could return it if I didn't like it.

Now, I have no qualms about returning a product that does not satisfy me. But, making the return without having the opportunity to sample the product seems incredibly wasteful to me. Almost backwards.

I hardly ever make a foundation purchase, without trying the foundation for like 2 days. I mean, foundation goes on my face, the first thing people see on me. I need to make sure the color looks right, it doesn't oxidize, that it wears well...Ulta needs to get with it. Honestly, I don't really know how they compete with Sephora and with these "mini cosmetic store pop-ups) that Macys and JC Penny has.

Popular Other Products