ULTA Ulta- whole store

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 56 & Over
ULTA Ulta- whole store

3.0

on 2/20/2013 10:08:00 PM

Waited for ages to get one in my part of the world after listening to so many talk about it on You Tube. Now I have easier access to it than to Sephora and at first I found myself going there often - using their coupons and gathering up "points" to use for other purchases. I do like the fact that they have these consumer perks and I also like the variety of products & prices of products they carry.

However, I have found over time that I am going back to Sephora more - for several reasons. First, I admit to loving some of the high end make up brands that Sephora sells (Laura Mercier, Dior & Nars) and I like how one can experiment with the products and easily get samples. Secondly, I find the Sephora SA's more informed, generally which is helpful. Finally, I get frustrated at the "prestige" vs other brands way in which the coupons apply. All that said, I still frequent Ulta regularly and find that they carry some brands (Nyx) that no one else does.

Bottom line is that it's not all that I thought it to be but I just love make up and so I enjoy the store!

ULTA is brand new in our city and the SAs are awful! I returned a product after 60 days and was purchasing new products and one SA said they cannot take it back after 60 days. I said I was applying it to newly purchased products and she said they could not do it. I returned to my car and read the back of the sales slip and it said after 60 days you could only get store credit, so I had to go back in and show the SA her own receipt so she could re-run my purchase to credit me with my return - she was not happy. Also, poor job on matching BE products to my skin. She looked at me and said "You're a medium" and that's the only color she applied all over my face. In the store it looked okay, but in the car I looked like a pumpkin! Every time I go in there with a coupon, they find a reason for me not to be able to use it on what I have in my shopping bag. And, they are ALL clueless about where to find certain products. Once they told me they were all out of something and I found it at the checkout counter on the travel size display! Another time I picked up Revlon lipstick - buy 2 get 1 free - and the SA argued with me at the register that it was buy 2 get one 50% off, until she ran it up and it said buy 2 get 1 free and she just blew it off saying "Oh I must be thinking of another brand." I'll take Sephora and BB&B any day!

on 7/28/2011 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have patronized Ulta intermittently for many years. Overall, I have found the store to my liking, with a large selection of products at average prices. The courtesy of the staff has varied but that is true with almost any establishment. Some people just do not have the personality to work retail sales. One needs to be patient and at least be able to fake interest in the customer. Some companies are just more careful to hire staff with suitable personalities than are other concerns. Ulta does offer frequent sales and coupons.

Popular Other Products