ULTA Ulta- whole store

ULTA Ulta- whole store

2.8

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ulta stores are NOT created equal. I think with this store it all comes down to the staff. I have three Ulta's within a 10-30 minute rage from me. One of those stores is the next town over and I ONLY go to that one in a pinch or tight on time. The SA's are usually miserable and lack motivation. I know this isn't an exciting job at NASA but some enthusiasm would be greatly appreciated and customers will want to spend money! For spa services or I want to do a haul or take my time, I have to drive to the 30 minute location. Of course, the furthest one is the best one. So, I give this particular furthest store five stars. The sales associates are always eager to help and will go check to see when things will be back in stock. They will, get this, tell you if you have points you can use without you even asking! Also, this location is the largest with the most inventory. The one that is right next to me has dedicated three rows just for Benefit and the whole front store is all Clinique. I'm not a fan of these brands so that is just all wasted space for me. My favorite location is an all in one stop shop! A lot of brands and variety.

As for spa services, I've been extrememly happy with the three facials from this particular location. Icing on the cake, I recently had to use a 50% spa coupon and it was the last day to use it. I had an appoinment for a facial at 2pm. On the way to the appointment, there was an accident on the off ramp and was stuck in traffic making me 30 minutes late to my appointment. I called the store and told them what happned and they said they were booked after me but to come down anyway and they would take care of me. They gave me one of their 20 minute facials which in the end, worked out for me since my day was already shot. The esthetician wasn't moody about my extreme tardiness even though she could tell how frazzled I was. She changed my mood to disgust and embarrassment to calming and content. She really made my day and the service was outstanding. She took the time to go over steps and even warned me of then things might tingle.

I'm a spa junkie. I've been known to get $200 facials. I'm also very critical of them. If I'm paying $200 for a facial, don't lean over me with your garlic breath and use cold fingers! I had one esthetician even sit in the room and chow on her lunch while I laid there with a mask on my face. Granted, there are down times in facials but at least go into a different room!

on 12/15/2013 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

EVERY time I go into Ulta for something, they are out of stock. And I mean EVERY time. It doesn't matter what it is, they are out. How is it possible that the store is full of so much stuff but are ALWAYS out of what I need? Sometimes I have to go in 3 or 4 times before I find what I'm looking for. An employee said to me the other day, "geez, you're always in here." That's because I have I come in a zillion times before I find what I'm looking for. I'm a medium skin tone, and the medium shade of everything in the store is perpetually out of stock. if medium is the most common shade, just stock a few more mediums. sheesh! The only reason I keep going is it is close to my house otherwise I wouldn't bother. If they actually had better stock, and if the salespeople had better knowledge of the products, it would be fabulous. Such a shame.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The Ulta SA are so rude to me. I asked one of the girls if I could try a sample of a primer that I clearly saw a box of small samples of behind the counter and she said no we don't have any. Always rude service. Never anyone to help.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

So...I used to go to Ulta to get Iman Cosmetics. But, I haven't worn Iman for years, so I usually just go to Ulta to get Real Techniques brushes. At Ulta, they're usually Buy One get One 50% Off, which I like.

However, on my last visit, I asked for a sample of the new Urban Decay Naked foundation, and I was told that "they don't do that." I was told by the sales associate that she could color match me and I could purchase the product, and I could return it if I didn't like it.

Now, I have no qualms about returning a product that does not satisfy me. But, making the return without having the opportunity to sample the product seems incredibly wasteful to me. Almost backwards.

I hardly ever make a foundation purchase, without trying the foundation for like 2 days. I mean, foundation goes on my face, the first thing people see on me. I need to make sure the color looks right, it doesn't oxidize, that it wears well...Ulta needs to get with it. Honestly, I don't really know how they compete with Sephora and with these "mini cosmetic store pop-ups) that Macys and JC Penny has.

on 6/18/2007 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have a love hate relationship with ulta. While its a great store that carries the regular and deparment store name brands, offers coupons, and the greatest rewards program (I got a bottle of perfume for having 6 points). I couldnt agree more that its a great store. I do have to tell you the truth behind ulta. After 4 years of my observation I'm going to have to tell you this: They treat their employee like total total crap. I dont want to support a company that doesnt value their employees. My bestfriend used to work there, and she was depressed majority of the time, because that company is not flexible at all. The managers are always getting the run around on their crucitating systems, coupons always have fine print, they dont take anything back without a receipt and customers are angry, a real retail hell hole behind the scene. An employee is constantly walking on eye shells. During the meetings they are told that most theft is done by employees so they carry a clear bag aka all employees are theives, and if an employee wants to get a salon service, they can get bumped from their appt time because they are employees, and if they come on their off day to shop, they are search before they leave ulta. After working for 4 years, my friend got 14cent raise. The average payroll for a cashier is $8.00 and the average cost of a manager is $10-12 with alot of responsibility without the compensation. The head manager gets $30000. I understand its really normal to get that amount in mid size retail company, bottom line is they dont treat their employees right with constant reminder that they could be fired for anything pity. The employee turnover rate is very high. Overall, its a nifty store that carries variety of things, and a great place to go to during christmas time or wedding season, their Ulta brand makeup is high quality, and point rewards systems is worth checking out but be sure that if you get bad customer service, or low morale, employees are product of their environment, they are really shitty pity and rude beyond believe, thats because its just the way they get treated by management. EDIT: BAD BAD BAD store to shop, Ulta has gotten worse since I wrote my last review, the associates are offensive, and rude, and do not help, and I bet they are still treated badly; Its bet its still like slave work for $8/hr. I went there recently, and the manager was at the cash register and I swear she was DRUNK, literally wasted, when she was talking to her employees. Yikes!

on 12/18/2006 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE ULTA! I love the fact that you can buy high end & drugstore products in the same place. They also carry brands that you can't get anywhere else like Archipelago Botanicals and Japonesque. Ulta is the only place where I can find Archipelago Botanicals candles in my area. They have awesome discounts! I bought a $18 Primal Elements candle for $6.50. Sometimes I go in there and I come out with a huge bag for half the price. I'm always astonished at how much I save! Their customer service can't be beat! Returns are super easy. ULTA IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE STORE! Everyone needs to go to one Ulta store if they are in the area of one since I know they're limited. Ulta has a club card program where if you spend a certain amount of money, you get to pick your free gifts, which is really cool.