Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

3.8

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I brought a sample vial from an etailer and I made the right choice. I was nervous because all the negative reviews on another review site. I was also worried about the spicy woodsy note. However this fragrance is beautiful. Unfortunately I don't have one of those bloodhound noses that can dissect a scent from start to finish. On me this scent is like a light powdery smell with a kick of spice to keep it from being boring. Whom ever was responsible for putting together Hilary's fragrance did a great job. I also give Hilary props for taking a risk and stepping out of the fruity, sweet, teeny star floral arena.

on 7/27/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was surfing the net and came across a poll from TotalBeauty.com where they listed the worst and best celebrity scents. Hillary Duff was either No.1 or No. 2 so I decided to try it out. I have no idea who this person is as I am from Europe so I was not prejudiced. I was able to pick it up on a website in Germany for 27 Eur for 50ml.

This fragrance is worth every penny. I have fragrances in my collection which cost over 200 euro which cannot hold water to this scent. I love everything from the opening to the dry-down which is where this fragrance is especially beautiful and pleasing. I love how the floral notes are perfectly balanced with the woods to create a grown up fragrance which can be worn and appreciated by women of all age groups. The scent is not overpowering but a the same time gives enough silage to last all day.

Very well done and wort a try. For those not being able to afford a woody fragrance from the line of Serge Lutens this is a nice soft alternative. There are a lot of woody scents on the market today but a lot of them are poorly made. The bottle is also nicely done and feels posh in the hands.

on 11/14/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This scent was horrible on me. I don't know if it didn't work with my body chemistry, but it seriously smells like BO. I found it at Meijer on clearance for about $3 and figured I'd try it because it was so cheap. I'm so glad I didn't pay more! I've thought about giving it away, but I really can't do that in good conscience knowing how awful it smelled on me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I love this product. I loved it since it came out and everybody compliments me when I spray it. It's so woodsy and romantic with a touch of sweetness, I feel so girly and mysterious when I wear it. People sometimes think I'm wearing one of the Juicy Couture perfumes, the one with woodsier notes. The only thing with mine is that the lid only goes on a certain direction and it's just a pet peeve of mine when something does that. This perfume can be found at most TJ MAXX or Marshall's for under $25, which is great :)

on 12/22/2008 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This isn't bad. I could honestly care less which celebrity's name is on a perfume. I zero in on the quality of the contents in the bottle. The first thing I smell when I put this on is vanilla which I love, then it settles to a subtle slightly floral sniff. This looses points for it's lasting quality, especially since this is an EDP. And, although the bottle is pretty, the cap is flimsy and very poorly made.

on 12/3/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Even though when I first smelled this it didn't strike me (and I love sweet scents), when I saw it at Ross for $15, I had to get it. Let's just say that was a bad call. This scent actually made me nauseous! I'm returning it and will replace it with YSL's Babydoll. Maybe Wrapped With Love will be better...Sorry Hilary!

Edit: The best part of the experience was that I was able to return it! :D

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Ok I am 30 years old and swear by this stuff. This is my favorite fragrance, which my 2 nieces try to steal from me. I love the scent and it lasts for about 6 hours on me. Gets alot of compliments from men and does not overpower my nose (which is always a turnoff if the cologne is too strong for you!) Will repurchase again and again!

on 10/9/2006 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I suppose Hilary Duff sensibly concluded that the only way she could possibly blend into the supersaturated celebrity perfume market was simply NOT to blend in-and with that conclusion, she did alright by me. No fruity-floral overkill here, Sephora classifies this juice as a mossy wood, and indeed it is a light scent, (I could barely detect it at first), that blooms into a creamy, woody concoction rounded out with slight fruit and floral nuances which appear by mid-stage. Some notes I discerned in the beginning included mandarin, apricot, rose, and coconut-yes, I know-that sounds like your run-of-the-mill fruity floral, but the real notes are variations thereof, (mangosteen fruit, cocobolo wood), and blend together very well. Although it rests lightly against the perfumey Elizabeth Arden background, it becomes more grounded during the drydown, quickly morphing into an amber-tinged, deeper, suede-like scent. It smells better if you allow the stages to evolve and waft around you rather than continuing to thrust your nose into your wrist every 5 minutes, and oh-I love catching that waltzing, woody waft. This is very pleasant for the office, maybe not enough oomph for the evenings or partying-itís not sexy, but rather a romantic, feel-good essence, in line with the starletís philosophy behind the nature of the scent: the unconditional love of family, the generosity of friendship, and the breathtaking excitement of romance. The lasting power should prove to be pretty decent also, I just sprayed once on my arm, and that was enough to delight my senses throughout the afternoon. Way not to go, HD!

Popular Fragrances