Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

3.7

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

on 7/12/2013 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a really sweet scent with a bit of musk. It smells like honey, brown sugar and vanilla. However even though it is sweet is stays elegant. Not an everyday scent but nice at night.

on 3/9/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I first had a whiff of this fragrance in a magazine sample when I was a rebellious, intransigent adolescent (thank goodness I've toned down a bit lol!)
It appealed to me then, and still appeals to me now.
I find it's lighter than most oriental, spicy fragrances such as Yves St Laurent's Opium, which makes it perfectly wearable for a young lady.
I usually only wear it when going out at night though.
The whole ritual of putting on the fragrance makes me feel feminine, yet dangerously sexy...
Yes, the price of the 30ml bottle is a tad bit exorbitant for a student on a shoe string budget.
But hey... What are birthdays and parents for? Lol...

on 11/9/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I LOVE this perfume! Got this as a gift and am absoutely in love with it! The smell is not too heavy, and not too light and a little goes a long way. I especially love the packaging, the antique style perfume bottle is very cute. As for the smell, it is fruity, yet a little spicy which I find is perfect for me. Definitely one of my favourtie fragrances and will repurchase when I run out!

on 7/5/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If you like vanilla, musk, and a sweet smell this is for you. It was researched by Ms. Duff, and she states that she actually tested this, and help create this perfume, and that you can tell. It is not for someone that is teeny weenie itty bitty bikini like, but rather for someone that likes subtle not boring scents. It seems to be an older smelling perfume, even though I think it was geared toward the older tween age...which for me is grande.
I tend to like complex vanilla and musk oriental perfumes, so this is "light" in comparison to the original Poison that I wear. I always get compliments that are genuine, and not the type where people are coughing and running away (think Angel)! lol;p! I always carry perfume in my purse to school, and kids even though they are young are pretty honest about smells, they frequently tell each other they smell..lol, so when I wear this the grown-ups and students do make positive comments.
If you like BBW Sensual Amber, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and some sweet fruits (don't think apples think passion fruit, papaya, guava.) this is something that you will enjoy! It is musky, vanilla, amber, and sweet wrapped into one great scent. Another scent you might want to try is Diamonds Intense by Emporio Armani, there are some similiarities. And the DI is heavier, just thought I would send you another great fragrance recommendation.

this is probably my favorite perfume ever.

.... I actually like the song too. lol

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this stuff smelled so bad that even my husbands nose crinkled up when i put my wrist to his nose. I wont be buying this, it just smells bad- I took it back...

on 12/15/2008 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For those who are quick to turn on this fragrance just because it came from Hilary Duff, Hilary is in her 20's with classy and mature taste, as is reflected in this fragrance.

I am in absolute love with the fragrance. I fell in love with it the first time I smelt it. The only way I can describe it is warm, spicy, musky, and slightly sticky sweet. It is a very strong scent. However, the reason for only giving it 3 stars is because the fragrance goes bad very quickly. I bought the largest bottle, 3.3 oz, and only had it for a year when it started to go bad. I had only used it a few times so Sephora let me exchange it for a new one. The new one smelled just like it was supposed to, so I know the last one had gone bad. I kept it stowed away in the dark and away from heat while only using it during special occasions. It's been about a year again and I've noticed that it doesn't smell right again. The scent is very obviously different. It smells citrusy, which it is not supposed to smell like at all, and also less strong.

Something else I've noticed is that when I went to go buy a new bottle, it also smelled off. It's almost like the fragrance has gone rancid in the stores while they were sitting on the shelves. I exchanged for another one thinking it may have been a bad bottle but the other one was also off. Even though both bottles smelled "off" when compared to how the fragrance is intended to smell like, they smelled different from each other. One still had a slight sweet smell while the other smelled completely sour. It convinced me that they must have in fact spoiled. Being that With Love is the first fragrance I've fallen in love with, I just know when it smells right or off.

I've heard that celebrity fragrances have a shorter life than brand fragrances, but one year is just too short. I have another celebrity fragrance that I've had for a little longer timeframe than this recent bottle of With Love, and it still smells like it did the first time I smelt it.

If you're going to purchase this fragrance, I would advise to get the smallest bottle, assuming you are able to get your hands on a fresh one, and use it as often as possible because it will probably go bad before you even use it up.

It's a shame. The scent is so beautiful but the formulation is just awful. I'm just going to have to look elsewhere for a hopefully similar scent that is also warm, musky, spicy, and sticky sweet because I've given up on this fragrance.

This fragrance is amazinggg..... I just sprayed it because I liked the bottle and was surprisingly amazed.. I think its the best celeb scent out there!!!!!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

As lovely as this smells, I would not repurchase With Love due to its lack of staying power; saying that this scent lasts even an hour is a stretch. Too bad because I really love all other aspects of this fragrance. With Love is a heavenly cocktail of oriental, amber, and musky notes and I must say I was surprised at my first whiff of this scent. I did not expect such a sophisticated perfume from a teen celebrity. I thought it would smell more synthetic and generic like J.Lo's and Britney Spear's scents. And I'm loving the vintage-style bottle; it is gorgeous and looks lovely on my vanity.

on 2/4/2007 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Soft,pretty. Fades very quickley. Smelled a little musky.

Popular Fragrances