Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Filtered by hair type : Other
Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

3.7

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I smelled this at a store upon it's release and was blindsided by a saleswoman just spraying it into the air. Needless to say it was a bit overwhelming. Speed up a few years, a gentleman I was conversing with raved about Hillary Duff With Love, as a unisex boozy vanilla amber melange. I knew I had to try it. He was right.... unisex whisky opening with a drydown of heavenly cakey vanilla ----
Warming and comforting, cozy and cuddlely, sensually seductive with the right partner; in between. LOVE! A great celebrity fragrance; very long wearing (into the next day) does not scream, shrill or smell cheap like many do. No doubt a full worthy bottle for me.

on 3/20/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This perfume smells a lot like alcohol. Very strong at first, so DO NOT smell it right away when you spray, It'll hurt your nose :/
It's a scent that I cannot explain. I got my first bottle of this for my 10th birthday as Hilary Duff was my childhood idol. I guess I loved it back then. I finished that bottle and got another one. Now that I'm older, I don't seem to like it as much as I used to. The bottle is beautiful, but it's not my favourite fragrance and I won't be buying again. Sorry Hilary........

on 11/2/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very deep and complex scent, something I never really expected from Hilary Duff.

The scent is something I would only wear during the winter because it is very heavy and potent. When I say heavy I mean it, I sprayed a little on my arm from a long distance away mainly to figure out the notes running through. After washing my arm 4 times, I can still smell it as I am typing.

I don't really get the fruitiness that others have described, nor the sweetness. The reason I got this was because of many people describing this is a vanilla type scent, and for some reason I just don't smell it. All I get is extreme spiciness.

Its not a bad scent, but unfortunately something inside it gives me a splitting headache. Although even if it didn't give me headache, I honestly don't think I would ever wear this, its just a little too spicy.

I loved this perfume when it came out and also had the second one she made after this. I think it smells wonderful, feminine, and sexy. The only reason for giving it a 4 instead of a 5 is due to it not keeping well.
After a while of being open it started to smell a little off, almost as if the ingredients had gone bad. I did buy another one that came with the lotion after this. The perfume and lotion smelled great at first, but after a few months I noticed that same odd smell on the perfume again, and the lotion started to smell like plastic (maybe the packaging?).
I wish the quality of this was better, because the smell is absolutely amazing as long as your bottle is fresh.
I did notice this happen with other celebrity perfumes, too.

on 8/19/2011 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got very lucky. I got this at Ross for $11.99 for a very pretty 1.7 oz bottle, after trying it elsewhere. This is not what I expected from anything Hilary Duff. This is a wonderful, warm, spicy fruit that fades into a soft, lightly musky wood, and it has very good sillage. I remember reading that it's supposed to have mangosteen notes, but on Fragrantica, it says mango. What is intriguing is the wood note: cocobolo. I don't know of any other fragrance with this wood. It's softer and sweeter than sandalwood to my nose. I would give it a 5, but I just got it, and I need to wear it longer to be certain. : )

Edit: Okay, it gets a 5...works supremely well on me, and I can't stop sniffing my hair and wrists. It sweetens up on me with time, and the wood note mellows. Surprise, surprise.

on 6/28/2011 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My new favorite fragrance! I'm not usually a woody person but now I can't live without it.This is nothing like what I own - a very unique fragrance (I'm over florals!).. so warm and rich and sweet. One or two spritz lasts me all day. I also love the lotion in the gift pack unfortunately it's hard to find now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I had no idea this was published under Elizabeth Arden! Well, it makes sense, since Elizabeth Arden publishes many commercial celebrity fragrances! Elizabeth Arden is always a winning brand. Women should wear it more often!
This is by far my favorite perfume. It smells spicy and sweet, just as a cinnamon candy stick is spicy but sweet. It has a hint of coconut as I perceive it, and that's what makes it totally unique. My dad loves this perfume! I sprayed it on my special pillow so that when he went away on a business trip, he wouldn't be lonely, and when he got back two days later, it still smelled like the perfume!
This perfume is semi-long-wearing: I'd say around 1-5 hours. The bottle is just too cute...it looks like a treasure! I'd recommend especially for young girls! Again, I bought this from a consignment shop like I have said in other Elizabeth Arden reviews on MUA, and I bought it for $10. I think fragrancenet.com, my favorite perfume website, has it for around $26 for a good size.

on 5/5/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally wouldn't pick a woodsy spicy scent like this, but I got this as a gift last year and it has been one of my top go-to fragrances! It is a nice warm scent perfect for date nights but not something I would typically wear for day-time because I prefer more lighter fragrances. This perfume is fairly strong so you only need one spray and the lasting power is pretty good. I don't need to touch-up since the scent dies down and leaves a nice fruity wood scent that is still there the next day. I am definitely going to make a repurchase soon because it works well with my body chemistry and am slowly running out of this! The bottle is also super pretty, I like the vintage inspired look. :)

on 12/14/2010 9:58:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Well.....Let me star off by saying that I am 31 and don't think this fragrance is too young smelling for me......We should all be able to wear whatever we want with out feeling like some one will say"Oh she's too old for that fragrance!" That sounds so ridiculous! I love this fragrance! And was a little surprised when I found out it was a celeb fragrance...but whatever! I think this is a perfect blend of warmth and sweetness with a bit of musk....Love it!

on 9/28/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Sophisticated, rich woody-fruity scent. Heavy glass bottle speaks high quality, and overall the perfume completely belies its el-cheapo price of $12/oz. at Winners. A warm, classy addition as fall arrives!

Popular Fragrances