Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

4.1

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This fragrance is gorgeous, somewhat sweet but spicy.. it smells like brown sugar, golden syrup, amber and cinnamon.
I don't usually go for "celebrity scents" but this has definitely won me over. I am in love with this.. it is long lasting and the bottle is so elegant.

on 12/29/2011 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've had my eyes on this product for months before I finally bought myself a little one for $20 (on sale) and I just gotta say that the smell is rather strong but after a few hours, the scent become more toned down and more easy on the nose.

:D

It is most definite a Fall scent. I never really liked her other one (Wrapped with love) but this one is a keeper.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this maybe 5 years ago when I still had some tween-ish tendencies.... (I guess I still do). I like this perfume after it has faded - it smells less sweet/stuffy, and instead it becomes warmer and... sultrier? I think I will try and find a perfume that contains the base notes of With Love (the base notes are amber milk/amber musk if I'm not mistaken).

As well, I find this perfume very heavy, and would not wear it during the day or in summer!

on 12/3/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this perfume! :) It is a great floral scent with some warmth to it....maybe a slight vanilla as well. I got a bottle of this for Christmas last year ($10.00 USD from Big Lots for small bottle.) A few days I went back to the same Big Lots and could not find the Haliry Duff With Love perfume but I did find a cheaper version of it called Love Me ($3.50 USD for triple the size of With Love small bottle.) I think the Love Me smells a little better than the With Love b/c it seems to have more of a vanilla scent to it which I like (but they are the same scent except for that.) I love both scents though. As far as staying power goes I find I can still smell 4-5 hours after sppyling which is wonderful for a perfume. I would and probaly will repurchase both of these perfumes. I recommend both! :)

on 8/19/2011 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got very lucky. I got this at Ross for $11.99 for a very pretty 1.7 oz bottle, after trying it elsewhere. This is not what I expected from anything Hilary Duff. This is a wonderful, warm, spicy fruit that fades into a soft, lightly musky wood, and it has very good sillage. I remember reading that it's supposed to have mangosteen notes, but on Fragrantica, it says mango. What is intriguing is the wood note: cocobolo. I don't know of any other fragrance with this wood. It's softer and sweeter than sandalwood to my nose. I would give it a 5, but I just got it, and I need to wear it longer to be certain. : )

Edit: Okay, it gets a 5...works supremely well on me, and I can't stop sniffing my hair and wrists. It sweetens up on me with time, and the wood note mellows. Surprise, surprise.

on 7/3/2010 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I just love the bottle so I cave in and bought this. It's a little too sweet for me since it has lychee as one of the scent ingredients. I should of had done my research first before I bought it. I was in a hurry at the time.
Anyways, I have this up for swap, but if no one take it then I will eventually end up using it if I have no other fragrances. It's not a bad smell, I love it but just too sweet maybe I can combine it with another scent.
I am allergic to certian fragrance's scents, but I I mostly prefer floral over fruit or food. There's some fragrances that as soon as i smell it I start sneezing right away. Some example of scents I like are waterlily, lavendar, freesia, amber, jasmine, vanilla, orchid, and patchouli. Some that I dont like are grapefruit, passion fruit, pear, apple, anis, orange, peach, and strawberry. But usually it depends on how they are mix and the proportion they use.

Okay, so one day a few years ago I was accosted by a perfume sales woman who was attempting to pawn off a new perfume by Hilary Duff on me. I said no thank you and walked off. I figured it would smell too sweet, like most other celeb scents. I continued on with life until I saw a pretty unmarked bottle at a perfume counter a few months later. I was sniffing perfume trying to kill time, and I sniffed this perfume and fell in love. I couldn't find a display and I asked the saleswoman who made it. She told me it was Hilary Duff and I about died.

This stuff smells SO amazing! I love musky, warm scents, and this really fits the bill for me. I also like that the bottle is pretty and not tacky. At least its less embarrassing because people don't know that its by Hilary Duff. Ha! Keep your eyes peeled at TJ Maxx or Ross for this stuff - they usually have it cheap! $10-$20 depending on how big the bottle is or if it comes in a gift set.

***PS- I am super sensitive to smells. I have gotten terrible headaches and thrown up after wearing certain perfumes all day. This perfume isn't so sweet that it makes me sick. I always receive compliments because it wears beautifully on me. :)

I love this perfume- Hilary Duff really knocked it out of the park! I try to rotate it with my other perfumes so I don't get sick of it, but every time I wear it I smile and inhale. I think With Love is considered a floral, but it's got some gourmand to it, so I think it's more a sugary floral. Great for every day, I feel very pretty when wearing it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So, I got With Love on sale at Target after reading so much about it. I ended up giving it to the thrift store with a box of clothes, because I was just not that excited about it!

The first few minutes of the scent are not impressive to me- I can't decide if it smells synthetic and that's why I don't like it, or it's just too much of an obvious perfume smell. Both are true; I just don't know which I dislike more.

But- the dry down is amazingly lovely. It's very woody and warm on me, kind of like smelling a black chai tea, and I get hardly any vanilla. Don't be mistaken, there's definitely a gourmand aspect, but it's not as sweet and pronounced as my favorite perfumes: Nina, Flowerbomb and Coco Mademoiselle. Personally, I think if they had just honed the top notes of the scent, it would have been much better.

on 6/28/2009 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This one smells like a caramel milkshake to me. It's a very sweet foody scent. I'm a fan of sweet gourmand scents like Fantasy, Pink Sugar, etc, and this one definitely fits into that category IMO. The drydown also has a bit of an earthy smell (perhaps the amber). I will keep this one in my rotation of yummy scents for quite a while I'd say!

Popular Fragrances