Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

3.8

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

on 11/14/2010 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This scent was horrible on me. I don't know if it didn't work with my body chemistry, but it seriously smells like BO. I found it at Meijer on clearance for about $3 and figured I'd try it because it was so cheap. I'm so glad I didn't pay more! I've thought about giving it away, but I really can't do that in good conscience knowing how awful it smelled on me.

on 7/25/2010 2:32:00 PM

I did something really stupid and bought this untested. It was so cheap at Marshall's and I had read so many positive reviews that I thought it would at least be "okay" worst case scenario. Oh man was I wrong. This smells horrible! On me anyway. Although I find it unpleasant from the bottle as well. Smells like B.O. Do not buy this without testing it first!

A friend of mine owns this fragrance titled "With Love" by Hilary Duff and I absolutely dislike its scent. It smells very "old lady" like without a hint of sugary/vanilla smell or floral, VERY strong and heavy formula. In fact, I had one of my guy friends tell the poor doll to change perfume. The bottle has a lovely design, but the smell is a no no for me.

I wanted to like this, after getting it as an xmas gift.
I gave it to my roommate after awhile, and now every time she sprays it I feel like throwing up (almost). It smells disgusting and is nauseating. Ick!

on 5/17/2009 5:04:00 PM

I hate to have a bad review, but I have to say that this perfume burns my nose and makes me sneeze!!! I'm usually tolerant of most fragrances or am able to see why some people enjoy a certain scent, but I do not get this one at all. Sorry Hil.

on 4/1/2009 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

After my unfortunate encounter with the strawberry/patchouli nightmare that is Miss Dior Cherie (*shudder*), I never thought I would EVER find another perfume that makes me want to jump out of my skin the way MDC does. But oh no, apparently I HAVE... & it's With Love, Hilary Duff. In its desperate attempt to showcase Ms. Duff's mature & sophisticated side, With Love, IMO, tries much too hard at playing the fruity-oriental card & ends up failing miserably. Not only does it NOT smell even remotely mature (or oriental, for that matter), the intriguing-sounding notes in it also don't seem to blend together very well -- resulting in a cloying, headache-inducing mess.

Another thing I'd like to point out: I'm from a tropical Asian country & have eaten my fair share of the succulent mangosteen fruit in my lifetime. And let me tell you, the 'mangosteen' note that is supposedly contained in this perfume doesn't even come CLOSE to the smell of the actual fruit. I also agree with Dmarie1 about the outdoors-y aspect... I too clearly detect something green which I personally find quite bothersome. In fact, I read somewhere that upon getting a whiff of the perfume, Hilary's first comment was how the scent reminded her of the pine trees in her native Texas... hmmm... I wonder if that's the cocobolo wood? After several hours, the perfume dries down to a fairly decent musky/ambery smell, but with that pesky 'pine' note still hovering in the background. *Sigh* Very disappointed this didn't work out for me. Really wanted to like this one & had hoped to add it to my collection... no such luck. On the plus side (if you're into this sort of perfume), it has superb staying power -- I spray-tested it on my wrist yesterday afternoon & could still smell it when I woke up this morning. Overall, one lippy but only for the pretty, vintage-style bottle (which deserves kudos for being light years away from the tacky, juvenile bottles of Britney Spears' perfumes).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this stuff smelled so bad that even my husbands nose crinkled up when i put my wrist to his nose. I wont be buying this, it just smells bad- I took it back...

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a pharmacy tech at Walgreens and from time to time they'll throw me in Cosmetics to cover a shift. I don't complain because I spend all day playing with the makeup and spraying the perfumes.

I made the mistake of spraying this one. On myself.

It smells like vodka when sprayed and dried down into something totally synthetic and immature.

If there is a signature fragrance for promiscuous teeny boppers, this must be it... because is smells like a drunken sorority. Ugh.

It gets one lippie because the bottle is sort of pretty.

Top notes: Vodka
Heart notes: Alpha Theta Kappa bathroom cleaner.
Base notes: imitation vanilla extract.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is horrible!!!!!
It smells really bad.
I was so shocked that she woul pick this scent for her own line.
Is this a joke?

on 11/5/2007 6:27:00 PM

This smells like rotten, sickening maple syrup and licorice. It is cloying and headache-inducing.

Popular Fragrances