Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

Elizabeth Arden With Love by Hilary Duff

3.8

Alcohol Denat Water/Aqua/Eau Parfum/Fragrance Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxhydrocinnamate Benzyl Alcohol Benzyl Salicylate Citral Coumarin Ceraniol Hydroxyisoh 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl Salicylate

on 6/20/2008 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My mission - try every celebrity fragrance in one department store and confirm my snobbery about them (all the same fruity florals with minor differences). Result, my snobbery was rewarded. Hate them all. And then I noticed With Love...Hilary Duff (eye roll). Sprayed it on a card - mmm, smells like something else, something I like. Sprayed it on my arm. Wow, how nice. Vanilla sweetness with the kick of something that smells like the skin of an orange (Mangosteen?) Then lots of beautiful woods, mainly sandalwood. There is a gentle spicy, incensy 'feel' to it that includes a good dose of saffron in my opinion. Then it's all milky amber for hours afterwards. Shockingly, I believe it's also unisex - how very European. It could easily be an exquisite Italian designer fragrance - so it's no surprise that I rate it as a decent alternative to Fendi's Theorema for women, Gianfranco Ferre 20 or Mabousson and it's reminiscent of, but not as masculine as Costume National 21 and Givenchy Pi. So there. A big surprise. I have been wearing it for days and the compliments are abundant. When people ask what I'm wearing, I say "It's something I picked up in Italy". What a snob I am!

on 7/5/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If you like vanilla, musk, and a sweet smell this is for you. It was researched by Ms. Duff, and she states that she actually tested this, and help create this perfume, and that you can tell. It is not for someone that is teeny weenie itty bitty bikini like, but rather for someone that likes subtle not boring scents. It seems to be an older smelling perfume, even though I think it was geared toward the older tween age...which for me is grande.
I tend to like complex vanilla and musk oriental perfumes, so this is "light" in comparison to the original Poison that I wear. I always get compliments that are genuine, and not the type where people are coughing and running away (think Angel)! lol;p! I always carry perfume in my purse to school, and kids even though they are young are pretty honest about smells, they frequently tell each other they smell..lol, so when I wear this the grown-ups and students do make positive comments.
If you like BBW Sensual Amber, Warm Vanilla Sugar, and some sweet fruits (don't think apples think passion fruit, papaya, guava.) this is something that you will enjoy! It is musky, vanilla, amber, and sweet wrapped into one great scent. Another scent you might want to try is Diamonds Intense by Emporio Armani, there are some similiarities. And the DI is heavier, just thought I would send you another great fragrance recommendation.

on 10/8/2006 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Let me just start off by saying that I'm 51 years old and I DO know who Hilary Duff is...that's because I have teens and read the gossip rags! :) To me, I don't care much about who is pushing the perfume, I'm interested in the composition and the smell of it on me. A while back I was moseying around in Macy's and there in the middle of an aisle by cosmetics and fragrances, was the most beautiful bottle and blue packaging I had seen in a long time on a fragrance launch. I went up to the display and to my dismay, there was only a small tester lab bottle of the scent out. I picked it up and sprayed it and it was love at first whiff. I don't fall hard too often, but when I DO, I'm ready to plunk down my money in a heartbeat. (I know I did this when I first smelled Organza Indecence). Unfortunately, With Love was NOT about to come home with me this day as the official bottles were not yet in that Macy's. So, I left the store heavy hearted and empty handed.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I meandered into my local Belk's store and LO AND BEHOLD, there was a HUGE display of With Love for my eyes to feast upon. My heart started beating faster, my palms started sweating, I could feel the rush of blood in my veins...this was gonna be MINE and mine TODAY. I got the SA to get out the BIG bottle and I paid for my new purchase with glee. Now, what is it you ask that makes this so wonderful? First, the burst of mangosteen, which Hilary personally picked as the fruit du jour. Then comes the amber and the woods and everything that oriental represents to me, musk and vanilla. This scent is perfect for the cooler weather of fall and the chilling days of winter. If you like a woody aroma wafting from your cashmere sweater on a crisp day, this is your scent. Now, what else sold me on this scent? The packaging! The outside box is pure feminine eye candy. The bottle is rich and elegant and perfect for displaying on your vanity. There is nothing I can find wrong about the entire presentation. And check out the website www.withlovehilaryduff.com to see this scent and bottle and packaging in all it's glory. I fell hard for this one and you should definitely give it a whirl. And who cares if it's by Hilary Duff? I say I'm wearing With Love LOUD AND PROUD!

on 7/27/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I was surfing the net and came across a poll from TotalBeauty.com where they listed the worst and best celebrity scents. Hillary Duff was either No.1 or No. 2 so I decided to try it out. I have no idea who this person is as I am from Europe so I was not prejudiced. I was able to pick it up on a website in Germany for 27 Eur for 50ml.

This fragrance is worth every penny. I have fragrances in my collection which cost over 200 euro which cannot hold water to this scent. I love everything from the opening to the dry-down which is where this fragrance is especially beautiful and pleasing. I love how the floral notes are perfectly balanced with the woods to create a grown up fragrance which can be worn and appreciated by women of all age groups. The scent is not overpowering but a the same time gives enough silage to last all day.

Very well done and wort a try. For those not being able to afford a woody fragrance from the line of Serge Lutens this is a nice soft alternative. There are a lot of woody scents on the market today but a lot of them are poorly made. The bottle is also nicely done and feels posh in the hands.

on 5/8/2012 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I'm 34....and not a daily wearer of perfume.

I'm not a girly girl either.

Yet, I love this girly girl perfume. It's almost a chemical smell at times but it reminds of this particular flower i once smelled back in Burma that i haven't seen anywhere else. Maybe it's just memories playing tricks on me.

It lasts for a long time on me.

It's very inexpensive for the amount that you get.

You just have to be light with the application of it or you can pretty much overwhelm the entire office.

My usual go to scent is Chanel Coco and although this scent is a sweet smelling perfume, i think this may be taking over as my favorite scent!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Let me preface this by saying that I love this fragrance. It is sweet and spicy - a unique strain of caramel with a pinch of nutmeg. I cannot help but smell my wrist whenever I wear it, because it is just so interesting. *I* love it...

But everyone else that I know hates it. My sister has asked if I had on mosquito spray while wearing it. My SO once asked if someone was wearing Off! at a party (no one was). And today, my mother asked me if I was wearing bug spray.

One time is an unfortunate incident, two times is something to be concerned about, but the third time means that this fragrance is to be worn in the house when I am alone! continued >>

With Love is quite different from the rest of the celebrity fragrances out there and is very warm and oriental smelling. To begin with, I get semi sweet fruity notes which dry down reasonably quickly to something ambery and woody - almost a bit like incense!

In my opionion, this may appeal more to people who prefer a mature scent - and by that I don't mean older people, but ones who appreciate something a little more mature. It has an almost 'vintage' kind of quality to the scent, which is lovely if you like that sort of thing. The bottle is quite lovely too!

on 7/13/2007 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Sephora for offering those little travel rollerballs. I got to sample this extensively before deciding to buy a larger size. There are three things I love about "With Love." First is I LOVE the selection of woods and the way the wood notes are blended. Wood is tricky to get right for me - I don't care for a heavy pine because it reminds me too much of pine floor cleaner. But the exotic wood in this is crisp, fresh, earthy, yet somehow soft. The second thing I like is the creaminess underneath the woods - must be the chai latte note. Third is that it doesn't morph into something weird on me after it dries down. AND it is reasonably priced without smelling cheap. It's fine to wear alone but I sometimes layer it with my vanilla-based scents to boost the sweetness factor. Oh, and by the way, I am well past my teens; I have never seen a Hilary Duff movie and would probably not recognize her on the street - I like this purely for the scent.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I smelled this at a store upon it's release and was blindsided by a saleswoman just spraying it into the air. Needless to say it was a bit overwhelming. Speed up a few years, a gentleman I was conversing with raved about Hillary Duff With Love, as a unisex boozy vanilla amber melange. I knew I had to try it. He was right.... unisex whisky opening with a drydown of heavenly cakey vanilla ----
Warming and comforting, cozy and cuddlely, sensually seductive with the right partner; in between. LOVE! A great celebrity fragrance; very long wearing (into the next day) does not scream, shrill or smell cheap like many do. No doubt a full worthy bottle for me.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I brought a sample vial from an etailer and I made the right choice. I was nervous because all the negative reviews on another review site. I was also worried about the spicy woodsy note. However this fragrance is beautiful. Unfortunately I don't have one of those bloodhound noses that can dissect a scent from start to finish. On me this scent is like a light powdery smell with a kick of spice to keep it from being boring. Whom ever was responsible for putting together Hilary's fragrance did a great job. I also give Hilary props for taking a risk and stepping out of the fruity, sweet, teeny star floral arena.

Popular Fragrances