benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

on 6/12/2014 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to use this as my lazy day quick foundation. I found that it's very obvious and powdery which is nice if you want to photoshoot or something similar but it's horrible on those needed lazy days because it's too obvious. I also found it too small. It only last very few uses despite it's $50+ cost.

Not worth the money for the amount of applications.

on 6/8/2014 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Much like Bo-ing! I find this product too oily and think on your skin. Good coverage but I find it almost impossible to not look cakey wearing this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Easily one of the worst foundations for oily skin that I've tried. I got this in a set in the shade Medium, which from the pan looks rather dark and orange for my yellow-olive, NC25 skin, but I suppose that doesn't matter, because it offers very little coverage. Texture wise, it's initially thin and very greasy. Once applied, it dries to a finish that is powdery and yet still feels slippery; it doesn't exactly set but rather sits on top of your skin. I used to think that Maybelline Fit Me was the oiliest foundation out there, but this definitely broke the record. Because of the texture, I have to use a TON of powder to set Some Kind-a Gorgeous; this keeps the product in place, but it feels heavy and just plain gross. It may work for dry-skinned individuals who already have fairly even-toned skin, but I'm quite the opposite of that. I almost always try finding alternative uses for products that I don't like, but this may very well go into the garbage bin unfinished.

I have always been slightly obsessed with Benefit, but due to its price and my tight budget I only buy their products about once a year or so. Usually I buy their blushers but decided to try something new so grabbed this.

I actually really liked this product. I have VERY pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough for me. This one was perfect. I apply it all over my face with the sponge, and on areas which need more coverage I go over it again with my fingers. I then apply a little concealer under my eyes and set with powder and it stays there all day long. It looks super natural. I think that this is a very light coverage; my skin is in pretty good condition, but even I need some additional coverage in some place. But it certainly evens out my skin tone as well as making my face feel very soft. I love this product and will always repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love benefit, but not this one. It goes on WAY to powdery on the skin, and it looks fake. It doesn't blend perfectly like Hello flawless, and it does not give you a natural look. The light one is too light, and the medium a bit to orange and dark. Øv øv!

on 2/6/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Worst product I've ever used on my skin! This came with one of their kits and I decided to give it a try. I'm an NC30 in Mac and the medium one was way too dark and too orange for my skin. It smells like straight up clay which I didn't like and it made me break out so bad!!!!

I have combination skin and this product brought out the oil and I stayed shiny all day no matter if I patted my face with a small amount of powder. I would recommend if you have dry skin and need the creamy oil back into your skin.

on 1/5/2014 4:26:00 PM

The only thing remotely close to a foundation I will put on my face. Also the most truly looking natural "foundation" I've ever come across. I detest foundation and don't wear it, I've spend insane amounts of money on foundation and no matter what it never looks natural. It definitely never feels natural, either. However this stuff is amazing. Unbelievably light, natural/matte finish, extremely smooth, and light coverage. It gets rid of any redness and still shows my freckles and my skin still shows through. Foundations are always so mask-like in appearance and feel, and this is the only one ive found in the past 3 years that makes me look natural and that isn't heavy. I've thought about trying Chanel's vitalumiere aqua ? It's supposed to be nice and light as well. I used this before I took accutane and still use it 2 years later, so it works for most skin types I think. It worked for me back when I had oily skin, and I still love it even though I have dry skin. If you're sick of heavy foundations and want something easy and natural, give this a try !

on 1/5/2014 12:26:00 AM

100% one of my beauty must haves! Very smooth and creamy and gives the face a more natural look. If your on the go and just a light foundation that evens out your skin and makes you look almost flawless this is for you. On my days where I just want to do a few steps this my go to. It is probably not for girls with oily acne prone skin but you can try if you like it's just not very matte however it's not super dewy either.

I really tried to love this product. My skin felt amazing with it on and I feel it blends great. This is not a product for imperfections although it did even out my skin tone it would be considered a light coverage.

My main complaint is that the product literally was empty within 2 weeks of using it once a day if that. For the price, it really is not worth it and I will find something else that lasts longer for the price.