benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.0

on 11/16/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This broke me out only after a few uses so I suspect that it clogs pores. It is really unfortunate because I absolutely love the finish of this. It goes on creamy, blends like a dream without feeling cakey, and dries to a powdery finish. It also lasts well throughout the day. The medium shade is a perfect match for my NC35 medium tanned skin. I also liked that I did not need concealer, and found that it was a great all-in-one product.

The downpoints about this foundation is that 1) It is pricey and the product gets used up really fast. You don't get a lot of product for the price. 2) It is a plasticky/latex smell but this goes away quickly. 3) If you have sensitive skin, it may break you out.

If you are unsure about this product, Sephora sells a mini sized sample for $12 CAD which is a great trial product that will last for weeks. It is also great as a portable compact to keep in the purse but I think it is only available for a limited time.

on 10/7/2010 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product made my skin feel so greasy and I absolutely hated the smell! Also breaks me out so I definitely will not be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a Benefit sample kit, so I didn't really risk paying a lot for it. First off, I was kinda confused as to what this is- it's not supposed to be a foundation, but is supposed to fake it. Hmm. Ok. So I was thinking maybe it's a tinted moisturizer type thing, which it isn't either since it's not that kinda formula (I know Benefit makes their own TM anyway). The actual product is very lightweight, seems kinda creamy (and sometimes oily which makes me nervous since I'm prone to breakouts)when applying, then almost immediately dries into a powder finish. Aaannd...I see nothing. No coverage, can't even tell that it's on. So if you're like me and need something that will even out your skin tone and do somewhat of a good job concealing, or actually do something in terms of improvement, this product is pointless. If you're skin is pretty decent and you just want something on your face for the sake of having something on you face, you might like it. I would take a tinted moisturizer over this any day- this is just pointless unless you have perfect skin.

on 12/30/2009 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is an interesting product. Its a primer mixed with color. It feels like cream foundation but has a light coverage like a tinted moisturizer. I have NC35-NC37 skintone (yellow olive beige) and when applied this is very light for me, but when I use a bronzer over it, my imperfections are gone, I would say this product provides a light to medium in coverage, and my skin looks dewey. I have overly oily skin, and It stayed on me majority of the day on my skin and I think its due to the primer (Feel So Good) in this product. This product has a tendency to ball up if the product dries before I blend it. While the concept is good, I like using my own primer, let that dry, and then use my foundation, this way, using two different products provide a seamless coverage without balling up.

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I feel like this is an HG product for me! luckily it's my color, i love the translucence of it! I think it looks really natural and soft while evening and covering a some of my cheek redness. I do use That Gal underneath it, i'm thinking of trying another primer after i finish it.. I apply both with a foundation brush, I pretty much just apply it to the brush and then brush it on my face, blending a lot. VERY EASY, even for me and i'm no make up guru! would recommend if it suits your coloring.