benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.4

on 11/26/2012 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Expensive... no coverage, waste of money!

on 2/29/2012 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this product for light coverage and OMG it broke me out!!! I wish I hadn't purchased this but you live and you learn.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I brought this product today, i love the finishing off this foundation and it feels very light for my skin. I usually wear no make up or minimal, so this is perfect just to make my skin look a little more smooth and to even out skin tone. I would buy this product again nice work Benefit ^^

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

based on the mixed reviews, i wasn't sure if i'd like this. i did pick up the mini $9 size of this at sephora in medium. i'm shocked. i find that this covers minor imperfections quite well and doesn't look greasy at all (like i thought it would). It even out skintone perfectly. My only gripe is, that I need to use quite a bit to get the desired coverage that I like, and I find that this won't last long at all. I gave 4/5 stars because of that fact that I can see this being used up quickly, even in the full size. It can get quite expensive to keep purchasing this. The packaging is super duper cute as usual for Benefit. i may buy again, but this isn't something i can afford to use every day

on 11/16/2010 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This broke me out only after a few uses so I suspect that it clogs pores. It is really unfortunate because I absolutely love the finish of this. It goes on creamy, blends like a dream without feeling cakey, and dries to a powdery finish. It also lasts well throughout the day. The medium shade is a perfect match for my NC35 medium tanned skin. I also liked that I did not need concealer, and found that it was a great all-in-one product.

The downpoints about this foundation is that 1) It is pricey and the product gets used up really fast. You don't get a lot of product for the price. 2) It is a plasticky/latex smell but this goes away quickly. 3) If you have sensitive skin, it may break you out.

If you are unsure about this product, Sephora sells a mini sized sample for $12 CAD which is a great trial product that will last for weeks. It is also great as a portable compact to keep in the purse but I think it is only available for a limited time.

on 11/14/2010 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've this product for a few years but hardly wore it as it always seemed to cake around my dry areas and accentuate them when I used the sponge. A few days I was reading reviews on here and decided to try applying it with a foundation brush. Wow what a difference it makes!!

Upon application it seems a bit greasy and kinda light for my skin tone. After about 5 minutes, the product sinks in and matches great. I think it gives good coverage and I like how it feels like you have nothing on your face once it settles in.
Once the product dries on my face, I lightly dust over some powder, I tried it with Dandelion and it looked amazing!! So flawless and pretty. I would never had expected to have such a great result especially since I really don't think Dandelion works on my skin, but paired with this 'foundation' it's amazing. So happy I actually found a use for these products, I really thought they would just end up sitting in my make up stash for the next decade (I couldn't bring myself to get rid of these since I spent soo much on them, and I'm really glad I hadn't now that I found how to use them :)).

on 10/7/2010 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product made my skin feel so greasy and I absolutely hated the smell! Also breaks me out so I definitely will not be buying again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a Benefit sample kit, so I didn't really risk paying a lot for it. First off, I was kinda confused as to what this is- it's not supposed to be a foundation, but is supposed to fake it. Hmm. Ok. So I was thinking maybe it's a tinted moisturizer type thing, which it isn't either since it's not that kinda formula (I know Benefit makes their own TM anyway). The actual product is very lightweight, seems kinda creamy (and sometimes oily which makes me nervous since I'm prone to breakouts)when applying, then almost immediately dries into a powder finish. Aaannd...I see nothing. No coverage, can't even tell that it's on. So if you're like me and need something that will even out your skin tone and do somewhat of a good job concealing, or actually do something in terms of improvement, this product is pointless. If you're skin is pretty decent and you just want something on your face for the sake of having something on you face, you might like it. I would take a tinted moisturizer over this any day- this is just pointless unless you have perfect skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

When the makeup artists put it on me, I really liked it because it was weightless and it didn't make my skin itch. So I bought it. Now that I've worn it a few times, I realized that it just doesn't work for my skin. I've had the worst break out in years using this stuff. And two hours after applying it, I'm as greasy as an open container of petroleum jelly. I want to love it, because I paid so much for it. But I don't. The coverage is really very sheer, and better for someone with normal to dry skin.

on 2/13/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this foundation in the lighter shade even though i am asian and have relatively tan skin and i love it. There are a lot of days when i don't feel like caking on the foundation and this is a great way to even out my skin tone without a lot of effort. I think the coverage is pretty decent, although not the greatest but when paired with a loose powder i think it is pretty good. It is oil-free also which is nice because i have combination skin sometimes slick foundations bother my skin. ------> after quite a few days of use i find that it dries out my skin and makes me cheeks a little flaky... so that is kind of a bummer because any powder i put over it just makes it worse.