benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Filtered by eye Color : Green
benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.3

As the reviewer below said, I'm just not understanding the hate for this! I love it and have repurchased twice.
Okay, so the formula is a little confusing - i get that. It feels rather oily, especially if you swatch it with your finger...yet despite that, it's actually oil-free.
I use my SKG in two different ways - firstly as a lightweight, sheer foundation with a dusting of powder over the top to set it (yes, you WILL need to set it, otherwise you will look shiny, regardless of skin type!) and secondly, as a primer underneath another foundation (this helps neutralize my face and eliminate any redness or discoloration and just general seems to make my foundation go on better and lasts much longer.

My one bit of advice to you, and this is what turned me in to a convert - ditch the sponge! Apply it with a stippling brush - I swear you'll see a ton of difference!
The sponge just eats up the product and doesn't seem to transfer properly on to your face at all xo

on 7/13/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I used this product when I was in my late teens I'm now 26! But at the time I didn't need a lot of coverage as I didn't suffer the same issues I have with my skin now! It gave me a natural looking coverage without being too heavy! I dont think I'd use it now but for someone with clear skin or someone who's a bit younger this could be a really good option!

I have always been slightly obsessed with Benefit, but due to its price and my tight budget I only buy their products about once a year or so. Usually I buy their blushers but decided to try something new so grabbed this.

I actually really liked this product. I have VERY pale skin and often struggle to find a foundation light enough for me. This one was perfect. I apply it all over my face with the sponge, and on areas which need more coverage I go over it again with my fingers. I then apply a little concealer under my eyes and set with powder and it stays there all day long. It looks super natural. I think that this is a very light coverage; my skin is in pretty good condition, but even I need some additional coverage in some place. But it certainly evens out my skin tone as well as making my face feel very soft. I love this product and will always repurchase!

on 1/5/2014 12:26:00 AM

100% one of my beauty must haves! Very smooth and creamy and gives the face a more natural look. If your on the go and just a light foundation that evens out your skin and makes you look almost flawless this is for you. On my days where I just want to do a few steps this my go to. It is probably not for girls with oily acne prone skin but you can try if you like it's just not very matte however it's not super dewy either.

on 1/8/2013 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually like this. Don't use too much, if I do it makes my skin looks old :-(
But when I use a blending brush and blend it, it looks really nice. I have the color medium and I am an nc20/25. I said yes to if I would buy this again but i'm not sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It took me a while to figure out what a "foundation faker" even is. Then I tried it one night (it came with a box set I got from BeneFit) when I wanted to snap a few pictures for Facebook and didn't want to waste some of my more expensive foundation just for that. The coverage is so-so, but I couldn't get past the smell. It has a heavy, foul, chemical smell. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin. Between that and the vile smell, I couldn't wait to get it off my face.

First let me say that if you have given this a bad review you either were not using it correctly or didn't realize that this product is not a foundation but a foundation faker. If you have any texture or have acne, scars then this would not be the product for you. If you have normal skin this is the perfect product!! This is very simiar to the cover-ups of the 1940's and 1950's. As you can see from the pictures the ladies looked gorgeous and I'll tell you why....the product is a buildable product that you want to always start out with moisturizer. If your anything like your Grandma then you know how important this step is. If you skip this step with ANY skin type you will age more quickly. It is the key to beautiful youthful skin and make sure your moisturizer has SPF. SPF in makeup is not enough protection you need a moisturizer with the spf in it. So after you have put on your moisturizer than you will use your middle and ring finger to swipe a small amount out of the compact. You will need to go in circle sweeping outward on the face. Use as little as possible you will feel how far it spreads out. Now wait. About 20 seconds later your makeup has adjusted to your skin type and can you believe how flawless you look!!! Make sure you set this with a powder....remember powder should be darker not lighter than your skin if you want to look NORMAL. This is a trick that all makeup artists use! Use transulent if your scared of the color you will be amazed at how natural and flawless you look. Add a little brozner to the corners of your forehead and cheeks....you will look like a FOX!! I hope this helps someone....this is my favorite product out there and it is a miracle worker in a compact!!

on 7/5/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after being convinced in a department store that it was some kind of miracle! The beautician applied it to my face after commenting how terrible my skin looked. ::how rude:: In the store lighting it didn't look bad on my face and I thought it blended well. Big mistake. I went home and redid my makeup. It looked fine at first but after going outside and looking in my rearview mirror I realized what a dreadful mistake I made. It caked into my pores and made my skin really greasy. the color looked miserable on my skin. It sits in lines and gets more oily hour by hour. I used oil blotters the entire night trying to keep my grease at bay.

on 5/3/2012 9:36:00 PM

when i first tried this product it just felt very stange to me, its a cream but once you blend its a powder formula. i bought this because i had a sephora employee apply this and i fell in love and bought it right away it gave me a nice glow, and looked flawless. once i got home and i applied it the same way the associate did (with a sponge) it looked very dry and cakey, wasnt for me at all. i was quite sad because in the store i loved it. i returned it but i suggest trying it out first. it does have cute packaging though

This was recommended to be by a Sephora employee. I have very pale combination skin that gets oily around my nose. I was expecting a nice match and good coverage from this foundation:

PROS:

- Adorable packaging
- Reasonably good match

CONS:

- Hard to apply
- Small amount of product for a lot of money
- Wears off quickly
- Not very good finish

Bottom line: Would not recommend or repurchase.