benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.9

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this in medium and it would be great if I was just a little bit tanner. I don't think they make it any more, so I guess I'll never know if the lighter shade would work for me. I do like the idea of a non-foundation foundation, though. I feel like I got oily quicker with this, though. One other thing I didn't like about this product was a very chemical-like smell, like motor oil or something.

I don't understand why people are being so negative about this product!
It's amazing! I have a combo skin that is medium toned and this product is just a life saver!
I apply this with a beauty blender and then over it I apply powder. It gives me just enough coverage and leaves my skin smooth and silky, the product is very oily when on your finger but when applied to your face it becomes silky and smooth just like the porefessional expect its a cream formula!!
If you have severe acne or just a lot of acne this is not enough coverage as it is a lightweight, it gives just enough coverage to the girls who have little spots and zits now and then but otherwise perfect skin
I love this and I am definitely going to buy more!

I have combination skin and this product brought out the oil and I stayed shiny all day no matter if I patted my face with a small amount of powder. I would recommend if you have dry skin and need the creamy oil back into your skin.

on 1/5/2014 4:26:00 PM

The only thing remotely close to a foundation I will put on my face. Also the most truly looking natural "foundation" I've ever come across. I detest foundation and don't wear it, I've spend insane amounts of money on foundation and no matter what it never looks natural. It definitely never feels natural, either. However this stuff is amazing. Unbelievably light, natural/matte finish, extremely smooth, and light coverage. It gets rid of any redness and still shows my freckles and my skin still shows through. Foundations are always so mask-like in appearance and feel, and this is the only one ive found in the past 3 years that makes me look natural and that isn't heavy. I've thought about trying Chanel's vitalumiere aqua ? It's supposed to be nice and light as well. I used this before I took accutane and still use it 2 years later, so it works for most skin types I think. It worked for me back when I had oily skin, and I still love it even though I have dry skin. If you're sick of heavy foundations and want something easy and natural, give this a try !

on 10/22/2013 11:44:00 PM

I love this stuff. Except for a few things. I am a teenager on a tight budget. And oh dear Sephora, $36 won't cut it. I love the finish, but it must be set with a powder. I use a stipling brush for the foundation, then a huge fluffy brush for the powder. When you don't set this with powder, oh my goodness,it will come off. For example, my friend needed a quick coverup, and with my SKAG in my school bag, I handed it over for her to borrow. However, when i handed her the powder, she said she didn't need it. Alright sounds fine, right? well off we go to class, and us being the tired teens we are, she puts her head on her project that she is handing in that day. And when she lifted her head, there was skin coloured mess all over the front of her assignment. SO SET IT WITH A POWDER! I still find the price much too high, so if anyone every finds a drugstore or at least cheaper equivalent, PLEASE let me know.

This product applies really nicely and looks great for a little while but I don't feel it stays on very well, maybe it's the primer I use but I personally won't repurchase this and think MAC studio tech is much better value

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was talked into buying this foundation from one of the girls working at the counter when purchasing some 'Hoola'. I was drawn to the packaging and hadn't ever had any problems when it came to Benefit cosmetics before and always liked their formulas so decided to give it a go. I applied this foundation over my usual primer and it went on perfectly. Spread even and gave me great coverage. I didn't apply any powder over it as I really liked the finish of the product on my skin. However a few hours later I clocked myself in the mirror and realised my previously 'perfectly' applied foundation was now patchy and dry. I couldn't believe it!! I was really disappointed but decided to give it another go as I am a true believer in giving everything a good go. The next time I applied this foundation I decided to use a powder over but I felt this ruined the finish of the foundation. The same thing happened again but this time it looked even worse and the powder had dried in with it and looked flaky and patchy. Perhaps this was just my skin as I know plenty of people who swear by this foundation. Hope this review helps anybody looking to purchase and perhaps ask one of the Benefit girls to apply it and call back to the counter a few hours later if pleased with the result.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I hate to stand out from the crowd here, but I absolutely hate this product.
If you have dry skin, it is not for you. It really dried out my face and clung to the patches of dry skin even if I used moisturiser. The coverage certainly wasn't enough, it didn't cover up any of my blemishes/imperfections. Also, I have fair skin and the lightest shade was really yellow. I don't recommend this product and wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Terrible product! Super splotchy and drying ! Ughh, will not repruchase

on 7/12/2012 3:54:00 AM

I registered just to review this product as I am very disappointed. I paid 34 euro for this and two weeks later it's almost gone and I haven't used it every day. It is too light you would need to have perfect skin already for it to work. I have tried using it as per some tip I've read in other reviews such as layering it and I still think it's rubbish.

The colour is very light (I bought thelightest shade as I am quite pale) and I had to use it with another foundation to make it work and look halfway decent. Would not buy it again