BeneFit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

2.8

on 6/12/2014 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I wanted to use this as my lazy day quick foundation. I found that it's very obvious and powdery which is nice if you want to photoshoot or something similar but it's horrible on those needed lazy days because it's too obvious. I also found it too small. It only last very few uses despite it's $50+ cost.

Not worth the money for the amount of applications.

It's probably the worst product i've ever bought. It's extremely greasy yet menages to accentuate the dryness of my skin. Also smells creepy like plastic.

on 4/3/2012 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product has come as a great surprise to me. I bought it because of the good reviews I read but I must admit I wasn't completely convinced I would liked it. However, I was very nicely surprised when I put it on. The coverage is buildable to the point that you can choose between a hint of foundation and full coverage. It is completely invisible and it achieves the perfect balance between satin and mat. I have oily skin and I'm used to foundations changing colour and texture after a while, but this one didn't fade or change at all after quite a few hours of wear in warm weather. I bought the Medium shade and it's just perfect for my natural complexion. I am really impressed. The only con? The price, as I think it is quite expensive considering it is not going to last me several months but far less.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

My skin gets really dry in the winter time, so I decided to try out a creme foundation. I got this foundation in medium. When I first applied it, It felt really smooth on my face, and it was moisturizing as well. It's super light weight, and I couldn't feel it on my skin. But as I applied this, it made my dry patches stand out and be more visible. This foundation doesn't really have a lot of staying power, so you have to use either a primer or set it with powder.

on 1/28/2012 3:50:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I totally forgot owning this. I ordered it when there was only 1 shade fits all; not true. I had no memory how it was; quess I tried once. My skin is now in pretty good condition; bit uneven, minor redness. I put Diorskin Nude Glow complexion enhancer 001 (apricot tone) over moisturizer to even skintone. With same brush Sigma F80 I started buffing this very creamy thing into skin. At first it seemed to not cover anything. Took more to brush and started buffing and buffing.. Finally it gave enough coverage for me. But my dehydrated-combo skin looked very greasy and about a shade too dark. Maybe Nude Glow under played a part. I used Stila Illuminating powder fndn in 20 watts to set it and make it look lighter. 20 watts is very light and odd shade imo. And I didn`t remember owning it either:). I was organazing my stash. With the Stila on top it looked better and wearable. Lasting power was ok, about 8h without touch-ups. I`m not that impressed. It`s not great or bad just ok. I probably forget it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The box packaging - Creative! It's a really attractive box that makes me feel good after the purchase. The foundation matches my skin colour really well at the counter and I looked great. - After a few weeks of use, I got breakouts. I didn't know that it was this foundation that caused it or not so I stopped using it for a few days to let my skin recover. When I started to apply it on my face again, the nasty things start popping up my skin! Little bumps and dry patches surfaced as well because of this! I had flawless skin! I guess it's also because I have sensitive skin...

Another thing I noticed is that the casing sucks!!! - Even when the lid is well closed, somehow tiny fibres (from your bag or clothing) will seep through the casing and "live" in your foundation.. You have to use something to pick it out or it'll stay there - It's disgusting. I regret not searching up for this product before purchase and the foundation is locked up in a plastic container untouched in my drawer.

I purchased this with several other BeneFit products.. (2 concealers that makes my eyes and face orange and a blusher that breaks me out too -.- )

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you want a pretty pricey compact mirror, this one is for you. Its color changes to some dark orange on my skin right after I put on. It covers nothing, doesn't neutralize my skin tone, and it has absolutely no staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

Really, Benefit? Really?

I don't get this product. I understand it's supposed to provide a light coverage and look natural, and their catalog even plugs it for use when you don't feel up to putting on your regular makeup.

By the time I apply this and blend and blend and blend to get any type of coverage whatsoever, it's as time-consuming as just sucking it up and using my regular foundation, so what's the point?

I usually love Benefit products but this one...ummm, not so much. Glad I only got it as 1 in a 4-piece set, because I'd have been extremely disappointed to have purchased a full-sized product.

Maybe if one has perfect skin this would be a great "non-foundation foundation," but for me I'll stick with my regular foundation.

on 10/18/2010 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible product. Smells like crayons.

on 8/3/2010 10:36:00 PM

It has the cutest packaging. But I would perfer to pay for quality product rather than the packaging.
It went on quite well at first. After 2 hours, it became a mess and made my face so oily as if I just came out from a fry pan.
Luckily I got it in a sample kit before purchasing a full size product.