benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous

benefit Cosmetics Some Kind-A Gorgeous
SomeKindaGorgeousBeneFit Some Kind-A Gorgeous

3.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I received this foundation in a sample pack from Benefit. Wow, it isn't often that I throughly dislike a product, but for this particular product, IMO, it is God awful. I don't like the color, texture, or finish.

I typically like most things from Benefit, but this was a real miss for me. Not sure what they were thinking when they created this, but it left a lot to be desired.

on 5/8/2014 11:21:00 AM

This foundation is terrible. The color matched OK, and I did like that it's pretty portable being a solid foundation in a little pan. However that doesn't matter because the foundation itself is awful. It starts out looking dewy, or possibly greasy if you went heavy, with OK coverage. Then after it dries it makes my face look horribly dry and uneven again. I had just moisturized with Tarte Marajuca Oil and I don't have dry skin regardless so I was unhappy to see how dry and flaky it ended up looking. I tried to save it by adding another drop of marajuca oil and rubbing it into the areas that looked super dry, but it didn't do anything other than completely break down any coverage that was left. I don't know why I keep trying Benefit products. I've hated most of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Easily one of the worst foundations for oily skin that I've tried. I got this in a set in the shade Medium, which from the pan looks rather dark and orange for my yellow-olive, NC25 skin, but I suppose that doesn't matter, because it offers very little coverage. Texture wise, it's initially thin and very greasy. Once applied, it dries to a finish that is powdery and yet still feels slippery; it doesn't exactly set but rather sits on top of your skin. I used to think that Maybelline Fit Me was the oiliest foundation out there, but this definitely broke the record. Because of the texture, I have to use a TON of powder to set Some Kind-a Gorgeous; this keeps the product in place, but it feels heavy and just plain gross. It may work for dry-skinned individuals who already have fairly even-toned skin, but I'm quite the opposite of that. I almost always try finding alternative uses for products that I don't like, but this may very well go into the garbage bin unfinished.

on 2/6/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Worst product I've ever used on my skin! This came with one of their kits and I decided to give it a try. I'm an NC30 in Mac and the medium one was way too dark and too orange for my skin. It smells like straight up clay which I didn't like and it made me break out so bad!!!!

on 1/4/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got the mini size of this in the "Primping With The Stars" kit and really liked it! I use it only to cover up pimple scars or redness (sensitive skin) and it does the job well. I like the whole cream to powder thing and it doesn't wear off easily like other concealers do. It is very easy to blend, and it doesn't take much product to do the job for me. I use this alone if I'm going casual and just wearing mascara, but if I'm getting a little more dolled up or if I'm out the whole day, I use it in combination with Stay Don't Stray primer. And they work together so well.
In terms of packaging I thought the design was cute. The mini size is perfect if you don't like carrying a whole lot of make up in your purse, and it lasts pretty long. The big one is a little huge and really pricey. I wish I could just buy the mini sized one.

All in all I really like it. And if it wasn't for the price I would definitely buy it again.

on 11/19/2013 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG I absolutely hate this stuff! I mean HATE. It is supposed to be oil free but is sooooo greasy and heavy feeling I just can't stand it, and it NEVER sets! No matter how much powder or setting spray, it slides all over the place. Impossible to apply without looking streaky no matter what I use to apply. I bought this for a lighter coverage for casual, minimal makeup days, but for a light coverage foundation "faker", it is the heaviest feeling stuff I have ever put on my face, and I'm an Estée Lauder Doublewear, revlon colorstay, Kat Von D Lock It lover. Settles into fine lines, creases, pools up in pores, greasy looking, greasy feeling, blah coverage, doesn't blend well, sits on skin, never sets, just bad bad bad bad bad. I want to go wash my face just thinking about it!

on 11/13/2013 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is one of those makeup product that either you love it or hate it,nothing in the middle. I have oily t-zone but normal on the rest of my face but foundation even if I set it with powder it will look patchy on my cheeks. The coverage is sheer to light. Also for how much you will need to use it,this product runs out quickly making it very expensive to use it on a daily basis. Will never repurchase.

This is the only Benefit product I have ever bought that I have HATED! I just don't get how this could be good. ( and I have A LOT of their collections and love everything I have ever bought with the exception of porefessional - but that's just "meh" rather than hate)

I have combination skin with some occasional dry patches just above and below my mouth. This product clings like nothing else making these spots look horrendous. The sponge it comes with puts the product on too thickly and does not blend well. it gives me a chalky "cake face" appearance with the smallest amount of product. If you blend it very (VERY) well it can look ok from a distance but as soon as you look at yourself in the mirror you can see the product sitting on the skin, settling into any imperfection.

I have used this on top of porefessional, smashbox primer, bare face and on top of oxygen wow foundation - same horrible results every time. I even checked out youtube to see if I was applying incorrectly.

I will most likely de pot this product and THROW IT AWAY and put something else in the compact which is the only redeeming feature of this product.

I wish I was in the US where you can return products to stores like Sephora but alas I bought the product directly from the benefit website and their response to my feedback was "We have forwarded your feedback to our product development team for further consideration."

I have a very fair complexion, with oily T-zone and patches of red and flaky skin around my nose. I got the lightest shade of Some kind of gorgeous. I am extremely disappointed with it, as it clings to each single imperfection on the skin , making it absolutely obvious instead of hiding it or at least minimizing it. The only areas where it is somewhat usable are the flawless areas of the cheeks and might work as dark circles concealer if you don't have wrinkles. I found it working better on flawless skin OVER a good primer (I use Too Faced primed & poreless pure). I do not recommend it under any circumstance for skin with imperfections or wrinkles.

I really tried to love this product. My skin felt amazing with it on and I feel it blends great. This is not a product for imperfections although it did even out my skin tone it would be considered a light coverage.

My main complaint is that the product literally was empty within 2 weeks of using it once a day if that. For the price, it really is not worth it and I will find something else that lasts longer for the price.